ADVERTISEMENT

More news- La Familia Club

now I'm reading all the Cal sycophant's going after Matt Jones with Cal's announcement he's been working on this for "6 months", them calling out Jones for wanting to bring down Cal.

The only thing Cal was working on 6 months ago was asking Wheeler to stop throwing games.

The truth is closer to Cal has an empty NIL cash register, got embarrassed in the portal because of it and now is trying to save face with this La Familia bullshxx.

Cal will look you in the eye and lie to your face.
I believe he was kicking the tires on it over the last few months.

I think missing on EVERYONE, and Reeves willingness to walk forced our hand.

The "I hate everything Matt Jones does" crew acts like they were always going to break news on this two days ago. But it's an awfully big coincidence. Reeves is trending towards leaving. ALL the UK Media is saying there's a huge problem witih NIL. And POOF! Introducing--La Familia--the future of NIL.

You're telling me anyone believes this wasn't forced to the surface by all the chatter?

I actually think in some ways, Matt has been really good at using his platform to put pressure on the NIL situations. He talked about how Mitch was handicapping football a season or 2 back. Football is doing great on NIL.

He talked about the basketball issues--poof--La Familia Club.

I laugh at the idea of La Familia Club. It sounds like a hotel status. Do you get Platinum or Diamond after investing so much?

Cal no longer puts top-tier players in the NBA. If that continues, he will eventually 'run out of other peoples money.'
UK guys did as good as anyone this yr . I think his rep is still as a coach that has success getting guys into the pros

Reactions: Cats192
Not everyone is hailing this as a good move. When Cal leaves, we are penniless with no institutional fallback for NIL, which could cripple recruiting, bc everything is being funded by “Cal’s people” with no post-Cal-era loyalty to the school. Just one step closer to him burning everything down if forced out while also further insulating himself from being asked to leave like the lifetime contract.

When Cal leaves I think traditional big donors come back on board if stories of Cals falling out are true. Assuming this is the Crafts but have no clue.

Major leap you are taking but that is your opinion.

Cal brags about how his guys will collectively have made almost $4 billion soon.

Might as well put that money where his mouth is and start getting some of these guys to give back to the program.

Between Cal's salary of $9.5 million a year, the UK boosters, the regional NIL money, and the former UK players, Cal should have an easy time finding funds for our players.

He was just cocky and slow on this issue. At least he's saying he'll do something now. We'll just have to wait to see how it looks.

now I'm reading all the Cal sycophant's going after Matt Jones with Cal's announcement he's been working on this for "6 months", them calling out Jones for wanting to bring down Cal.

The only thing Cal was working on 6 months ago was asking Wheeler to stop throwing games.

The truth is closer to Cal has an empty NIL cash register, got embarrassed in the portal because of it and now is trying to save face with this La Familia bullshxx.

Cal will look you in the eye and lie to your face.
What's your sources on this? Maybe its just your opinion?

First Cal doesn't have any nil, so I guess you're right in your own way on this one. Kentucky won't permit collectives, so there's legal hoops to jump through. Next you have to line up the cash givers and all legalities taken care of. This doesn't just happen overnight like you're suggesting.

If Cal was ahead of the curve, which Cal enthusiasts imply after news of La Familia NIL, one would have to assume it would have prevented all the recruiting blunders this summer

What's your sources on this? Maybe its just your opinion?

First Cal doesn't have any nil, so I guess you're right in your own way on this one. Kentucky won't permit collectives, so there's legal hoops to jump through. Next you have to line up the cash givers and all legalities taken care of. This doesn't just happen overnight like you're suggesting.
my source is UK whiffed on the transfer portal.

so basically Anthony davis or booker can now help us reel kids in. This is actually genius. I've thought that this would be the perfect way for Cal to use NIL but I just assumed it wasn't legal. No one else seems to be utilizing it. Good on Cal for this. I bet they crack down on NBA players participating but until they do, lets get it.
Now watch the ncaa after years of inaction try to squelch this after teams complain about UK!

Reactions: Rockfly78
I believe he was kicking the tires on it over the last few months.

I think missing on EVERYONE, and Reeves willingness to walk forced our hand.

The "I hate everything Matt Jones does" crew acts like they were always going to break news on this two days ago. But it's an awfully big coincidence. Reeves is trending towards leaving. ALL the UK Media is saying there's a huge problem witih NIL. And POOF! Introducing--La Familia--the future of NIL.

You're telling me anyone believes this wasn't forced to the surface by all the chatter?

I actually think in some ways, Matt has been really good at using his platform to put pressure on the NIL situations. He talked about how Mitch was handicapping football a season or 2 back. Football is doing great on NIL.

He talked about the basketball issues--poof--La Familia Club.

I laugh at the idea of La Familia Club. It sounds like a hotel status. Do you get Platinum or Diamond after investing so much?
Sounds more like mob ties

Off season Cal is back and swaggy as ever. I’m sure boosters are rushing to the door to give to his new vision

He’s a genius, even if results don’t follow

He can’t shoot for them!

• Haha
Reactions: awf and JerseyCat84
Cal has created a non-pay for play collective that will be labeled La Familia. It will bring together prominent boosters and former players to raise money for the basketball program.

More will come out about this soon but this is huge news.
italian GIF

Not true. There not even one booster calling for Cal’s exit.

Not even one.

The CHC is emotion based. Not fact based.
This is true. I don’t know of anyone calling for Cal to leave. In fact, the bigger concern seems to be the negativity of the fan base for most and the issues it causes trying to lure recruits and transfers. I get this is circular, just giving my opinion based on what I see.

This is true. I don’t know of anyone calling for Cal to leave. In fact, the bigger concern seems to be the negativity of the fan base for most and the issues it causes trying to lure recruits and transfers. I get this is circular, just giving my opinion based on what I see.
One booster right here who has been calling for him to be fired since 2017. Many more like me.

I don't think you know enough people then

Cal brags about how his guys will collectively have made almost $4 billion soon.

Might as well put that money where his mouth is and start getting some of these guys to give back to the program.

Between Cal's salary of $9.5 million a year, the UK boosters, the regional NIL money, and the former UK players, Cal should have an easy time finding funds for our players.

He was just cocky and slow on this issue. At least he's saying he'll do something now. We'll just have to wait to see how it looks.
In 13 years their contracts have totaled over 3.5 billion. this year alone, the players currently in the NBA will make over $330 Million combined. I think that's a pretty decent resource to tap.

Slow on the issue with everything. NIL, Recruiting the portal and players. Reach’s out late as if that means anything to kids these days. They want to meet Cal but that’s about it.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

I guess anyone can call themselves a booster? But the boosters that actually could make a difference are 100% behind Cal.

And the fan base is not negative. The fans at a few websites are negative. Especially this one. B ut it's really a small number here too. They just post a lot.

In the past year and a half I've been to Tampa, The Bahamas, London, NY and Nashville with the Cats. I didn't see any negativity from our fans at any of those places. In fact, quite the opposite.

If you want negativity then you are in the right place at RR.

Kaluma, Dickinson, Johnson, and Spencer all heard Calipari's pitch, and none of them were okay with the idea of playing behind freshmen; and yet that's exactly the pitch that Calipari delivered to them: "I can't promise that you'll start."

Well, he promised the freshmen that they'd start. So the veterans are thinking what DeAndre Liggins was thinking over a decade ago when he opted for the NBA over returning for a senior year: Cal's going to play his freshmen ove
Either give evidence he promised them to start or shut up

Reactions: awf and Ky-troutbum
This is typical nonsense from a Cal hater. I have some news for you. The coach is nit giing to
Typical negative speculation from a Cal hater. The idea that Cal would do anything to "burn everything down" is just ludicrous. The man is too concerned about his legacy to do that. Furthermore the idea that this new initiative could cripple recruiting is ridiculous speculation. Your post is just an attempt to keep from giving Cal credit for this great move.
Typical Cal nut hugger nonsense. A few more 9-16 seasons and he won’t have a choice to stay NIL collaborate or not.

Typical Cal nut hugger nonsense. A few more 9-16 seasons and he won’t have a choice to stay NIL collaborate or not.
Heck not just 9-16 season but getting beat in the 1st round by the Peacocks and then getting knocked out in the 2nd round. So not even making it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament… Not UK standards either…

Reactions: bigbluedon
Pilgrim said it has already raised double the next closest CBB collective
If that's the case one would assume UK can give Reeves a fair offer, especially with Oscar gone and not getting millions and millions.

Either give evidence he promised them to start or shut up
Nah, I don't think I will.

You ever heard of inference, Mr. Phildin?

Why do you think ALL of our juniors and seniors cleared out? Because they believe Calipari will give them a fair shake when compared to the freshmen?

You're smart enough to figure that one out.

regis-philbin-point.gif

Nah, I don't think I will.

You ever heard of inference, Mr. Phildin?

Why do you think ALL of our juniors and seniors cleared out? Because they believe Calipari will give them a fair shake when compared to the freshmen?

You're smart enough to figure that one out.

regis-philbin-point.gif
🔥

I guess anyone can call themselves a booster? But the boosters that actually could make a difference are 100% behind Cal.

And the fan base is not negative. The fans at a few websites are negative. Especially this one. B ut it's really a small number here too. They just post a lot.

In the past year and a half I've been to Tampa, The Bahamas, London, NY and Nashville with the Cats. I didn't see any negativity from our fans at any of those places. In fact, quite the opposite.

If you want negativity then you are in the right place at RR.
That could be the most disconnected statement you have made, and you have made some really bad statements in your past.
You hope we have another 9-16 season. I don't believe that will happen.
Who said I hope bad things like the embarrassments Cal has brought such as 9-16 for a program I love? Don’t twist my words like a 2 year old.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT