ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

I just did 40 pushups - chest to ground and full arm extension. I thought I was going to have a heart attack after it, but thankfully I didn't stop on 39 so I should be okay.
Let me know the next time you do. I'll make sure to taze you before you hit 40.

Don’t have the link but saw on news a girl used a “coupon” from her doctor and got it for 6 months at 25 bucks - lost a bunch of weight + when coupon expired wouldn’t pay the 1300 a month since insurance wouldn’t compensate and gained it all back and a bit more,

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Was that a double post from the same person and 2 accounts? If not that's creepy af.

I 100% have no other account. Not even worried about getting caught doing it as it's not a thing.

I even freaked out when I saw his post. We were obviously both watching FOX at the same time. I posted pretty much right when I saw it and he he/she obviously did as well.

This may be a fluke, but I started drinking green tea with no sweetener about 5 weeks ago. Drinking about 48 oz per day. It seemed to curb my appetite. I’ve lost 5 #’s in that time. I’ve been lifting weights consistently for several months and will continue. Weight lifting is critical to maintain muscle, but you must control food intake to lose fat.

You know the trial lawyers want to make this the next phen-phen. Wyeth paid $21 billion to settle those cases over a decade ago. And so it begins.

Last edited:
40 pushups is outstanding! Are you getting your face to about an inch of the ground on each rep? If not, 40 is still a tremendous accomplishment.
When I went to physical therapy for an on going neck and shoulder problem, my therapist told me to stop using my push up rings and to stop taking my chest to the floor and advised that I just go to a 90 degree break in my arms. He claimed it was just as good. Using the rings was harder than flat hand, because it takes you past your midline, but 90 degrees is just as hard as going to the floor, at least for me. I have taken a break, because of my shoulder, but I like to do 40-50 on my first set. And then, do sets until I do 200. I have dropped it to 100, since my neck and should started acting up again, and do it much less frequently.

If you can do multiple sets of 40, you can do much more than 40. If you max out on your first set, your second set will be much less, assuming you only give yourself about 30 seconds between sets.

Great. Home delivery of a drug that would be unnecessary if fat f***s went for a daily walk.
Exactly what I was going to say. Great now Instacart can deliver them cheeseburgers along with their Ozempic so they never even have to get off the couch period.

You should be taking a 2 mile walk to go pick it up out of principle, discipline and desire to be a healthier you, not finding every goddamn short cut you can.

Challenging yourself is one of the most satisfying things you can do in life.

Exactly what I was going to say. Great now Instacart can deliver them cheeseburgers along with their Ozempic so they never even have to get off the couch period.

You should be taking a 2 mile walk to go pick it up out of principle, discipline and desire to be a healthier you, not finding every goddamn short cut you can.

Challenging yourself is one of the most satisfying things you can do in life.
I was browsing grubhub and a 10 dollar chick fil a combo with tax and tip and fees ends up being like 20 bucks - it’s insane how much money people waste for convenience/laziness.

Reactions: roguemocha
I have been eating 1700-2K calories a day for the past 6-7 months along with a light increase in my daily physical activity (30-45 mins 4/5 days per week on the walking pad, bowling one night a week, taking over grocery shopping for my wife, etc) and am down 65 pounds.

It's all about calories. No need for Ozempic, Keto, Adkins, Weight Watchers, etc.

Calculate your daily calorie usage with a tool like this, recalculate it every month to a month and a half, and make sure to always stay BELOW that number. The more you are below that number, the faster you lose.

Also helps to eat a higher percentage of your calories in protein as opposed to carbs as well, but ultimately just being mindful of your calories is key.

A modicum of discipline and a few sacrifices here and there are all it takes. CICO is not quantum physics, but people make it seem that way because being fat tastes so good.

Reactions: RunninRichie
To be fair, with the current state of our food supply chain, and our government suggested diet... it's not easy. Diet is by far the most difficult part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It's an everyday struggle for me. CICO is a big part but it takes real discipline that is not always available when you've got so many other responsibilities requiring that same discipline(job, family, expenses, taxes, shelter). CICO is also a moving target. The counters are ~20% off, levels of activity, metabolic rate, stress, sleep, uncounted calories. I've maintained, and still feel this way, if the GLP-1s can be a bridge to get you going with diet and exercise, the harm is outweighed by the benefit. If you're taking them without changing the foods you consume and not working out, no beuno.

Props on the success. 1700-2000 calories is hard af and definitely too low(unless you're a female) for extended periods. May want to look into trainer/coach to get you to the next step.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
It is not hard to dial in your daily maintenance and then scale that back by a few hundred calories.

To be fair, with the current state of our food supply chain, and our government suggested diet... it's not easy. Diet is by far the most difficult part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It's an everyday struggle for me. CICO is a big part but it takes real discipline that is not always available when you've got so many other responsibilities requiring that same discipline(job, family, expenses, taxes, shelter). CICO is also a moving target. The counters are ~20% off, levels of activity, metabolic rate, stress, sleep, uncounted calories. I've maintained, and still feel this way, if the GLP-1s can be a bridge to get you going with diet and exercise, the harm is outweighed by the benefit. If you're taking them without changing the foods you consume and not working out, no beuno.

Props on the success. 1700-2000 calories is hard af and definitely too low(unless you're a female) for extended periods. May want to look into trainer/coach to get you to the next step.

I'm a male.

To be honest, it was difficult at first. I do allow myself one "cheat" meal per week where I don't track it and I indulge a little bit. Gives me one night to take a break from obsessing over my daily count.

But at this point, my diet feels normal to me. I have absolutely zero desire to go back to eating the way I was and even increasing my calorie count at this point wouldn't be as easy as it probably sounds.

Using your calculator:

A somewhat active 6', 200lb, 45 year male requires 2600 calories. (55. 5'10, 185 = 2400) The thing with a deficit is you also lose bone and muscle weight. ~30% deficit is a lot to maintain for long periods and would probably negate any muscle growth.

The thing is if you eat actual healthy foods then it’s not hard to keep cals down.

I’m fortunate to be trying to gain weight but it’s hard for me to hit 4000+ cals when I’m trying.

If you’re eating eggs, turkey/chicken, veggies, fruit and Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with PB and fruit for snacks/desserts it’s really hard to hit 4K cals, so if you eat those foods it shouldn’t be hard to stay low cal (under 3K), I assume the desire to not eat garbage is the hardest part.

Honestly just don’t buy bad food so you’re just having to eat something more healthy.

I love ice cream but won’t keep it at the house. It’s much cheaper and I love a deal to have it at the house but if I have to go get it I’m much more likely to eat plain Cheerios with blueberries and PB(sugar free or the powdered kind) and maybe a Tbsp of pure or raw honey with milk instead.

^very hard when you have kids, travel for work, etc.

Treating diet like it's some super easy thing to regulate is nonsense. It's an everyday effort. Takes real commitment. So easy to just order a pizza or swing in CFA and ring up 3000 calories in a meal.

^very hard when you have kids, travel for work, etc.

Treating diet like it's some super easy thing to regulate is nonsense. It's an everyday effort. Takes real commitment. So easy to just order a pizza or swing in CFA and ring up 3000 calories in a meal.
Every morning coming home from work I want to stop and get doughnuts. It was calling me HARD this morning but I made the turn towards home. Try being a 3rd shifter. It's easy if you can not get those doughnuts, go to bed and wake up to almost 14 hours of no eating. Stop and grab a couple cream filled long johns or drink a beer when I get home? I feel like crap all day. This is my battle and has been for about 35 years. Intermittent fasting is THE way to go for someone like me because once you get past the mental hurdle, the pounds fall off.

Totally agree it’s got to be very hard as it takes plenty of time prepping just for myself, not arguing that at all.

I’m saying keeping the calories down isn’t the hard part, the hard part is not saying screw it, this is faster and easier right now with 3 kids in the car, practice, gymnastics, trying to get to the gym yourself etc.

Having to prep and pack for a whole family would be rough.

Using your calculator:

A somewhat active 6', 200lb, 45 year male requires 2600 calories. (55. 5'10, 185 = 2400) The thing with a deficit is you also lose bone and muscle weight. ~30% deficit is a lot to maintain for long periods and would probably negate any muscle growth.

No doubt.

I'm not, at this point, trying to gain muscle. I'm just trying to lose body fat as efficiently as I can in a way that my crazy schedule allows.

Before I started, I was 310 pounds on Metformin for Type 2 diabetes and a statin for out of control cholesterol.

Off both of those now and already feel like a new person.

No doubt.

I'm not, at this point, trying to gain muscle. I'm just trying to lose body fat as efficiently as I can in a way that my crazy schedule allows.

Before I started, I was 310 pounds on Metformin for Type 2 diabetes and a statin for out of control cholesterol.

Off both of those now and already feel like a new person.
Keep after it! I had to be on statins for mine but my numbers are so good right now that when I go back in June I'm sure they'll take me off. I was on a low dose and I was told to half that and I don't have to take it everyday now so it's just a matter of time. I have bad hearts in my family. Started getting those tingling feelings in my neck and arm and knew it was time to get checked out. I've quit smoking cigs and weed and vapes and getting some exercise in. I feel pretty good for being in my 50s. I want to get off these pills though.

@502 Wildcat thats fantastic man! Congrats! The one thing I haven’t (or two) is caffeine and smoking weed. If gummies or tinctures could get you high in 1-2 minutes I would give it up too.

Thanks!

I can’t let go of caffeine either lol.

And frankly, caffeine isn’t really that bad, and allegedly has some benefit, in moderation. I was a 3-4 cup a day coffee guy, but have recently cut back to 1 cup in the morning and 1-2 cups of decaf in the afternoon. It’s progress lol.

Don't. No reason to let go of it. I've fallen in that trap of setting too many difficult goals at once. Caffeine is fine.

Trick to get more out of less.

1. Water OR (credit bonzo) water with hydration stick/lmnt/liquid iv/ re-lyte before your coffee.
2. Wait an hour after waking up.
3. Use 1/2 decaffeinated beans. (Did this for awhile and went back to full strength.)

I just love coffee. So, so much.

Same. I love that time in the morning when the whole world is quiet and it’s just my dog and I listening to nothing outside and hanging out with my coffee.

I have been eating 1700-2K calories a day for the past 6-7 months along with a light increase in my daily physical activity (30-45 mins 4/5 days per week on the walking pad, bowling one night a week, taking over grocery shopping for my wife, etc) and am down 65 pounds.

It's all about calories. No need for Ozempic, Keto, Adkins, Weight Watchers, etc.

Calculate your daily calorie usage with a tool like this, recalculate it every month to a month and a half, and make sure to always stay BELOW that number. The more you are below that number, the faster you lose.

Also helps to eat a higher percentage of your calories in protein as opposed to carbs as well, but ultimately just being mindful of your calories is key.
All those diets are the same thing. They're just getting you to eat less calories than your TDEE. All you have to do to lose weight is slash 500 calories from your TDEE. The hardest part of weight loss is resisting urges to binge. And when people lose the weight, instead of eating in maintance. They go back to their old habits. That's why fat people scream diets dont work. Diet's aren't a one time thing. You have to make it a lifestyle change. America sucks in terms of food. Everything is loaded with calories. That donut? 500 calories. bottle of coke? 300.

Using your calculator:

If you eat protein in the defecit you won't lose muscle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT