ADVERTISEMENT

Jones on KSR today: confirms report that Arkansas is willing to double whatever UK offers recruits

Imafan4evr_

Junior
Jul 31, 2004
It blows my mind the level of pettiness from Cal toward a program that didn’t do anything to him except overpay his worth for the last several years. Also seems like a foolish use of money by Arkansas donors, but it’s theirs to light on fire. Enjoy the mercenaries, I suppose. I’m sure they’ll play hard and for the greater good of the team…

I'm so glad the Cal era is over. The "Players First" approach is sickening to me.

That said, UK does have to figure out how to play the game at the highest level. We better find serious dollars if we expect to compete. Sad but true.

Too bad the bourbon industry can't fund it.

No smart business person is willing to blindly double anything. Arkansas would never lose a recruit and they’ve lost several so far. Also Arkansas football wouldn’t be ass year after year with recruiting classes generally ranked lower than UK’s.

I’m gonna apply common sense here and ignore the tough talk.

UK isn’t going to get into a battle for johnell Davis and one other guy, because cal wants to use the money Arkansas has and double UKs offer and use the recruitng win in the PR world to show he is better than Uk. So it’s looking like Davis isn’t gonna happen. Also osobor is gonna take longer

I am sure that will go over well for team chemistry when a few recruits are making millions because of this and then the rest are making a couple hundred grand. I realize that happens, to a lesser degree, on most teams, but this would be a unique situation. They would need to essentially double every player's NIL just to make it sustainable.

UK isn’t going to get into a battle for johnell Davis and one other guy, because cal wants to use the money Arkansas has and double UKs offer and use the recruitng win in the PR world to show he is better than Uk. So it’s looking like Davis isn’t gonna happen. Also osobor is gonna take longer
Man this will kill us with the best portal guys.Cal is such a POS.

• Haha
Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
Nobody here using common sense. They may over pay for a few guys but it will end quickly, nobody with a substantial amount of money is going to spend 10-20 million on a college basketball roster just so the one in Lexington doesn't have exactly the players they wanted. And even if it was somewhat true and it happens for a few guys it will quickly end once the results on the court aren't what they wanted.

A bullshit report that anyone with a brain could see through in ten seconds.

First, even if Arkansas had a billion dollars in NIL they can only sign 13 players -- and that includes by the time all is worked through probably half a dozen Cal had made commitments to at Kentucky and a couple recruits. So, they don't even have room to block more than a couple potential recruits to Kentucky, even if they had unlimited resources.

Second, the two programs aren't even going in the same direction or after many of the same players. Why would Arkansas just sign anyone Kentucky was after -- to DOUBLE THE NIL -- just to keep that player out of Lexington? Very quickly, Arkansas would be out of scholarships.

Third, Why is there now all this mythical money in Arkansas? Why didn't they sign all the top recruits last year? Suddenly, after paying an enormous amount to add Calipari the program has all this surplus money that was never there before?

This is propaganda being put out by people in Arkansas that a nitwit like Matt Jones either believes or is willing to repeat to keep people going to his site.

Last edited:
Is Cal reaching out to Osobor now??

No smart business person is willing to blindly double anything. Arkansas would never lose a recruit and they’ve lost several so far. Also Arkansas football wouldn’t be ass year after year with recruiting classes generally ranked lower than UK’s.

I’m gonna apply common sense here and ignore the tough talk.
Who knows if they'll actually try to do it, but we can be certain it is what they are saying. National guys have confirmed it.
I do think you're correct. I think it's just so much tough talk. That's all Cal has left. Talk.

Reactions: Girthang
Just more proof that Cal can’t evaluate talent. Dude literally always just targeted the top 50 players in high school that the recruiting services said we’re good. Now he is letting Kentucky do the talent evaluations for him so he can hopefully just double the money to take them. The guy can’t coach, can’t evaluate talent, he nothing but a snake oil salesman.

It blows my mind the level of pettiness from Cal toward a program that didn’t do anything to him except overpay his worth for the last several years. Also seems like a foolish use of money by Arkansas donors, but it’s theirs to light on fire. Enjoy the mercenaries, I suppose. I’m sure they’ll play hard and for the greater good of the team…
Who would want to play for Arkansas? Especially for an old, washed up coach?

I love how UK is being directly targeted here.

Talk about directly lighting the inducement fire. Wonder if the ncaa has anything left to put it out? Lol. If JJones pIssing on the legal notion of "NIL" doesn't get them immediately banned from postseason play with any of the players they bring in, the NCAA will have torn off the floodgates.

Talent accumulation has never been Cals issue! If he was to get Davis, he’ll just start DJ over him lol. I’m looking forward to the shit show of Cals incompetence
Welch’s offense was good last year but guess what no Welch next year for old Cal. No one’s afraid of a Cal coached team. I can’t wait till we play them next year. Pope is going to coach circles around that clown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT