ADVERTISEMENT

Memorandum of Understanding

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
Are we sure Cal signed the MOU for that contract extension?

I’m saying it’s worth double checking!

I always thought Cal would leave on his own terms, but I’m not so sure anymore. The buyout is very high, but I think his legal team and UK work out a settlement.

It will still be high because of the contract. But, I don’t think he’ll want to stick around after March.

Maybe it was lost in Tubby’s fax machine
Yes! If MOU is not filed in a vault, they need to kick it back under the ole fax machine next to Morris’ commitment.

Seriously, I’ve never been a Cal hater or part of the “fire Cal” crowd. I’ve kind of thought of him like the “crazy uncle.”

I always thought he would leave on his own timing, but I now think that’s a slim chance. He’ll have to go on a deep run. (Which he’s done before.)

There will be a 3-4 week stand-off between Mitch and Cal after the season. First, I don’t think Cal will won’t to return. The fans will be screaming for him to leave, and the media will be all over the story. BUT, he has all the leverage and no reason to rush a decision.

Both sides will reach an agreement in late spring/early summer. It will decimate next year’s team. Transfer portal will work to our advantage over the summer. New coach will load up with upper classmen, and maybe 1-2 recruits stick with us.

Sadly, there’s not one single coach that excites me.

Tubby always said it was better to leave before they want you to leave than after they want you to leave. Pitino lost me when he took UL job, but UK fans were sad to see him leave. Cal would have been another UK hero if he took the UCLA job. He stayed too long, wanted to get another couple great years after Covid year so people didn’t remember him for that year. Sadly, a bad year just led to several years of mediocrity.

I’m not mad at Cal! I’m sad for the fans, my team that provided several years of optimism and excitement. Yeah. I’m a little sad for Cal too. It was a great 7-8 year run. We may be a 10 yr job.

I enjoy UK sports and try to be more logical than emotional. However, today I’m just sad.

Feeling blue for the Big Blue!

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT