ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones’ Twitter space

The Reeves stuff needs to be finalized, one way or another. We're going on mid-June now. This feels like the long process when we waited for Randolph Morris years ago.
I still say tell Reeves to go get screwed.......if he can't make a decision by now, then enough is enough
so tired of these players using the uk program as just a mat to wipe their muddy feet. If they don't want to be here, then go someplace else

- last 2-3 weeks behind the scenes changes have been made within UK basketball. changes for the better.
- not sure changes pay off this year but says Cal will be back after this year based on what he is putting in place.
just what are these changes and how do you know of them?

Poor Bigblue Don you are really are going to be blue. "Another year" well if you can't take a year, yiu are not going to make it, because Cal is not going anywhere. I feel so sorry for you, I really do
You are in for a very rough ride. Might want to give up watching UK. Lol, I love it.
you have to be on ccc's payroll
no way that a true fan would want this arrogant used car salesman to remain in control of the program that he has basically destroyed. You must enjoy the continual losses to most any decent team. The annual exodus of players, the lack of fundamental basketball. I'm sure your favorite thing is the constant yelling by someone posing as a coach whose only plays are runnnnnnnnn, goooo

Matt Jones on a Twitter space right now:

- UK was 100% certain they were getting Dickinson and Keshad Johnson
- let Oscar leave because they knew they were getting Dickinson
- Cal’s mind was changed on collectives after Dickinson and Oscar’s decisions and the Reeves deal
- someone “very connected to UK” is running the new collective. Great person to lead this
- Cal stepping away and now letting people do what needs to be done for NIL
- not sure on Reeves. Thought he was coming back but now they’ve gone quiet
- Cal is alienated from main donors. However, new donors are stepping up and are big time funders. Not UK people, they are Cal people
All BS and no facts to back up anything. just more talk, talk, talk.

That's a lot of twitter stuff. Matt has some sources.

He's been without basketball sources for years but agree he seems to have some info now. Did it take O a year to open back up or is it someone new? Ulis?

Guessing the cal only donors include drake and who else? "Very connected" to UK sounds like Jeff Sheppard or the like

Was Oscar an endentured servant who they “let leave”? Maybe this clueless kid is right and Cal holds players hostage.

you have to be on ccc's payroll
no way that a true fan would want this arrogant used car salesman to remain in control of the program that he has basically destroyed. You must enjoy the continual losses to most any decent team. The annual exodus of players, the lack of fundamental basketball. I'm sure your favorite thing is the constant yelling by someone posing as a coach whose only plays are runnnnnnnnn, goooo
Bnewt, he is about 12 and loves to type on the computer. He is not a UK fan.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Last week there was a rumor he had returned to Illinois State to take enough classes to graduate. There was even a screen grab of his student contact info, although I never heard it confirmed and it could have easily just been an artifact from when he was at the school before.

Has anyone confirmed if he's still at UK or at ISU or somewhere else?
I tend to believe that's the case. He actually never returned to ISU for classes. jmo

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Seems like HD would be the type of person to lead someone on, not surprised if that’s true. Hope Kentucky whips his ass In November when they play. Seems like he needs to be humbled!
Narrator: they will not.

Jk genuinely looking forward to this game, not only because it means hoops are back, but because we both have very new teams that should be exciting. Regardless of how the off-season pans out with Reeves/Cyril ect I expect your talent to be a handful for 99% of college teams next year.

I tend to believe that's the case. He actually never returned to ISU for classes. jmo
I think a lot of previous students are still in the directory …a couple years behind with deletion . Tho it’d make sense for him to ‘graduate ‘ from there , as 85% of his credits are from there …easier and no credit transfer worries

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I still say tell Reeves to go get screwed.......if he can't make a decision by now, then enough is enough
so tired of these players using the uk program as just a mat to wipe their muddy feet. If they don't want to be here, then go someplace else
I hate to break this news to you but none of them want to be here even the ones who are here. To be honest if they are elite they probably don't want to be at any other college either. This is just a stop on their way to playing professionally and making millions per year.

I hate to break this news to you but none of them want to be here even the ones who are here. To be honest if they are elite they probably don't want to be at any other college either. This is just a stop on their way to playing professionally and making millions per year.
Not sure I care for that one. Are they looking out for Kentucky's best interests or are they just looking out for Cal?
when you donate to a University NIL fund , it sort of is what it is . It’s not for anyone’s ’best interest ‘ . It’s keeping a fund full of $$ to lure players . It’s the same everywhere . There‘s no one fund at a school that has a ‘best interest ‘ any more than another fund somewhere else …people likely come and go with who funds it , and businesses are also involved

With NIL fixed and money not an issue any longer, and with Cal's ability to recruit top talent, I think the future looks bright for UK Basketball.

when you donate to a University NIL fund , it sort of is what it is . It’s not for anyone’s ’best interest ‘ . It’s keeping a fund full of $$ to lure players . It’s the same everywhere . There‘s no one fund at a school that has a ‘best interest ‘ any more than another fund somewhere else …people likely come and go with who funds it , and businesses are also involved
agreed, however, in the beginning, there was much much better coordination and communication between UK and the NIL collectives at some schools than with us.

I think a lot of previous students are still in the directory …a couple years behind with deletion . Tho it’d make sense for him to ‘graduate ‘ from there , as 85% of his credits are from there …easier and no credit transfer worries

Usually they keep you in there for a few years to keep access to your email as well. I wasn't removed from the UK directory, after I graduated, for several years.

You do not know 100%...either offer proof or shut up.

The directory has players from ISU from 15+ years ago still included. Are they all taking summer classes as well?
I was just referencing what John said, as someone was asking the question about the directory.

I've been on this board for 16 years and I'm not the type of poster to throw things out there. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just offering information. Believe me or not, I don't care. I'm close enough to the situation that I know.

I don’t think Reeves’s alleged enrollment at ISU weighs in favor or against his return to UK. If anything, Reeves has proven himself adept at keeping options open. I have no inside info, but I’m optimistic for his return.
Oh, if Reeves were actually enrolled at ISU I think that would be a huge indicator that he wasn't coming back to UK under any circumstances.

I was just referencing what John said, as someone was asking the question about the directory.

I've been on this board for 16 years and I'm not the type of poster to throw things out there. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just offering information. Believe me or not, I don't care. I'm close enough to the situation that I know.
Sounds like you’ve heard what I’ve heard.

Oh, if Reeves were actually enrolled at ISU I think that would be a huge indicator that he wasn't coming back to UK under any circumstances.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Summer classes started before he even pulled out of the NBA Draft. It might be easier for him to finish up at ISU and graduate with a majority of his credits taking place there. I think it was/is a way for him to keep all options open, but doesn't necessarily point in one way or the other.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I'm not sure I agree with that. Summer classes started before he even pulled out of the NBA Draft. It might be easier for him to finish up at ISU and graduate with a majority of his credits taking place there. I think it was/is a way for him to keep all options open, but doesn't necessarily point in one way or the other.
If this is correct I’ve never seen anything like it. Reeves had to think he couldn’t get the work done at UK. Makes me wonder about fake classes at this point. A player for one school takes classes at another then plays for the one school? Going to a different school while you’re on the team at another. How does that work? No I think if Reeves is at ill st taking classes he is gone he’s not coming back to uk if that’s the case.

Maybe, but sounds an awful lot like heavy rationalization to me. Regardless, I haven't seen any real proof that it's true anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT