ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Series

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
Basketball loss stings, hopefully the bat cats can help to ease our pain. Huge game tonight - if we win the opener, our chances of winning the series are high with our two aces following on Saturday and Sunday. Road games are hard, so I hope that we're ready.

I'm so down in the dumps today. Maybe baseball can cure some of that. Should beat the snot out of the worst team in the league.

Reactions: backinky2018
The UK athletics preview says tonight’s starter is TBA. Wonder if they are making the switch to someone other than Smith tonight

The UK athletics preview says tonight’s starter is TBA. Wonder if they are making the switch to someone other than Smith tonight

Interesting. If they are going to do this, the only thing that makes sense (to me anyway) would be to move Niman up a day. Moore threw 6 innings and 90 pitches just 4 days ago. That is a quick turnaround to send him back out for a Friday. So, it would make more sense to move Niman up. Or you could try to get away with sending Moore out on a short stint and do kind of a bit more of an all staff type day.

Win
Solid lineup
No injury news on Smith?

Don't think he's necessarily hurt. Think they likely want to move him off Friday. So, they will pitch him either tomorrow or Sunday and Moore or Niman wont throw this weekend. One of them will get a longer break and will start next Friday. Coaches probably feel this is the safest weekend to make that move and don't have to risk Moore/Niman going on short rest.

Niman listed as today’s starter and Moore listed for tomorrow. After the way Pooser pitched last night I think the most likely scenario is Smith has been demoted in favor of Pooser,.

Don't think he's necessarily hurt. Think they likely want to move him off Friday. So, they will pitch him either tomorrow or Sunday and Moore or Niman wont throw this weekend. One of them will get a longer break and will start next Friday. Coaches probably feel this is the safest weekend to make that move and don't have to risk Moore/Niman going on short rest.
Smith is out for a week for health reasons. Nothing major. Should be back at Ole Miss.

Gritty win for the cats on Friday. Frustrating to give up the lead on two wild pitches after Pooser dominated the Mizzou lineup all night, but great response thereafter.

Really important to win this series, and preferably with a sweep. Keep it going cats

Reactions: K86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT