ADVERTISEMENT

Morris suspended from kansas

This is also his second offence he had issues at Texas where he did something, morris isn’t listed in the report but Kansas doesn’t suspend him if he didn’t do something or have some involvement

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
Another Kansas incident? 😉
No Way Wow GIF

It’s pathetic how high the KU guys that came around here during their overseas tour were on Morris. Just ignored all the red flags.

Do we think Kansas even suspends him for the whole year? I doubt it
This is from the Kansas City Star. Until charges are filed, I doubt Kansas does anything major. I'm surprised he's even suspended since he hasn't been charged.

The case is still open, and Morris hasn't been arrested, nor has a warrant been issued for his arrest. The Douglas County District Attorney's office told The Star on Thursday: "At this time, the case has not been presented to our office for charging consideration".

This is from the Kansas City Star. Until charges are filed, I doubt Kansas does anything major. I'm surprised he's even suspended since he hasn't been charged.

The case is still open, and Morris hasn't been arrested, nor has a warrant been issued for his arrest. The Douglas County District Attorney's office told The Star on Thursday: "At this time, the case has not been presented to our office for charging consideration".
Yeah they will probably suspend his for 2 early games against crap teams

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
What's it take to get kicked off the team at Kansas? Driving a loaded weapon to a teammate to commit murder gets a pass at ArKansas. Rape gets a pass at Kansas.

Par for the course.

Edit- whoops it was Bama not Arkansas. Sorry Musclehead

Last edited:
Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
The president of Kansas University is personally delivering $1,000,000 to the woman this morning —if she withdraws the charges and claims she made it up because she was angry at Morris for refusing to sleep with her.

Meanwhile, Self is watching pick-up games at Leavenworth Prison just in case he needs to add someone late to fill the roster —no English Proficiency test required.

Last edited:
As a Kansas fan it seems pretty unanimous so far that he should be let go from the program. This was a second chance after his Texas “misdemeanor” bullshit. You’d think a smart kid would walk in the straightest line possible after ANY accusation. When it happens more than once it’s no coincidence regardless of what he ends up being charged with. Don’t want him around even if he was going to be a stud on the floor.

I respect you for saying this but I can assure you your belief is far from unanimous. I have among my professional acquaintances a couple Kansas fans and I’m already hearing the same things I heard when Bragg, Jackson, Vick, DeSousa, on and on assaulted women or committed violence —he’s a target because of his profile, he’s a good kid at heart, can’t destroy his life over ‘she said he said’ and so on.

Do you really believe Self could build a program as corrupt and ugly as Kansas without massive support by the fan base?

What was the reaction of the university when Self’s direct actions got Kansas charged by the NCAA with loss of institutional control? A raise and a lifetime contract —to the applause of the fan base.

Morris will slip out of this and he’ll play —with the blessing of the university president. It’s Kansas. No one expects any more from them.
Kinda with you from an institutional standpoint. Sick of it.

I also love how this guy was going to be a huge piece for Kansas as a MCDAA.. while simultaneously not being a big factor now that he's (likely?) going to be removed from the team.

Not a lot of impact depth at either guard spot now. Its Dajuan Harris, Nick TImerblake and Elmarko... None of whom would start for Kentucky right now. I think if you want to be considered the preseason #1, your guards need to look better than that grouping.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I also love how this guy was going to be a huge piece for Kansas as a MCDAA.. while simultaneously not being a big factor now that he's (likely?) going to be removed from the team.

Not a lot of impact depth at either guard spot now. Its Dajuan Harris, Nick TImerblake and Elmarko... None of whom would start for Kentucky right now. I think if you want to be considered the preseason #1, your guards need to look better than that grouping.
You forgot about McCullar. Even without Morris, they are solid at guard.

You forgot about McCullar. Even without Morris, they are solid at guard.

He may be able to play the 2, but I'm pretty sure he's not playing PG unless in a dire circumstance.

And what if we do slide him over into a guard spot. Who is left for the front court? Dickinson, KJ Adams and... ?

That's not to say Kansas is somehow not a top25 team or anything. Just that this roster, which is largely new themselves, doesn't strike me as #1 material now without a top5/6 contributor. Especially when we have to hear how Big Z and Tre Mitchell are essentially "non factors" from beat writers, our freshman have flaws, etc etc etc. People are selling on our roster which basically goes 2-3 deep at every position.

He may be able to play the 2, but I'm pretty sure he's not playing PG unless in a dire circumstance.

And what if we do slide him over into a guard spot. Who is left for the front court? Dickinson, KJ Adams and... ?

That's not to say Kansas is somehow not a top25 team or anything. Just that this roster, which is largely new themselves, doesn't strike me as #1 material now without a top5/6 contributor. Especially when we have to hear how Big Z and Tre Mitchell are essentially "non factors" from beat writers, our freshman have flaws, etc etc etc. People are selling on our roster which basically goes 2-3 deep at every position.

They got the Australian guy, Fruphy or something.

As a Kansas fan it seems pretty unanimous so far that he should be let go from the program. This was a second chance after his Texas “misdemeanor” bullshit. You’d think a smart kid would walk in the straightest line possible after ANY accusation. When it happens more than once it’s no coincidence regardless of what he ends up being charged with. Don’t want him around even if he was going to be a stud on the floor.
Seems like a guy that is going to hurt a lot of people and be in and out of correctional institutions his entire adult life.

These are the type of criminals that need to be dealt with now, but never are. He’s given authorities plenty of reasons to watch him, but they won't, they'll wait until he does it a few more times and possibly kills someone before they do something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT