ADVERTISEMENT

Milt Wagner Hired At UL!

Lol. Cal is so done.
I do think Cal is missing out by not hiring people like this because he’s having trouble getting the top recruits. Why not just hire somebody. He could’ve also hired milt. But no. I feel like things just keep spiraling out of control

Reactions: Fox2monk
It was a mailbag Q&A article. He was asked how long he thinks Cal stays, and said 2 more years, then takes his $1M/yr ambassador job. Then, another question:

Calipari will not be an ambassador at UK. The buyout for that is nothing, no way UK rolls with that at this point. Calipari will settle a buyout within 12-24 months and his ambassador position will be bought out. The brass at UK is not happy at all with what has happened, Calipari screwed over a lot of people by pulling the stunts he’s pulled.

Kentucky needs to be careful. I’ve said it for years but everyone here bought into his great guy routine. Calipari is a terrible guy, he loves leaving programs high and dry. Makes him feel vindicated. He will do the same to UK. I imagine right about now he’s actually steering Wagner to UL if he doesn’t plan on being here. He’s that much a pos yes.

I’ve been saying for months that Cal wasn’t getting Wagner, now it’s all but a forgone conclusion.

If something doesn’t materialize for Cal to the NBA this off-season, then next season is his last at UK. Deuces✌🏻
Yep. I think it's increasingly clear this is nearing the end. If it doesn't happen this summer, then next season will be his last.

If something doesn’t materialize for Cal to the NBA this off-season, then next season is his last at UK. Deuces✌🏻
Why would the NBA want him?

He failed badly in his prior NBA stint with the Nets. He’s no longer considered a hot commodity. And the thing he’s known for doing best (recruiting) doesn’t apply at that level.

Folks hoping the NBA will hire him away are barking up the wrong tree. They’re no longer showing any interest in him the way they did a decade ago …and it’s hard to see any reason why they should.

What is this.. gonna be the 5th or 6th time we lost a recruit due to the blatant obvious family-hiring?

This sport really is more corrupt than any out there. I know there isn't much you can do to combat this.. but damn, it's so obvious what UofL is doing.
So why don't we do something about it, instead of the annual sob fest? Payne is playing within the rules and once again Cal is too good for that type of approach.

If we lose DJ and it costs us Cal then it's worth it. Barney has effed up a hire once more. Why doesn't the board just put Barney out to pasture too.

Hire a guy who believes the coach at UK should be concerned about winning games at UK. Not ending generational poverty, not community organizing, not virtue signaling, not draft night. Putting our team in the best position to win games. Period. Dot. End of sentence. Mic drop.

Why would the NBA want him?

He failed badly in his prior NBA stint with the Nets. He’s no longer considered a hot commodity. And the thing he’s known for doing best (recruiting) doesn’t apply at that level.

Folks hoping the NBA will hire him away are barking up the wrong tree. They’re no longer showing any interest in him the way they did a decade ago …and it’s hard to see any reason why they should.
He has two paths ahead of him.

1. Be a colossal penis and milk his contract while achieving subpar results
2. Leave

If he doesn't light it up in 2023 he has to be thinking about where he'll land, unless he's just a pure, unadulterated prick.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
If we lose DJ and it costs us Cal then it's worth it. Barney has effed up a hire once more. Why doesn't the board just put Barney out to pasture too.

Hire a guy who believes the coach at UK should be concerned about winning games at UK. Not ending generational poverty, not community organizing, not virtue signaling, not draft night. Putting our team in the best position to win games. Period. Dot. End of sentence. Mic drop.
You can't fire Mitch! Look at the women's lacrosse team!

Calipari will not be an ambassador at UK. The buyout for that is nothing, no way UK rolls with that at this point. Calipari will settle a buyout within 12-24 months and his ambassador position will be bought out. The brass at UK is not happy at all with what has happened, Calipari screwed over a lot of people by pulling the stunts he’s pulled.

Kentucky needs to be careful. I’ve said it for years but everyone here bought into his great guy routine. Calipari is a terrible guy, he loves leaving programs high and dry. Makes him feel vindicated. He will do the same to UK. I imagine right about now he’s actually steering Wagner to UL if he doesn’t plan on being here. He’s that much a pos yes.
Cals reputation is cooked. He needs to go to the nba and have success or the guy will have one of the worst reputations in cbb history. Vacated ffs at two different schools and breaking an un breakable program.

KeJrvqY.jpg

Ul with 2 pending NCAA sanction for blatant cheating and now trying to circumvent the rules on hiring family members.
Cmon. The NCAA won’t allow this. So obvious.
I wouldn’t want UK to try this type of recruiting.
Distasteful and desperate. UK’s dominance over u6 forces them to take illegal actions.
Hope the NCAA sees through this ruse gets angry and issues a statement this won’t fly and deals u6 a heavy probation.

so everybody here says dj wagner is now committed to play for u6. because his grandfather is in a fake job title at u6. wow. i hope the kid knows he has no choice but to play there. everyones getting all riled up over something that hasnt happened. just assuming it will. doesnt take much for people to jump off a bridge.
Man, if I had a nickel for every time someone said “everyone’s getting riled up over something that hasn’t happened yet” over the last few years….

Well, I’d have about 25¢….

But still, it’s ok to be a little frustrated by these things at this point.

Cals reputation is cooked. He needs to go to the nba and have success or the guy will have one of the worst reputations in cbb history. Vacated ffs at two different schools and breaking an un breakable program.

To me, and like I’ve said I was a student at UM during his run there, Calipari is dangerous for programs. If he ever decides to have it out with a university it doesn’t end well for either party. But since all Calipari really cares about is money, he’s not at all worried about his reputation as far as that goes.

I’ve always thought of Calipari as the Drew Peterson (Chicago cop that killed his wives) of college basketball coaches. Charismatic, can land a better catch after ruining the previous one every time, and none of the marriages end well.

And before someone “yOu cOmPaReD cOw tO a kIlLeR!!!!! Not really. Cal isn’t a human killer, he’s a program killer. That’s the comparison I’m making.

Calipari wants everyone to look back and think how much better off they were with him than without him. And he’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen. He lives to feel slighted. Kentucky needs to be very careful how they move on him.

One more thing, as much as I hate Memphis basketball, they took a risk on Calipari. No one would hire him and Memphis took him on. And look how he repaid the favor, by having the accomplishments stripped, using Memphis cash to recruit a class to take to another job, and slamming them behind the scenes to the point where they really haven’t recovered. There are some wild rumors from the Memphis side that really show the kind of person he is.

Last edited:
Ul with 2 pending NCAA sanction for blatant cheating and now trying to circumvent the rules on hiring family members.
Cmon. The NCAA won’t allow this. So obvious.
I wouldn’t want UK to try this type of recruiting.
Distasteful and desperate. UK’s dominance over u6 forces them to take illegal actions.
Hope the NCAA sees through this ruse gets angry and issues a statement this won’t fly and deals u6 a heavy probation.
And if the NCAA doesnt................

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT