ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Maxey making announcement very soon

I swear, if anybody argues with me about KJ getting minutes at the 4...it’s just a marker for stupidity at this point. It’s happening.
20 minutes per game at SF.

a342-1900x2822_c.jpg

I just listened to the audio of the interview and I don't think I would interpret the comment as a Freudian slip about duo/possible duo. There seems to have been someone that was trying to make him laugh and he stuttered over his words trying to say "possible" several times. However, seems like he is definitely UK's to lose either way.

Thanks for the clarification. The "trying not to laugh" part makes more sense now.

Is Shaka the only coach who hasn't conceded him to us? If he's down to four schools, it sure doesn't seem like there's really four being considered.

Hagans is the only one who is a true PG. Quade, IQ, and Maxey are all combos to varying degrees, in that respective order.

So you can play any of them together in virtually any combination, especially because Hagans and IQ are really good defensively, all but Hagans are very good shooters, and all but Quade are 6'3 with good length.

You could also play Hagans, IQ, Maxey together and be really dynamic with some combo of PJ/Vanderbilt/Gabriel/Montgomery.

I don't remember that. I do remember posts that said he was getting his ass kicked by Duke (he was) and that he needed to light a fire or change his approach (seems he has).

Good things, either way.

Oh I absolutely remember. I’m surprised you don’t? It wasn’t the majority by an means but it was at least a large handful.

As far as “getting his ass kicked by Duke” (that seems slightly dramatic ... as Duke was “kicking everyone’s ass” in recruiting for 2 years or so) well.., perhaps ? But it’s clear with *Capal gone* and Nike/ Duke providing a million $ home for the Bagleys (verified) somehow managing to land to guys who 98% of gurus thought couldn’t be eligible (Duval and Bagley) that Duke had a bit of an advantage when “kicking Cals ass”

Lastly, yes good things either way regardless !

Remember when some were saying Cal “lost his touch” and seemed “burnt out” on recruiting ?
I think Duke pissed him off getting both Barrett and Cam.. Think Cal thought he would get 1 and K get 1..You know "Hoghead" paid them..The FBI stopping Adidas from buying players for Kansas, UL, Ari among others has helped Kentucky the most

I don't understand it at all, but you have to think this means the end for WG or that Ashton might be for next season. That's only way I could understand it as I think vando and pj come back. Just hope it doesn't piss a quickley/Herro/Baker off and somehow scare them away if for some reason wenyen still returns.

Our backcourt would be Higgins proof
Lol what about adams and Hess as well? I like how cal is getting top tier guys who are not exactly OAD and building a squad. I think 2015 hit cal as hard as it hit us and wants to build a squad like that again. The star spangled maybe aligning again! I am still laughing at puke having a plethora of riches last year and couldn't seal the deal. For as much as we should of won it all in 2015 they should of won it this year as well. I'm am so greatful for those in charge of the university of Pittsburgh they all deserve raises for taking capel to ruin their program. It's only a matter of time till he puts them on probation as well

Reactions: awf
I remember people saying his recruiting has slipped...... and it had/has in terms of top 5 players...

I think we now know why that happened with the FBI scandals/ Zona/ KU and specifically duke. Capal is now gone from Duke (a proven cheater) and Cals recruiting picks back up...? Not really a coincidence imo.

Not to mention, as mentioned in my previous post, Duke/Nike literally providing a million dollar home for the bagleys along with tuition to a private school attended by millionaire celebrities when just ahead of all that the Bagleys were in financial ruin/ had declared bankruptcy ... That’s probably why Cals recruiting “slipped” for 2 years.

I remember people saying his recruiting has slipped...... and it had/has in terms of top 5 players...

It slipped if you include certain players Cal was recruiting but it also amazes how Cal is able to let trouble slip from his grasp....just lucky I guess. The after the fact information that comes out tells me, maybe Cal slipped a little in recruiting but maybe it was partly the cyclical nature of the types of recruits involved. Cal may have been done a favor in a few instances of his..."failures"...

ADVERTISEMENT