ADVERTISEMENT

Mathew Mayer withdraws from draft

Yea he is north caorlinas to lose unfortunately, if Baldwin enters and cal doesn’t atleast reach out that will say a lot

Texas Tech, North Carolina, USC, Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas and Illinois were among the schools to reach out to him in the transfer portal.

The 6-foot-9 senior averaged 9.8 points, five rebounds, 1.2 steals and one assist on 40.9% shooting from the field in 33 games at Baylor. He is considered one of the top transfers in the portal. -
Zagoria

Texas Tech, North Carolina, USC, Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas and Illinois were among the schools to reach out to him in the transfer portal.

The 6-foot-9 senior averaged 9.8 points, five rebounds, 1.2 steals and one assist on 40.9% shooting from the field in 33 games at Baylor. He is considered one of the top transfers in the portal. -
Zagoria
Cal has a grand plan.Just wait and see.

We need 5 top notch starters and 5 more than capable backups. Getting these young guys to buy into something like this? Next to impossible. You almost have to let the younger guys start so it feeds their ego then have 5 veterans ready to sub in. It’s ass backwards and why it’s so hard to win a title. I’m old enough to remember when freshman came here and waited their turn. The sooner we get back to that, the better we will be.

when freshman came here and waited their turn. The sooner we get back to that, the better we will be.

That’s. Just not how it works anymore or ever will again. Class means nothing. Sorry. You play thr best five period. Now you can argue that we’ve played potential over results before, but would anybody said AD should’ve waited his turn or Fox? Nah.

If Cal doesn't go after
Yea he is north caorlinas to lose unfortunately, if Baldwin enters and cal doesn’t atleast reach out that will say a lot
If Baldwin hits the portal and Cal doesn't go after him then he's packed it in. Patrick Baldwin Jr. is the exact type of recruit Cal would've previously loved to land. It allows him a chance at a redemption story with a potential 1st rounder.

If Cal doesn't go after

If Baldwin hits the portal and Cal doesn't go after him then he's packed it in. Patrick Baldwin Jr. is the exact type of recruit Cal would've previously loved to land. It allows him a chance at a redemption story with a potential 1st rounder.
The sad reality is we know he should but we know its 50/50 or even less chance than that, he probably won’t reach out

Everyone will continue to be upset as these kids back out of the draft and go elsewhere. Our starters and top reserves are set. I’m thinking if we add anyone it’s in the realm of Kale Catchings/Ryan Young that are transferring to Duke from Harvard and NW respectively. A decent player but not an impact guy by any means at a lower level, probably in the form of a grad transfer so the May 1st portal deadline doesn’t matter.

I don’t think we need real depth since we’ll play 7 maybe 8 come crunch time. But another competent body would be nice if we had an emergency situation.

Everyone will continue to be upset as these kids back out of the draft and go elsewhere. Our starters and top reserves are set. I’m thinking if we add anyone it’s in the realm of Kale Catchings/Ryan Young that are transferring to Duke from Harvard and NW respectively. A decent player but not an impact guy by any means at a lower level, probably in the form of a grad transfer so the May 1st portal deadline doesn’t matter.

I don’t think we need real depth since we’ll play 7 maybe 8 come crunch time. But another competent body would be nice if we had an emergency situation.
We have a full house of non shooters ready to go!!Just the way Cal loves it.

We need 5 top notch starters and 5 more than capable backups. Getting these young guys to buy into something like this? Next to impossible. You almost have to let the younger guys start so it feeds their ego then have 5 veterans ready to sub in. It’s ass backwards and why it’s so hard to win a title. I’m old enough to remember when freshman came here and waited their turn. The sooner we get back to that, the better we will be.
Because everybody has that. I've been watching college ball for 50+ years and I've only seen 2 teams with that at UK. 1996 and 2015. I don't remember any other school having that kind of depth. In the OAD first, and now NIL eras it's just going to be very difficult to build that kind of depth. If this team had Sharpe, Brooks and Hopkins it would be an extremely deep talented team but we know how that has worked out so far.

Because everybody has that. I've been watching college ball for 50+ years and I've only seen 2 teams with that at UK. 1996 and 2015. I don't remember any other school having that kind of depth. In the OAD first, and now NIL eras it's just going to be very difficult to build that kind of depth. If this team had Sharpe, Brooks and Hopkins it would be an extremely deep talented team but we know how that has worked out so far.
When CJ has his annual injury it will be fun having a project like Thiero being forced to play and try to give meaningful minutes.Of course it won't be Cal's fault.

The roster right now if full of guys like that, two really good players in Wallace and Oscar, and a bunch of role players. No clear go to scorer or bucket getter at all. The team needs more offense really bad

Last edited:
When CJ has his annual injury it will be fun having a project like Thiero being forced to play and try to give meaningful minutes.Of course it won't be Cal's fault.
I love the Thiero commitment if UK can keep him in the fold for at least 3 years (unless he really blows up as a Soph). But if he's playing meaningful minutes next season I fear we have a real problem.

The roster right now if full of guys like that, two really good players in Wallace and Oscar, and a bunch of role players. No clear go to scorer or bucket getter at all. The team needs more offense really bad
Those 2 guys are Adou Thiero and Lance Ware esque not like any of our other guys. No clear go to scorer? C’mon, Oscar was our leading scorer by over 200 points last season!!! Last I heard he’ll be back and be our go to scorer!

No point in arguing about the roster. Really the roster and all the arguing(not us or you specifically obviously) comes down to two guys, Wheeler and Livingston. Either you believe you have a 10 and 7 All SEC PG Bob Cousy Finalist along with a top 15 prospect/first round pick next year…or you believe those two are a midget that can’t shoot and an overrated Poythress like player. I’m sure there will be times next year when both sides of those players arguments look right. Hopefully for our sake as a team it’s the better of the two!

Keion Brooks.
33 24.5 10.8 4.4 1.0 0.7 0.6 1.3 49.1 78.3 23.3

Oscar Meyer
33 22.8 9.8 5.0 1.0 1.2 0.8 1.0 40.9 70.0 32.4

Someone most of our fans totally despised and hated and ran off so Toppin could get his minutes now your bitching at Cal for nothing again. He shot 9 percent less than Keion from the field and 8 percent less from the line. Baylor doesn't want him. I don't want him. I want Toppin.

Keion Brooks.
33 24.5 10.8 4.4 1.0 0.7 0.6 1.3 49.1 78.3 23.3

Oscar Meyer
33 22.8 9.8 5.0 1.0 1.2 0.8 1.0 40.9 70.0 32.4

Someone most of our fans totally despised and hated and ran off so Toppin could get his minutes now your bitching at Cal for nothing again. He shot 9 percent less than Keion from the field and 8 percent less from the line. Baylor doesn't want him. I don't want him. I want Toppin.
We ran Brooks off?
😂
Yeah, depth is so overrated.

Those 2 guys are Adou Thiero and Lance Ware esque not like any of our other guys. No clear go to scorer? C’mon, Oscar was our leading scorer by over 200 points last season!!! Last I heard he’ll be back and be our go to scorer!

No point in arguing about the roster. Really the roster and all the arguing(not us or you specifically obviously) comes down to two guys, Wheeler and Livingston. Either you believe you have a 10 and 7 All SEC PG Bob Cousy Finalist along with a top 15 prospect/first round pick next year…or you believe those two are a midget that can’t shoot and an overrated Poythress like player. I’m sure there will be times next year when both sides of those players arguments look right. Hopefully for our sake as a team it’s the better of the two!
Theiro isn’t or shouldn’t be a major contributor in year one lance ware is what he is and that’s not a major contributor. Wheeler and Livingston both have major flaws. Oscar is not a go to scorer, he can you twenty point every now and then but he shouldn’t be a teams number one offensive option. Frederick is injury prone, reeves is making a big jump and a lot of times players like that don’t even get close to matching production, I like Wallace a lot but what makes him special is his play making and defensive potential, he is good offensively not a number one option. Kentucky is going to be in trouble next year. The roster as it stands right now if not overly talented

Theiro isn’t or shouldn’t be a major contributor in year one lance ware is what he is and that’s not a major contributor. Wheeler and Livingston both have major flaws. Oscar is not a go to scorer, he can you twenty point every now and then but he shouldn’t be a teams number one offensive option. Frederick is injury prone, reeves is making a big jump and a lot of times players like that don’t even get close to matching production, I like Wallace a lot but what makes him special is his play making and defensive potential, he is good offensively not a number one option. Kentucky is going to be in trouble next year. The roster as it stands right now if not overly talented
You could nitpick every other expected top 10 roster in the same way!

Don't worry about it
Cause
You don't know about it
Member since January 2022

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT