ADVERTISEMENT

Morris suspended from kansas

I was overseas on vacation and saw the article on my KU news feed. If there ever becomes enough evidence to charge him, he should be gone. If it is a false accusation, then he shouldn't because it becomes a he said/she said.
Sorry, buddy, but the "it's just a he said/she said" argument don't carry much weight when the guy has a prior history that includes pleading guilty just a couple weeks ago to beating up another woman in Texas. In that situation, people with common sense realize the truth most likely leans toward the "she said" version of events.

Or do you think it just unfair coincidence that this guy keeps getting accused of doing criminally awful things to women wherever he goes?

As a dad also with 2 daughters, I hear you. The rage I believe I would have if anyone did this, or worse, would be unbelievable and I know I would struggle with not taking the "law" into my own hands. It's just not something I think I could manage without ending up in prison myself.
Is justifiable homicide no longer a real thing? A man's not justified in killing his daughter's rapist? I'm a humanitarian myself, so I'd probably settle with castrating the bastard, but if I'm on a jury, I'm not convicting the man who does put the animal down...

Sorry, buddy, but the "it's just a he said/she said" argument don't carry much weight when the guy has a prior history that includes pleading guilty just a couple weeks ago to beating up another woman in Texas. In that situation, people with common sense realize the truth most likely leans toward the "she said" version of events.

Or do you think it just unfair coincidence that this guy keeps getting accused of doing criminally awful things to women wherever he goes?
Very different situations and he didn't plead guilty to "beating up another woman".

Simple question, Will he be in uniform when KU opens the season, YES or NO?
You and I both know this cannot be answered if you are being objective. There is only an allegation with zero public information. If a false allegation he should play. If guilty, he should not.

Personally, I think he should go find a fresh start elsewhere.

Lansing Correctional Facility would be a good place for his fresh start…(the Kansas state prison.)

Excuse me sir, If there's two things Kansas fans know.. it's Helms titles, and the names of all the jails their players wind up in. It's offensive you even thought they weren't fully aware of these facilities by name. Show this fan base some respect!

Now wait just a damned minute....did KU ASSUME his guilt, cause I have seen a lot of Jayhawk fans say "if he is found guilty, they should get rid of him...".

Now wait just a damned minute....did KU ASSUME his guilt, cause I have seen a lot of Jayhawk fans say "if he is found guilty, they should get rid of him...".
Every job will do that, right or wrong. Just saying.
If you get arrested for a major crime, they're not going to keep you on staff.
I know you're being sarcastic, but there are those that argue that point sincerely.

Every job will do that, right or wrong. Just saying.
If you get arrested for a major crime, they're not going to keep you on staff.
I know you're being sarcastic, but there are those that argue that point sincerely.
Not entirely true. But blanket statements rarely are. Lots of entities (KU has done this in the past as well) will suspend pending the outcome of the investigation.

Not entirely true. But blanket statements rarely are. Lots of entities (KU has done this in the past as well) will suspend pending the outcome of the investigation.
Usually without pay, which might as well be fired. Point being, any organization that cares about its reputation, again whether right or wrong, will cut ties quickly.

That’s how every American should see it. He should be suspended pending the outcome. He is innocent until proved guilty. Didn’t they teach us all that in 7th grade civics?

Obv coaches don’t want the PR headache but everyone is guaranteed due process in our bill of rights. (Also taught to 7th graders)

Reactions: RipThru
That’s how every American should see it. He should be suspended pending the outcome. He is innocent until proved guilty. Didn’t they teach us all that in 7th grade civics?

Obv coaches don’t want the PR headache but everyone is guaranteed due process in our bill of rights. (Also taught to 7th graders)
That's the point I was making...

Usually without pay, which might as well be fired. Point being, any organization that cares about its reputation, again whether right or wrong, will cut ties quickly.
And then if acquitted, be sued for wrongful termination.

Yes, Self should’ve kept him until the matter was completed. I think companies and orgs should be required by law to respect due process, but obv they don’t.

And then if acquitted, be sued for wrongful termination.
I can count on one hand how many times I've seen that happen. Also 98% of businesses are AT WILL. You can be fired for any or no reason as long as it's not listed under the protected classes mentioned in law. There have been people fired in this country for wearing the wrong tie to work. Or so they said.

No company with a brain wil come out and say "Well, he's fired for XYZ or he's accused of ABC" they will just fire you. No reason will be given, you will just be dismissed. It would then be on you to PROVE they fired you for being an accused whatever. And good luck with that. You think these large organizations, including Kentucky and KU don't check with their legal staff first? Please.

Last edited:
Reactions: gharding07

Due process has nothing to do with the business interests of a major stakeholder of a multibillion dollar business. Which is what KU and UK and every other major P5 college athletics department are. They can “fire” whoever they want if it hurts the bottom line, “due process” be damned. Their bottom line isn’t beholden to the same standard as a court of law.

I’m sure Mr. Morris is just the victim of “wrong place(s) wrong time” and the courts will work it out. If he doesn’t plead guilty this time and he’s acquitted then justice will have been done. His criminal record will be mostly clean and he can go about his life. No one on this message board will care in three months either way. At least until one of our good KU buddies shows up and posts some dumb sanctimonious shit.

This has zero to do with the criminal justice system and everything to do with the business interests of KU basketball. Although ironically it does support the brand Bill Self has been building, which is the most puzzling part to me.

Maybe they’ll bring him back for Midnight Madness for a funny skit and we can all have a good laugh about it.

Reactions: bbncal02

They typically don’t arrest you for a crime like rape unless they are sure they can get a conviction. I’d like to know what the conviction rate is for felonies in Lawrence. Probably completely different for the general public and KU athletes.

People charged with rape keep raping? Do you have any studies backing the claim? I’d suspect they’re in their best behavior after but I’m not a researcher

They typically don’t arrest you for a crime like rape unless they are sure they can get a conviction. I’d like to know what the conviction rate is for felonies in Lawrence. Probably completely different for the general public and KU athletes.
In all fairness KU athletes commit felonies at a rate exponentially higher than average citizens so it would be an apples to orange jumpsuit thing.

People charged with rape keep raping? Do you have any studies backing the claim? I’d suspect they’re in their best behavior after but I’m not a researcher
"Nevertheless, perpetrators of different types of sex crimes exhibit varying rates of repeat offending. The 15-year recidivism rate is 13 percent for incest perpetrators, 24 percent for rapists, and 35 percent for child molesters of boy victims"

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/misunderstood-crimes/

24% chance they will reoffended. That's lower than it used to be mainly due to stricter parole rules, sex offender registry (which didn't start until 1996), and better monitoring. However, even the DOJ admits its stats are probably askew to do the amount of sex crimes that go unreported.

So to answer your question. Yes, rapists often rape again. Now that doesn't mean they WILL but the chance is decent. The article I linked argues that there's a good chance they won't either. Every person is of course, different. And there's much better therapy options for offenders these days as well.

All that being said, sexual predators don't always practice "best behavior" upon release.

Did he kill anyone after he was charged with it? I highly doubt it
No, but he did freaking rob somebody AND wrote a book basically saying, "I didn't do it, but if I did......" Which If that's not a damn guilty conscience I don't know what is.

Point stands. Your former player will more than likely be in prison. And probably should have been already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT