ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Maxey making announcement very soon

Well that's an awful lot of top guards! How will they all play?! Isn't that what you said about Kentucky?

Funny, the KU fan is hoping some of our guys will jump ship because there are too many guards, yet he expects to add Langford to his already "stacked" roster. So, stud guards are okay sitting the pine at KU, but not UK? Not quite seeing the logic there.

Funny, the KU fan is hoping some of our guys will jump ship because there are too many guards, yet he expects to add Langford to his already "stacked" roster. So, stud guards are okay sitting the pine at KU, but not UK? Not quite seeing the logic there.

Heh, I'm not sure Cal would take their last 4 or 5 guards if they begged to come here.

Reactions: awf and BBUK

Not "hoping"... more wondering. You'll have 4 5* point guards potentially next year. Baker, Herro and Johson are going to want to play. So will Montgomery, Richards, Washington and Vanderbilt.

Our depth isn't that concentrated at one position, but Ski asked..

Heh, I'm not sure Cal would take their last 4 or 5 guards if they begged to come here.

Now what happened to the LineSki that was rooting for KU during the tournament?

I think you wouldn't take the guards KU recruited, but I suspect Cal would. We've won the last three match-ups against Kentucky with guards "Cal wouldn't take if they begged to come there" and I'm sure Cal knows that Self has an eye for talent.

Now what happened to the LineSki that was rooting for KU during the tournament?

I think you wouldn't take the guards KU recruited, but I suspect Cal would. We've won the last three match-ups against Kentucky with guards "Cal wouldn't take if they begged to come there" and I'm sure Cal knows that Self has an eye for talent.

Aside from Grimes and Dotson.. aka not the bottom 4 or 5 guys.. hes not taking them. Your 3rd best guard but be our 5th.

And how far did those Kansas teams get? How'd they do in 2015? Or.. 2012?

Not "hoping"... more wondering. You'll have 4 5* point guards potentially next year. Baker, Herro and Johson are going to want to play. So will Montgomery, Richards, Washington and Vanderbilt.

You claim your intentions for being here and posting here are pure , but they’re not... you’re just a bit more subtle about it and you have a picture of your boobs as your avatar (in attempts to... ?)

Also not sure what me rooting for them in the tournament (knowing they wouldn't win it anyways) has to do with their team going forward. You couldn't tell that was a one time thing from a 5 sentence post?

"Our depth isn't that concentrated at one position, but Ski asked.." Always skirting around the facts. You HAVE no depth in the frontcourt.

Also not sure what me rooting for them in the tournament (knowing they wouldn't win it anyways) has to do with their team going forward. You couldn't tell that was a one time thing from a 5 sentence post?

"Our depth isn't that concentrated at one position, but Ski asked.." Always skirting around the facts. You HAVE no depth in the frontcourt.

I expect Udoka to return. That would give us:

Udoka
Lawson
McCormack
DeSousa
Lightfoot

You claim your intentions for being here and posting here are pure , but they’re not... you’re just a bit more subtle about it and you have a picture of your boobs as your avatar (in attempts to... ?)

I say I don't take shots at your program. Using facts to disprove another poster's argument isn't bad intentioned.

The boobs are meant as a joke to the poster who claims these are his wife's. What do you have against boobs? Are you a butt man?

Aside from Grimes and Dotson.. aka not the bottom 4 or 5 guys.. hes not taking them. Your 3rd best guard but be our 5th.

And how far did those Kansas teams get? How'd they do in 2015? Or.. 2012?

Not sure I agree with that. We'll see when they start playing college ball. The 2019 class is supposed to be better than the 2018 class, but that's more in terms of depth.

I think a few things hurt us.

1. Shit seeding. Still think this was the biggest factor. How sad to reward a historically great team with such a poor draw. Like Maximus getting stabbed in the side type of shit.

2. Poythress injury mixed things up.

3. Duke and Wisconsin were historically great teams in their own right.

4. Shooters. Aaron just never got going again. Booker never got enough minutes. We beat teams down so much that we didn't need big 3pt shooting.. Certainly not "clutch" shooting. And It was kinda like uconn women's team this year.
The shit seeding was due to the fact they didn't want Kentucky to win. Simple as that.

I expect Udoka to return. That would give us:

Udoka
Lawson
McCormack
DeSousa
Lightfoot

Udoka, a Memphis transfer and the rest.. that's not exactly a deep or overly talented frontcourt.

I like Udoka's game but he's a better NBA prospect, right now, than the 3 of our guys testing the draft. I get why you expect him back, because you're a Kansas Biased fan and you thought Newman was coming back as well.

Whatever, doesn't matter.. Your frontcourt could be without Udoka and you's still try and sell it to us. If he leaves or doesn't, you'll still be here.

I think a few things hurt us.

1. Shit seeding. Still think this was the biggest factor. How sad to reward a historically great team with such a poor draw. Like Maximus getting stabbed in the side type of shit.

2. Poythress injury mixed things up.

3. Duke and Wisconsin were historically great teams in their own right.

4. Shooters. Aaron just never got going again. Booker never got enough minutes. We beat teams down so much that we didn't need big 3pt shooting.. Certainly not "clutch" shooting. And It was kinda like uconn women's team this year.

The problem for UK in 2015 was Villanova. They were clearly the team most deserving of the 2nd 1 seed going into the NCAA Tourney and that bumped either Duke or Wisconsin down to the 4th 1. Unfortunately, Nova got bounced in the 2nd round (like in 2017) and Duke had an easier opponent in the final four. That still wouldn't have helped UK beat Wisconsin that night if Duke beats Nova instead of MSU. Everyone on here thinks Wisconsin, Duke and Zona should have been on the other side of the bracket...wasn't going to happen.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I think if you put Wisconsin on the other side of the bracket, as they should have been, Kentucky faces them on Monday when they have no legs. Either way, I still think Kentucky could have won the whole thing with that draw (and Duke's joke region) many times out of 10.. but, we had an off night.. and Wisconsin had a great one.

I don't think we lost because of platooning.. maybe just that we needed to tweak how we do it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat and awf

Moore, Grimes, and Dotson are all PGs. Sounds like a similar problem, with slightly lesser talent.

This dude just said they 90% sure they land Romeo. For one, he ain't going to KU at all 90% is a comical number to put as to how likely you think you get him when it's more like 10%. Secondly he's not a team ball type of player. On KU I think he'd be a team cancer, IU he gets the thrill of taking every shot on a bad team. Either way, when the hell is self going to get fired like what does he have to do become a serial killer before they fire him? Freaking ridiculous the program they're running over there.

If we get maxey, I'm looking forward to buzz baker saying something like; "since maxey has came in, he has stopped the leak/bleeding" or something to that affect. Don't know why, just picture buzz baker saying in my head lol

I think if you put Wisconsin on the other side of the bracket, as they should have been, Kentucky faces them on Monday when they have no legs. Either way, I still think Kentucky could have won the whole thing with that draw (and Duke's joke region) many times out of 10.. but, we had an off night.. and Wisconsin had a great one.

I don't think we lost because of platooning.. maybe just that we needed to tweak how we do it.
Probably 90 or 95 times out of 100. Duke's road was an absolute joke.

The problem for UK in 2015 was Villanova. They were clearly the team most deserving of the 2nd 1 seed going into the NCAA Tourney and that bumped either Duke or Wisconsin down to the 4th 1. Unfortunately, Nova got bounced in the 2nd round (like in 2017) and Duke had an easier opponent in the final four. That still wouldn't have helped UK beat Wisconsin that night if Duke beats Nova instead of MSU. Everyone on here thinks Wisconsin, Duke and Zona should have been on the other side of the bracket...wasn't going to happen.
There wasn't even one team capable of beating Duke on that entire side of the bracket. Literally, not a single one. That's how they wanted it.

200.gif

Was just coming to post something similar.

Baby is a fraud, and the fact that he relentlessly comes here to act contrarian to all things Kentucky, and oddly disappears when something bad happens to Kansas, should result in a ban.

Like Kneeburns, Kiimo, RC Texas.. trolls who just aren't that intelligent.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Gosh, I guess Kansas fans must just be on vacation.

I'm sure they'll be back right around the start of the season though, giving opinions no one asked for.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is pretty wild and exciting. I mean we already have 2 5 star PGs on the roster. And now we might get 2 more that are reclassifying on he same team? Count me in as confused but excited.
Why confused? All of this is about getting to the NBA. Nothing more nothing less. A kid comes here gets 10 mins per game who cares? He will still declare and leave. That's what all this is about. One year tops.

ADVERTISEMENT