ADVERTISEMENT

Jones on KSR today: confirms report that Arkansas is willing to double whatever UK offers recruits

Looks to me like that strategy is much likes Cal's coaching, sounds good but it don't work!!
tenor.gif

LOL.

Salty? Ok. Nope, I've never been to Fayetteville. I don't know of anyone who isn't a fan of the University of Arkansas (or maybe being forced to go there to support a team playing AGAINST Arkansas) who HAS been to Fayetteville. Who goes to Fayetteville on purpose? Well, the only people who go to Fayetteville MUST go there on purpose, because you certainly wouldn't go there otherwise. I grew up in West Tennessee and went to school in Ft Worth, TX back in the late 90s and I drove back and forth through Arkansas for 2.5 years and I never even came close to going to Fayetteville on those trips. I went through Little Rock about a dozen times but never got within 150 miles of Fayetteville. The closest I ever came to being in Fayetteville was one time when I went to the Passion Play at Eureka Springs, AR, and even then I didn't know how close we were to Fayetteville, or anything else in Arkansas since it was in the middle of nowhere. Someone said we were about 45 miles from Fayetteville sometime later. I had no idea. I know it has a population under 100,000 people and is the home of the University of Arkansas. That's about it. Maybe you could educate me so I don't sound so salty. :D
What is your connection with UK?

What is your connection with UK?
Yeah, that's a fair question. I grew up in West Tennessee in the 1970s and 1980s and watched college basketball on our local NBC station, which was channel 6 out of Paducah, KY. So, my first team to fall in love with was the 1978 Wildcats. I was only 6 at the time, but my dad would love those games and always got into it. It left an impression on me. And following that team, I remember even better Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Dirk Minniefield, Dickie Beal, Melvin Turpin, Sam Bowie, Hord and Hurt, Kenny "Sky" Walker, and on. It's funny. In those days, my dad loved UK because he worked with a bunch of UK and UT fans at Goodyear in Union City. They talked about it all the time at the tire plant. But later, dad changed his allegiance from UK to UT. I think that happened when UK went on probation in the late 80s under Eddie Sutton. He didn't think he could defend it, so he switched sides. I never did. And when Pitino revived the program, I became an even stronger fan. Any thoughts of joining dad rooting for Tennessee were sealed in the 90s under Pitino.

Yeah, that's a fair question. I grew up in West Tennessee in the 1970s and 1980s and watched college basketball on our local NBC station, which was channel 6 out of Paducah, KY. So, my first team to fall in love with was the 1978 Wildcats. I was only 6 at the time, but my dad would love those games and always got into it. It left an impression on me. And following that team, I remember even better Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Dirk Minniefield, Dickie Beal, Melvin Turpin, Sam Bowie, Hord and Hurt, Kenny "Sky" Walker, and on. It's funny. In those days, my dad loved UK because he worked with a bunch of UK and UT fans at Goodyear in Union City. They talked about it all the time at the tire plant. But later, dad changed his allegiance from UK to UT. I think that happened when UK went on probation in the late 80s under Eddie Sutton. He didn't think he could defend it, so he switched sides. I never did. And when Pitino revived the program, I became an even stronger fan. Any thoughts of joining dad rooting for Tennessee were sealed in the 90s under Pitino.
So NW Tennessee I guess to pick up a Paducah station 😎.. You probably got those other stations out of Harrisburg and Cape G.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Cannot believe more people do not understand NONE of those reports had an ounce of truth. It’s been so annoying watching Matt Jones using this situation to drive traffic. He’s well aware that idea is totally ridiculous yet he jumped on it. I wish he’d have more respect for people and his position.

Jerry Jones and the Waltons DO NOT GIVE to that university, hardly at all. They’ve wanted them to for years and they don’t. Tyson is better when it comes to that but if he was going to do anything close to what’s been rumored it would be football and they cannot even get the ball off the ground recruiting football.

This has given a nothing institution like Arkansas a head trip and it just needs to stop. Calipari didn’t want to be there but had no choice, that’s the truth. Arkansas doesn’t even have a booster as wealthy who also contributes in extreme ways like crafts. It’s the handlers and agents trying to create a market by using lies and it was always going to take time for that to settle. Arkansas cannot outbid UK and UK has a brand they DREAM of.

Rich men will never sit around and waste tons of money on basketball recruits year after year. Were lucky we have what we have because most programs don’t have the brand plus the fan / booster money we do.

Calipari will still get recruits because he’s a top 3 recruiter all time. It’s nothing more than that but we need to stop with the nonsense it’s just stupid.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Cannot believe more people do not understand NONE of those reports had an ounce of truth. It’s been so annoying watching Matt Jones using this situation to drive traffic. He’s well aware that idea is totally ridiculous yet he jumped on it. I wish he’d have more respect for people and his position.

Jerry Jones and the Waltons DO NOT GIVE to that university, hardly at all. They’ve wanted them to for years and they don’t. Tyson is better when it comes to that but if he was going to do anything close to what’s been rumored it would be football and they cannot even get the ball off the ground recruiting football.

This has given a nothing institution like Arkansas a head trip and it just needs to stop. Calipari didn’t want to be there but had no choice, that’s the truth. Arkansas doesn’t even have a booster as wealthy who also contributes in extreme ways like crafts. It’s the handlers and agents trying to create a market by using lies and it was always going to take time for that to settle. Arkansas cannot outbid UK and UK has a brand they DREAM of.

Rich men will never sit around and waste tons of money on basketball recruits year after year. Were lucky we have what we have because most programs don’t have the brand plus the fan / booster money we do.

Calipari will still get recruits because he’s a top 3 recruiter all time. It’s nothing more than that but we need to stop with the nonsense it’s just stupid.
Yep... Unless Garrison signed with us for half the money. LOL.

Reactions: UKBloke
So NW Tennessee I guess to pick up a Paducah station 😎.. You probably got those other stations out of Harrisburg and Cape G.
Yes, it was Northwest Tennessee- Union City, TN area- a little town called Rives, TN, about 10 miles south of the Kentucky state line. We got KFVS 12 out of Cape Girardeau. Our ABC station was out of Jackson, TN. It's funny, here in southern IL, which is only 2 hours north of home for me, I still get NBC out of Paducah (WPSD 6) and CBS out of Cape (KFVS 12). Our ABC is local, out of Carterville, channel 3 WSIL.

Yes, it was Northwest Tennessee- Union City, TN area- a little town called Rives, TN, about 10 miles south of the Kentucky state line. We got KFVS 12 out of Cape Girardeau. Our ABC station was out of Jackson, TN. It's funny, here in southern IL, which is only 2 hours north of home for me, I still get NBC out of Paducah (WPSD 6) and CBS out of Cape (KFVS 12). Our ABC is local, out of Carterville, channel 3 WSIL.
Got it. That ABC in Jackson must have been WBBJ channel 7. 200 miles between Nashville and Memphis, people there had to watch something

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT