ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

Great. Home delivery of a drug that would be unnecessary if fat f***s went for a daily walk.
Exercise isn't even neccessary for losing weight. You can lose tons of weight just sitting on your couch. As long as you eat below your TDEE. Your body will use all those fat deposits it's built up over the years as food. Exercise is what should come after you lose weight. To tone your muscles and for overall general health. Really obese people will drop weight really quickly. Because they have tons of fat built up. Also, to be that obese like BMI of 35 or greater you have to eat around 5000 calories or more a day. So if you slash that by 3000. To just 2000 a day. Which to a normal weight person is just maintance. The weight will fall off. No exercise is needed.

Reactions: NociHTTP and chroix
You're not wrong but it's poor advice. Even very small amounts of activity will make a ton of difference and should be part of any plan.

As for caloric deficit and muscle loss. Per quick research anything more than 10% of maintenance will result in lean muscle loss. While any weekly loss greater than 1% of your bw will also result in muscle loss. That would mean at some point, even very obese folks, will hit a plateau and need to consider adjusting diet/exercise to make further progress. Basically, what I was hinting at with the guy on the last page.

If you eat protein in the defecit you won't lose muscle.
This can be true but it’s not easy at all, meaning no way most people have the will power. You need to meal prep everything down to exact macros for almost all meals and snacks, while still lifting.

And seriously no one should go from 5K/cals/day to 2K as a diet. 99% of people would fail and 99% of people that can do that would not be in the place to need to do that.

Gradually and slowly.

This can be true but it’s not easy at all, meaning no way most people have the will power. You need to meal prep everything down to exact macros for almost all meals and snacks, while still lifting.

And seriously no one should go from 5K/cals/day to 2K as a diet. 99% of people would fail and 99% of people that can do that would not be in the place to need to do that.

Gradually and slowly.
Not even lifting. Just eat around 130g of protein. Which is hard as hell by itself.

Reactions: anthonys735
-Protein shakes help, but 130 grams of protein is NOT a lot, should be easy for anyone trying.

-And okay sure, it can be done without lifting. Lots of things can be done.

How many people are eating like that and not working out? I don’t know anyone that’s not a gym rat that actually counts calories unless it’s just to be in a deficit and “stay skinny”.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a person counting macros that doesn’t lift.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
-Protein shakes help, but 130 grams of protein is NOT a lot, should be easy for anyone trying.

-And okay sure, it can be done without lifting. Lots of things can be done.

How many people are eating like that and not working out? I don’t know anyone that’s not a gym rat that actually counts calories unless it’s just to be in a deficit and “stay skinny”.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a person counting macros that doesn’t lift.
Tons of people count calories to lose weight without going to the gym or working out. Like single parents, very obese people who can't move well, etc. When I cut calories to lose 20 pounds, I didn't work out. I didn't want to get lean or muscular. I just wanted to get skinny.

Reactions: roguemocha
Tons of people count calories to lose weight without going to the gym or working out. Like single parents, very obese people who can't move well, etc. When I cut calories to lose 20 pounds, I didn't work out. I didn't want to get lean or muscular. I just wanted to get skinny.
Well i said “I don’t know anyone” which is true. I know people that “watch” what they eat but don’t know anyone personally that counts calories and doesn’t workout.

And as I said I’ve never met a person counting macros that isn’t working out. I’m sure they exist, I just don’t know them.

As it was said there’s a plethora of good info on the meathead thread:

Just out of curiosity, why would you not want to get lean or muscular? Are you a contortionist or a spelunker? lol

I can’t imagine the downside of gaining a little muscle versus just being skinny, maybe you have the answer, but I can’t imagine being stronger ever being a bad thing, or having more muscle, which burns more fat, which means you can eat more.

Just out of curiosity, why would you not want to get lean or muscular? Are you a contortionist or a spelunker? lol

I can’t imagine the downside of gaining a little muscle versus just being skinny, maybe you have the answer, but I can’t imagine being stronger ever being a bad thing, or having more muscle, which burns more fat, which means you can eat more.
Just the body type i prefer. Lol, idk.

I think babies should be put on an IV drip of this nectar of the hogs (I actually tried to put gods but it changed to hogs which I thought was actually more appropriate).

I’m about to head to jiu jitsu and then the gym so I don’t have to take fat lazy people medicine to feel okay about myself.

I’ll roll for 45 mins and then lift weights. I’ll get this crazy dopamine and serotonin release from my body making me feel HIGH as effffff for hours afterwards, increasing my energy and mood as well as overall well-being but shooting my glutes full of this shit seems fine too I reckon…

Reactions: chroix
I smell future class action lawsuit. Something about things that seem too good to be true.
It makes people eat less without being hungry all the time, and therefore it’s quickly going to help them lose weight, be healthier and more active. That in turn will make people less “depressed”. So it makes sense.

More great news ! 🍺
Bro, it’s the meds making people feel less depressed, it’s the fact they feel there is hope which makes them less depressed, not the drug.

So does just walking 30-45 minutes a day. I just really wish these people had to prove they’ve already earnestly tried. Like Ozzy’s daughter, she looks like a skeleton now, she went from fat to too skinny, neither is healthy.

It makes people eat less without being hungry all the time, and therefore it’s quickly going to help them lose weight, be healthier and more active. That in turn will make people less “depressed”. So it makes sense.

I understand how it works. But this kind of shit always starts safe and ends with leukemia or something like that.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Because I'm Type 2 Diabetic, my doctor prescribed Mounjaro. I have yet to inject it. The reason she prescribed it is because I have a VERY difficult time dealing with the stomach issues from Metformin, and I wasn't taking my 2x day consistently with Glipizide. That one, too, would occasionally cause problems for me. But I've been reading about the possible side effects of Mounjaro, and they scare the daylights out of me. Pancreatitis? Kidney disease? Extreme stomach or upper body pain? On top of they don't really know the long term effects of using it, based on the articles I've read. I am 5'6 and weigh about 170-175, so I need to also lose some weight and I'm a couch potato when I'm home from work.

Ozempic maker Novo Nordisk facing pressure as study finds $1,000 appetite suppressant can be made for just $5

You mean Big Pharma makes big money?

Shocked Face Wow GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT