ADVERTISEMENT

Moreno & Garrison

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
First, I'm always glad when a top recruit comes to UK. However, most big men are not physically ready for college and especially SEC. (Ex - Bradshaw, Big Z .... this list can go on forever!)

What makes this feel different is a coach & player (seemingly) committing to a reasonable timetable for developing and getting to the next level. I have ZERO problem with players leaving early for NBA. Granted, when a player is drafted is largely up to the NBA. However, history tells me it takes (most) big men longer to adjust to college/NBA. I like having two quality big men stacked for next year and with 1-2 grades separating them. This lets the younger player develop physically/mentally at a pace while not hurting the team.

I'm looking forward to future teams having a good balance of veterans and young talent!

We can probably be sure that Pope won't be pushing these guys to the NBA like Cal did. And he's certainly not recruiting them in that way. Who knows how many times in Cal's recruiting visits he would bring this up.

A guy like Moreno would have been 1AD under Cal..

We can probably be sure that Pope won't be pushing these guys to the NBA like Cal did. And he's certainly not recruiting them in that way. Who knows how many times in Cal's recruiting visits he would bring this up.

Start watching at the 2 minute 50 second mark if you want to know what Cals pitch was. Just bringing in kids with a different mindset from the get go will be huge:

1 and done or sit on the bench the following season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT