ADVERTISEMENT

Moving on...

GermantownDawg

All-American
Sep 9, 2001
From Cal or to the NCAAT?

That's the real question.

Y'all's team still has a shot to make noise. I think it really will come down to potential matchups, but the team is capable. They showed that most of the year and especially late in the season against some really good competition.

Yesterday was surprising, yet reading y'all's posts, maybe not all that surprising. Kentucky can outscore anyone on any given day, but the defense leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a firm believer defense has to at least be SOLID heading into the tournament to make it past the Sweet 16, which is what all of you have come to and should expect.

If you don't get it, I'm with a lot of you - I think it's time to move on. The league is so much deeper, more talented, and better coached than it was when Cal first got here and out talented everyone. You still have enough talent to win your fair share of games, but I know that's still not good enough for UK faithful.

If you do move on, I think you have to be okay with it not working out. The next hire may not hit. Sometimes that's what it takes to find your next Rupp/Pitino, etc. Failure. Sometimes failure is more palatable than where you currently are because hope is right around the corner.

Of course, you could hit it just right and take the program where it needs to be. But you have to take that first step to find out.

E8 is the least Cal has to accomplish for me to not pick up my metaphorical torch and pitchfork. (Edit: I’d be considering putting the torch and pitchfork down with an E8) That’s a fairly generous standard for this board. No more excuses. I get that we aren’t going to win the SEC regular season, SECT, and make an E8 or better every season. But we should be able to accomplish one of those things (combined) more than once every five years.

We are currently in our longest SECT drought, one year away from our longest SEC regular season drought, one year away from our longest E8 drought, and tied for our second longest F4 drought. All at the same time. Cal needs to do something that matters this year. He only has one option left. We are accomplishing so little with by far the most talent in the country. It’s unacceptable.

From Cal or to the NCAAT?

That's the real question.

Y'all's team still has a shot to make noise. I think it really will come down to potential matchups, but the team is capable. They showed that most of the year and especially late in the season against some really good competition.

Yesterday was surprising, yet reading y'all's posts, maybe not all that surprising. Kentucky can outscore anyone on any given day, but the defense leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a firm believer defense has to at least be SOLID heading into the tournament to make it past the Sweet 16, which is what all of you have come to and should expect.

If you don't get it, I'm with a lot of you - I think it's time to move on. The league is so much deeper, more talented, and better coached than it was when Cal first got here and out talented everyone. You still have enough talent to win your fair share of games, but I know that's still not good enough for UK faithful.

If you do move on, I think you have to be okay with it not working out. The next hire may not hit. Sometimes that's what it takes to find your next Rupp/Pitino, etc. Failure. Sometimes failure is more palatable than where you currently are because hope is right around the corner.

Of course, you could hit it just right and take the program where it needs to be. But you have to take that first step to find out.
X1000

Reactions: Aike
This team can win it all. Or they can lose in the first round. They will not play any defense. It is what it is. But we can outscore anyone. If we have a cold night then we are in trouble. But we don’t have a lot of cold nights either. Who the hell knows?

I know this, there’s not another team that has the quality wins that Kentucky has. It’s there for the taking

I just don't see us getting to the E8 with Cal doing the coaching. Love to be wrong but I am tired of Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT