ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook

So now we're

Oh lord don’t be one of those people. One guy(who is - to put it lightly - very into politics) posts something nobody is even talking about and all of a sudden everyone is angry and crazy and needs to go outside. You’re not even saying anything anyway. You’re just saying people are angry and need to go outside who are posting in this thread, which ironically you are posting in. Acting angry and crazy because that one guy posted that one thing. You should go outside and enjoy the nice weather.

Reactions: 80 Proof
The leftist government is imprisoning people for simply liking unapproved memes in the UK.

France just sentenced the CEO of Telegram to 20 years in prison for not agreeing to censor and give the government access to people's data.

Is this REALLY what you want for the world? For America? What happened to so-called "liberals"?

I wake up every day grateful that we have Elon Musk standing against this tyranny.
Where did you read that he was sentenced? He hasn't even been tried yet. Did you check with any other sources to see if it was true? Did you spread it because you wanted it to be true?

England has very not American ways of treating news. Certain stories can be blacked out and the press cannot even mention them. The Brits can hear about them via radio, but the locals cannot print it or broadcast it. They have strict laws against using communications media to annoy or antagonize. This isn't new. This isn't something the current government just cooked up. Government blackouts used to be called D Notices. Now, since 2006 they're called DSMA-notices. Again, because of the right wing rioting, there has been hysteria about the way Brits handle the press. One of them is to portray that as something the Labor government just cooked up. It isn't so.

So now we're demanding Zuckerberg be arrested for something to do with child predators?

God bless, get off social media occasionally and enjoy the last weeks of summer. Life is passing everyone by as they're online all day screaming about this and that. I don't have it in me, nor do I see how anyone does, to be pissed about everything everyday.

The point is that they are trying to use that excuse in their arrest of the Telegram CEO while ignoring facts that show it being a major problem on Zuck's platform, of whom they dgaf.

Try to keep up and stay on point with your outrage, Hall Monitor.

Where did you read that he was sentenced? He hasn't even been tried yet. Did you check with any other sources to see if it was true? Did you spread it because you wanted it to be true?

England has very not American ways of treating news. Certain stories can be blacked out and the press cannot even mention them. The Brits can hear about them via radio, but the locals cannot print it or broadcast it. They have strict laws against using communications media to annoy or antagonize. This isn't new. This isn't something the current government just cooked up. Government blackouts used to be called D Notices. Now, since 2006 they're called DSMA-notices. Again, because of the right wing rioting, there has been hysteria about the way Brits handle the press. One of them is to portray that as something the Labor government just cooked up. It isn't so.
You finally got one small point correct. He hasn't yet been sentenced. He faces that possible sentence.

I stand behind what I said about the arrests/imprisonments happening in the UK. And unlike you, I don't try to make excuses for it or blame one party over another. Their entire government is shit at this point.

Reactions: trueblujr2
You finally got one small point correct. He hasn't yet been sentenced. He faces that possible sentence.

I stand behind what I said about the arrests/imprisonments happening in the UK. And unlike you, I don't try to make excuses for it or blame one party over another. Their entire government is shit at this point.
The arrests were for rioting. Are you upset because it was right wing rioting? The rioting -- targeting Muslims -- began because THE WRONG PERSON GOT BLAMED for a death. And the misinformation spread. Egging on rioting has never been protected speech.

In general, if somebody posts a true lie, there will be a hundred people there to refute it or provide the evidence of it being false, and the truth will generally come to the surface. But we MUST be able to do that ourselves, come to these truths and conclusions on our own. When a Government institution intervenes and attempts to silence speech and determines what "truth" needs to be pushed, you have tyranny and Soviet level propaganda.
If we're still talking about Zuckerberg and COVID here, the Biden admin ASKED him to delete false info. Please, save lives. Don't promoted fear and death.

I think you all have lost your flicking minds.

The arrests were for rioting. Are you upset because it was right wing rioting? The rioting -- targeting Muslims -- began because THE WRONG PERSON GOT BLAMED for a death. And the misinformation spread. Egging on rioting has never been protected speech.
They are arresting people for social media posts.

I thought you supported rioting. Your leaders openly celebrated it, pushed for it, and paid to bail out those who were arrested for it during the "Summer of Love". KH included.

This thread is pure gold.

Cats paws finest.

Move this shit to the political thread.

100% chance Idacat lives in Northern Idaho.

If we're still talking about Zuckerberg and COVID here, the Biden admin ASKED him to delete false info. Please, save lives. Don't promoted fear and death.

I think you all have lost your flicking minds.
You’ve got it wrong again. They pressured him to delete TRUE info…..as in, what we now know about the effects of vaccines, masks, social distancing, mandates , school closures, business closures , etc. Every single one of these is nowhere near as effective as the government wanted us to believe . Some has positive aspects, yet , but all had obvious negative aspects as well, and the pressure applied was to censor any discussion of that.

And that’s just COVID. The laptop media suppression at the behest of the government put Biden in the White House. Depending on what poll you believe, anywhere from 7-20 percent of Biden voters would net have voted for him had they known the laptops contents were real and not the Russian disinformation that was shoved down our throats .

Reactions: berniecarbo
They are arresting people for social media posts.

I thought you supported rioting. Your leaders openly celebrated it, pushed for it, and paid to bail out those who were arrested for it during the "Summer of Love". KH included.
There were +1000 arrests for rioting. If there were arrests for inflammatory posts about the riots, that's what I was talking about up above. The Brits don't have American-style publishing rights.

IdaCat: "I thought you supported rioting".

You're trolling or are hearing voices. If you're hearing voices, get help soon.

Oh lord don’t be one of those people. One guy(who is - to put it lightly - very into politics) posts something nobody is even talking about and all of a sudden everyone is angry and crazy and needs to go outside. You’re not even saying anything anyway. You’re just saying people are angry and need to go outside who are posting in this thread, which ironically you are posting in. Acting angry and crazy because that one guy posted that one thing. You should go outside and enjoy the nice weather.
I was addressing him in particular, which is why I mentioned the link he posted. I've read him be angry during the Trump years as well as the Biden years. Nearly a decade of waking up and choosing to be mad over politics on the internet. I can't imagine that's mentally healthy. I dunno, maybe it is though, I'm not a doctor. And 'everyone' as in general, not every single person posting in this thread on this very day. It's a positive this is out in the open. I just wish people (in general) weren't so obsessed with social media. It is what it is though. Many probably think I'm wasting my time occasionally logging on and discussing wrestling.

It's also pretty damn hot out right now. Maybe we can enjoy the weather next week.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Remember DARPA's Lifelog project that was basically Facebook?

Lifelog was a research project developed by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), the U.S. Department of Defense's research arm. The goal of the project was to create a comprehensive digital record of a person’s life by capturing and storing vast amounts of data about their activities, behaviors, and interactions. The idea was to develop a system that could track and catalog everything from personal interactions and conversations to the media a person consumed, places they visited, and even physiological data such as heart rate or mood.

Lifelog Project was canceled February 4, 2004
Facebook's debut? February 4, 2004.

Now now. Im sure a very chauvinistic hot or not website specifically for one college campus totally organically grew into one of the most powerful and influential companies in world history that just happened to do exactly what the government asked on numerous occasions.

Reactions: berniecarbo
The antecedent of the Hunter Biden laptop was the Republican leak about the Weiner laptop that decided the 2016 election.

The provenance of the Hunter Biden laptop was rightfully considered dicey. Who in government has had the actual hard drive even now? Who can provide proof of the trail of possession?
He said Weiner.

So now we're demanding Zuckerberg be arrested for something to do with child predators?

God bless, get off social media occasionally and enjoy the last weeks of summer. Life is passing everyone by as they're online all day screaming about this and that. I don't have it in me, nor do I see how anyone does, to be pissed about everything everyday.
The hall monitor is here. Everybody be careful. When he finally gets to power, you'll all be in jail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT