ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State 🙏

Matt, I don’t have a problem engaging anyone here. You have posted about 30 opinions and when I dared ask you a question, you start calling names and getting triggered. Get over yourself.
Did you not just ask me to stop responding to you? That seems like you have a bit of a problem. If your question was genuine then I overreacted and that's on me but in our past conversations, I haven't felt a desire from you to have genuine dialogue so that's all I can really go off of.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Are you talking about a different thread? No one has brought up the sexuality of parents besides you in this thread. You responded to me saying you didn’t want to hear a “rant” about the nuclear family, which most people would understand means dual parent households in this context.
When you first brought up the breakdown of the nuclear family, we were discussing people's sexuality and how you view being trans as a mental illness. It doesn't take much to see how you can connect the two

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
When you first brought up the breakdown of the nuclear family, we were discussing people's sexuality and how you view being trans as a mental illness. It doesn't take much to see how you can connect the two

No, we weren’t discussing anything. I was talking about mental illness and you brought up homosexuality and minorities which I immediately told you we weren’t talking about.

No, we weren’t discussing anything. I was talking about mental illness and you brought up homosexuality and minorities which I immediately told you we weren’t talking about.
We were way past talking about minorities when you first brought up the nuclear family argument. We had gotten to the point where I said that someone else was struggling in making the case how someone can relate defining a woman to gun violence, then you called me a dunce, and that was when you had first talked about the nuclear family. When I was discussing the nuclear family argument, I decided to focus on how same sex couples perform just as well as straight ones so the nuclear family theory in that regard doesn't apply. You decided to focus on how single family households produce children that are more likely to commit crimes, our wires got crossed and we weren't talking about the same issues. I understand the confusion on both sides since we're probably both talking to several people at once and the discussion is always changing.

This thread is a snapshot of why the issues won't get solved. There are viable albeit long term solutions and there are political motives. Those with political motives hijack any discussion about solutions.

I also didn't think of gay parents as any sort of negative, as it pertains to being a "broken household". I think most everyone here was referencing households with only 1 parent, or households with absentee/not-present parents.

And that goes hand in hand with 80% of these shootings being in poor and crime riddled areas. Because these are areas with an abundance of the broken families above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT