ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer picks Memphis for Wiseman in Crystal Ball

Apr 6, 2018
WOW....so much for the positive vibes from Wiseman towards UK. I know I know, its not set in stone, but the timing is surprising.

As we have seen, unless the decision is within days the Crystal Ball is useless. Sorry to all the experts out there, but your educated guess is not something we really need months out of a recruits decision.

Reactions: caneintally
LOL at anyone paying this a lick of attention. I mean could Wiseman shock the world ? Sure but the chances are very slim. Like very slim. Wiseman is as close to a UK lock as you could imagine and every thing he has ever said and his mom has said point to this. also the crystal ball is by far the dumbest thing ever invented in recruiting . It doesn't matter one iota BUT even if you were going to act like it matters it wouldn't til about 24 hours before the kid is going to commit.

KSR just posted comments from Wisemans mother and they didn't sound like Memphis and Penny was the favorite necessarily. IMO it was quite the opposite.

I always felt that he usually has a pretty good read on these kids but hope I'm wrong.

LOL at anyone paying this a lick of attention. I mean could Wiseman shock the world ? Sure but the chances are very slim. Like very slim. Wiseman is as close to a UK lock as you could imagine and every thing he has ever said and his mom has said point to this. also the crystal ball is by far the dumbest thing ever invented in recruiting . It doesn't matter one iota BUT even if you were going to act like it matters it wouldn't til about 24 hours before the kid is going to commit.
I like your post because you have that positive thing going on but you have to quit saying these recruits are locks, it seems to be the kiss of death lately. Stay positive though.

Penny isn't going away, and this thing is far from over.

You guys have seen this movie before and you should know that crazy shit happens when it comes to recruiting.

hahaha, you all do understand they're right more than they're wrong. Don't you? And "HoldMyBeer" what's your beef?

You’re right. And while I’d certainly PREFER them to pick UK — there HAVE been instances (Knox, Zion, Montgomery, Gabriel, Murray) where its been wrong. But, you’re right — don’t love the Memphis pick right after Cals visit.

WOW....so much for the positive vibes from Wiseman towards UK. I know I know, its not set in stone, but the timing is surprising.
Grain of salt. He had Garland going to IU per his 'sources', as it got closer to the announcement date others were switching their picks to Vandy, he stated he was still hearing IU. The day before the announcement he switched his pick to Vandy. He knows nothing.

My favorite Jerry Meyer fail is when he himself picked Fox to Texas and Fox never even included Texas in his final five. I suppose Wiseman could wind up at Memphis but it’s not because of Meyer’s pick.

I thought I just read where Wiseman has a strong connection with Cal. I think these sites are flipping coins before they posts. Might as well be for all the accuracy they provide this early.

You guys have seen this movie before and you should know that crazy shit happens when it comes to recruiting.

Penny recruited Wiseman from Nashville Ensworth to play at Memphis East. Google those two schools and the extreme differences between them. It will tell you all you need to know about the recruiting capabilities of Penny.

Remember you said the same thing about zion williumson lol.

I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Memphis. Kind of hard turning down someone you see everyday for a few years.

Especially when that someone has actually played in the NBA, has one of the most skilled big men on his coaching staff (Mike Miller) to hone

You are absolutely correct - Penny isn't going away. Here is what he has accomplished in 4 weeks on the job:

1. Signed Alex Lomax his PG from East. Also signed Tyler Harris a scoring PG from Cordova high school. Both are 4 star recruits that everyone around town, experts, and Tubby said wouldn't play together. Neither player gave Tubby the time of day.
2. Signed the (depending on recruiting service) the # 25 - #30 recruiting class for 2018. Tubby never broke the Top 50 in 2 years.
3. FedEx Forum is nearly sold out for ticket sales for the upcoming year. Tubby drew 5,000 last year.
4. Penny and staff have been recruiting like fiends since day 1. Tubby took a 2 week vacation after being announced.

Reactions: stenchymouse

Just like your guarantee that Newman, Zimmerman, Jaylen Brown, and about 10 other guys who didn’t pick UK were “locks” to come here????

Especially when that someone has actually played in the NBA, has one of the most skilled big men on his coaching staff (Mike Miller) to hone

You are absolutely correct - Penny isn't going away. Here is what he has accomplished in 4 weeks on the job:

1. Signed Alex Lomax his PG from East. Also signed Tyler Harris a scoring PG from Cordova high school. Both are 4 star recruits that everyone around town, experts, and Tubby said wouldn't play together. Neither player gave Tubby the time of day.
2. Signed the (depending on recruiting service) the # 25 - #30 recruiting class for 2018. Tubby never broke the Top 50 in 2 years.
3. FedEx Forum is nearly sold out for ticket sales for the upcoming year. Tubby drew 5,000 last year.
4. Penny and staff have been recruiting like fiends since day 1. Tubby took a 2 week vacation after being announced.

Y'all read this shit right here and keep in it your brain next time we're in all a thread arguing about why we've only been to five final fours and won one title or are only bringing in the second best class in the country.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT