ADVERTISEMENT

Max Kellerman on First Take..

Oct 12, 2014
Is giving hell to Duke and Coach K for getting all of the top players, along with 1 and 2 in the draft, was only still able to make it to the same round as Kentucky in the Elite Eight, who did not have any players ranked nearly as high. What are your thoughts on this?

Is giving hell to Duke and Coach K for getting all of the top players, along with 1 and 2 in the draft, was only still able to make it to the same round as Kentucky in the Elite Eight, who did not have any players ranked nearly as high. What are your thoughts on this?

Trolls be trollin'

Cam Reddish is K's fall guy according to the K minions. Blaming Cam for no development and completely giving K a pass for not doing his job. The dude had the best college player since AD plus a second kid that would be the best player in any other class the past 5 years if not for Zion and fails to make the final four. Yeah let's throw the 18 year old under the bus to save face for the biggest fake in college sports.

Barret & reddish are both overrated, especially as freshmen. I don’t think it’s easy to get a championship with freshman no matter how talented they are. This is an instance where I don’t think K deserves much flak.

Hell I am surprised he wasn't praising the Rat Face Bastard for getting three super talented egos' to play together and push them to the brink of the final four !

K absolutely needs to be roasted for this. I've already seen a few articles and tweets about Cal choking. There needs to be twice as many about K.

Saw that article on yahoo where they said Cal choked again(not linking the garbage). We were a two seed and made it to the elite eight. Isn’t that where a two seed is supposed to make it. Where is the article about K choking? He has lost in the first round twice since Cal has been here to Mercer and Lehigh lol.

Stephen A classifies this year as a Duke failure. Blames Cam Reddish and K. Says Jones can’t shoot and needs to come back to Duke for a second season. Cites Duke as poor in player development

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1

I agree, coach K does not get enough heat for his overall performance in the tournament, from 2008 to 2017 he has 2 loses in the first round and 2 loses in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Stephen A classifies this year as a Duke failure. Blames Cam Reddish and K. Says Jones can’t shoot and needs to come back to Duke for a second season. Cites Duke as poor in player development
They are poor at player development. Always have been. As far as Cam goes, they should've made the FF on Barrett and Zion alone.

Betcha Jones does come back. His brother has struggled in the NBA coming off a much better freshman year with a national championship. Not sure where he thinks he will end up if he leaves. Duke hasnt signed a PG for next year and is out of the running for Cole Anthony.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat

He said the same thing last season about Gary Trent, Marvin Bagley and the 5 that is with the Bulls now, Bilas tried to use Grayson Allen over a 4 year span. Stephen A. told him it is not the same deal.

The love and hype of Duke and ACC is what caused their demise. The 24/7 coverage of Zions every dunk. How every pass he made was awesome. How Jones was the best defensive guard in the nation. How as great as Williamson was, Barrett was a close second. And then you had Reddish who was a top 5 draft pick.
Listening to all this hype made everyone think they couldn’t be beat. That’s why probably 75% of the people had them picked to win the championship this year.
It turns out that they were just a very good team, but not that much better than maybe a dozen or so other very good teams.
If you remember this same sort of thing happened last year with Duke. Next year let’s try to remember the two previous years and don’t drink the ESPN koolaid.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Waiting for others at espn to get on K. Unbelievable the last two years he didn't at least get one of those teams in the FF. But I said all season if Duke couldn't win the 2018 title, they wouldn't win in 2019.

The love and hype of Duke and ACC is what caused their demise. The 24/7 coverage of Zions every dunk. How every pass he made was awesome. How Jones was the best defensive guard in the nation. How as great as Williamson was, Barrett was a close second. And then you had Reddish who was a top 5 draft pick.
Listening to all this hype made everyone think they couldn’t be beat. That’s why probably 75% of the people had them picked to win the championship this year.
It turns out that they were just a very good team, but not that much better than maybe a dozen or so other very good teams.
If you remember this same sort of thing happened last year with Duke. Next year let’s try to remember the two previous years and don’t drink the ESPN koolaid.

It is laughable any network or person would hype Jones up any defensively. If they would call half of his hand checks and bodying up, he would of set the Duke foul record this season.. He gets killed on angles and straight line drives, like i said the other day. I knew Winston would pick Jones apart in that matchup, have seen those type of players for years in the old Big East, the least type of gaurds you wanna run into when it hits March..

They are poor at player development. Always have been. As far as Cam goes, they should've made the FF on Barrett and Zion alone.

Reddish would of been alot better at Kentucky, would of been able to see his point skills, along with how good of a scorer he really is.. If i am picking in the NBA draft, i am still taking him or Ja Morant, everyone would see why in 5 years..

Cam Reddish is K's fall guy according to the K minions. Blaming Cam for no development and completely giving K a pass for not doing his job. The dude had the best college player since AD plus a second kid that would be the best player in any other class the past 5 years if not for Zion and fails to make the final four. Yeah let's throw the 18 year old under the bus to save face for the biggest fake in college sports.

Wander how much Reddish wish he would of went to Kentucky anyway..

K absolutely needs to be roasted for this. I've already seen a few articles and tweets about Cal choking. There needs to be twice as many about K.

Why? Uk was ranked higher in the preseason and had shooters and experience. They were billed as the complete team.

Agree that Jones should and will come back. What NBA skills does he possess? Four year player.

Duke got a double-double out of DeLaurier yesterday. Think about that.

Duke just went one-on-one all year and depended on superior athletic ability to win. Most of the time it did.

But there was no Xs and Os going on there.

Why? Uk was ranked higher in the preseason and had shooters and experience. They were billed as the complete team.

Put that stellar Duke education to work and noodle on your question for a while. I'm sure you'll come up with the answer.

Unless of course you're being contrary on purpose and trying to start a fight the day after we lost in the Elite 8. If that's the case (and I believe it is), then GTFO.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
LOL you've been talking shit on this board about how great this duke team was ALL YEAR. Why?! Maybe because he had THREE top FIVE picks. Probably the number ONE and TWO selections. Not to mention they had the highest rated PG and a bunch of good role players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT