ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III, the country's No. 1 basketball recruit, could skip senior year to play for Duke o

I had a Duke fan on Twitter tell me it was a done deal that Bagley would be at Duke this year. Went on to bash me and say that Bagley's dad was only saying he would visit UK to be nice and he would never visit UK because he had to enroll Duke soon to play this year. I reminded him Duke fans were already inking Kevin Knox into the line up too. :joy:

I bet a UofL super team could slay all the prostitutes in the United States in no time flat.

I’m looking into all this... I made a call to two people on him.

Bagley is a good kid by the way from what I’ve heard. I saw some people bad mouth him a little on here.

His camp is quiet but he has some good people around him.

Yep, quiet like in a kevin knox kind of way..

Source close to Duke on Bagley: "Not sure he will reclassify". I've heard it could be tough for him to do so, per Adam Zagoria.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Any update on Bagley...are we still in the picture?

Mahalo

AlohaCat
No updates, but the closer it gets to September without any news, the less likely it is that Bagley plays college basketball- this year, or ever. I personally think that the most shocking result would be Bagley playing in college during the 18-19 season. If he's close enough to being a HS grad to try to play this year, then he will almost certainly be eligible for the 18 NBA draft, even if he hasn't done quite enough to be college eligible for 17-18.

No updates, but the closer it gets to September without any news, the less likely it is that Bagley plays college basketball- this year, or ever. I personally think that the most shocking result would be Bagley playing in college during the 18-19 season. If he's close enough to being a HS grad to try to play this year, then he will almost certainly be eligible for the 18 NBA draft, even if he hasn't done quite enough to be college eligible for 17-18.

And the reason he would be available for the NBA draft next year- without going to college is due to his age?

Thanks for helping me understand his "options"

AlohaCat

And the reason he would be available for the NBA draft next year- without going to college is due to his age?

Thanks for helping me understand his "options"

AlohaCat

The rule says 19 AND one year removed from your graduating class. If he reclassifies, then his class in 17.

So he would be 19 and one year removed from his class for the 18 draft, making him eligible for the draft.

It doesn't matter if he goes to college or not, he can still be drafted.

The rule says 19 AND one year removed from your graduating class. If he reclassifies, then his class in 17.

So he would be 19 and one year removed from his class for the 18 draft, making him eligible for the draft.

It doesn't matter if he goes to college or not, he can still be drafted.
Yep, and the Thon Maker precedent makes it clear that the NBA isn't concerned about college eligibility. If someone with credentials is willing to say that Bagley is a 2017 HS grad, then he will be eligible for next year's draft no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT