ADVERTISEMENT

More Welsh weight room video. Making Oscar more fluid.

Oscar is in my top 3 players of all time. I don’t think he can pass my top 2, but the fact that it’s even possible is amazing considering how much I idolized Delk and Sheppard so much.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Oscar is in my top 3 players of all time. I don’t think he can pass my top 2, but the fact that it’s even possible is amazing considering how much I idolized Delk and Sheppard so much.
Mashburn not top 2?

Mashburn not top 2?

I might have said him before in my top two, sometimes it depends on the day. As I sit here, Delk and Sheppard probably mean the most to me. I was really young during Mashburn’s era. But he was a huge figure for kids (not just UK fans) during the early - mid 90’s. Almost a poor man’s Bo Jackson, and I was a huge Mash fan, but in a UK uniform Delk and Sheppard hold a special place for several reasons. Delk was from Brownsville Tennessee, very close to my hometown. I went to his camps and have spoken with him at length many times. He knows my old coaches and we’ve discussed all of this many times. So there’s a closeness. Then his UK career and as a kid in the 90’s beginning my UK journey it’s hard to put anyone over him.

I met Jeff at Rick Pitino father son camp. I began to idolize him to an unhealthy level. My sister got pretty close with Stacy and did some workouts with her back then. Stacy really tried to bring her to UK for basketball, so there’s a childhood / family thing with Jeff - add his UK career as I was a kid pretending to be him in the driveway and….

Love Mash but that’s too much to override.

Reactions: UK-chulo
My top 2 have always been Dampier and Riley. Oscar is right there with them. Win a title, and he moves to #1...

Reactions: GGary and Gromcat
I might have said him before in my top two, sometimes it depends on the day. As I sit here, Delk and Sheppard probably mean the most to me. I was really young during Mashburn’s era. But he was a huge figure for kids (not just UK fans) during the early - mid 90’s. Almost a poor man’s Bo Jackson, and I was a huge Mash fan, but in a UK uniform Delk and Sheppard hold a special place for several reasons. Delk was from Brownsville Tennessee, very close to my hometown. I went to his camps and have spoken with him at length many times. He knows my old coaches and we’ve discussed all of this many times. So there’s a closeness. Then his UK career and as a kid in the 90’s beginning my UK journey it’s hard to put anyone over him.

I met Jeff at Rick Pitino father son camp. I began to idolize him to an unhealthy level. My sister got pretty close with Stacy and did some workouts with her back then. Stacy really tried to bring her to UK for basketball, so there’s a childhood / family thing with Jeff - add his UK career as I was a kid pretending to be him in the driveway and….

Love Mash but that’s too much to override.
Tony Delk befriended my sister n law on social media before she got married …she idolized him and wanted him to be in her wedding and asked him too lol …not only did he oblige he came to her practices …they took many pictures and remain friends to this day .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT