ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Stoops should resign

Thankful for all he's done but it's time to go. Getting creamed by one of the worst teams in our conference is unacceptable. The progress made under him has been fools gold.
Work From Home Thumbs Up GIF by Originals

Reactions: bigbluedon
I don’t know if he should resign but he should definitely learn how to shut his damn mouth. Every time he starts running his jaw about the fans or trying to shit on the basketball program he falls on his face. Focus on your job and get it done. Then you get to crow about it.

Most embarrassing performance in his time at UK. He has seemed burnt out honestly, it’s probably time to move on.
I was talking with a friend this morning. He's a life-long fan, ticket holder and program supporter. He said the same thing: he thought this was probably the worst loss of Stoops' career here. The season can be a relative success, but he must rally the troops. We'll see ...

That would take integrity.

He’ll be red faced and content at your local watering establishment tonight.
Hang on. He sucked bad at his job yesterday but at what point has he not had integrity? He has literally never been spotted out at a bar red faced and content after a game like this or any game really.

You’re talking out of your ass

Hang on. He sucked bad at his job yesterday but at what point has he not had integrity? He has literally never been spotted out at a bar red faced and content after a game like this or any game really.

Yeah I mean we know he drinks and obviously (just by looking at him) doesn't have the healthiest eating/exercise habits but I agree it's unnecessary to make things up about him. If he were like Billy G out there driving drunk trying to run game on college girls it'd be different. Stoops isn't that way.

That being said, his actual job performance is unacceptable right now and I worry about the exact same thing that many others do - that mentally he is done with it and just staying in it for the paychecks (a la Calipari at the end here).

It might be time to pony up. 👀
Everyone did!!! That's the issue.

I have heard that Vandegriff is getting $50,000/month!!! If that's true, Stoops should BEG for forgiveness to the donors providing that money!!!!

This is 2 years in a row that Coach Stoops has been given what he needs to fill out the roster and has FAILED miserably to find the right players!!! The RT from Tennessee is HORRIBLE!!!

He may of ran into a brick wall of “I’ve been here long enough to say anything I want,” burnt out, bitter he didn’t get what was probably his last chance at a name program, and just plain getting older. It feels like he doesn’t care to fix things, just cares about him being right. Like the minute we run for 120 yards and hold a MAC team to 7, it’ll be all “SEE SEE I TOLD YOU SO.”

Everyone did!!! That's the issue.

I have heard that Vandegriff is getting $50,000/month!!! If that's true, Stoops should BEG for forgiveness to the donors providing that money!!!!

This is 2 years in a row that Coach Stoops has been given what he needs to fill out the roster and has FAILED miserably to find the right players!!! The RT from Tennessee is HORRIBLE!!!
Facetious post by me.
Perhaps Stoops needs to reach into his pocket and give the 45000 season ticket holders a discount.

I was run off here when I said the same when his Texas A&M deal fell through. He was gone then, and Mitch should have ran him off when he tried to pull a George Costanza with his resignation.
The paid trolls that pump sunshine and run off naysayers have stfu after this one. No way you can spin it. Give em a few days though, they'll come up with something... no matter how rediculous.

Reactions: FltDoc
That would take integrity.

He’ll be red faced and content at your local watering establishment tonight.
Late to this thread but was going to say essentially the same thing. He has million$ of rea$on$ to wait to get fired and not have the character to admit he ju$t can’t get it done anymore.

I was run off here when I said the same when his Texas A&M deal fell through. He was gone then, and Mitch should have ran him off when he tried to pull a George Costanza with his resignation.
We've already had people come on this forum and talk about how he's the most wins of any UK coach. Just wait you'll see them emerge in the next few days.....

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
He seems to have gone downhill following his divorce. Yesterday I was sitting right behind the UK bench and he seemed more detached than you might expect given what was transpiring on the field. He never entered the sideline huddle during time outs and given how poorly the offense was performing you might have expected him to at least rally the troops. I also rarely saw him engage with assistants directly and he was the last one out of the locker room at half time and unlike the other coaches he walked and did not jog. Just looked tired and lacked energy.

Yesterday the offense appeared to be in total disarray especially considering illegal shifts, holding, and offsides penalties. Jet sweeps with two to gain against an SEC defense with speed on the outside? No passes over the middle. Tight Ends not involved as per usual! No screen passes even with the overwhelming rush. Hamden looks like a little league coach but again Stoops hired him . Clearly over his head in the SEC.

Likely that Wimsatt replaces Vandergriff during the UGA game after half time and may keep the starting job given the fact that the line cannot protect the slower QB. I suspect we win 5 or maybe 6 games and there will be intense pressure on Stoops. For sure Stoops will replace Hamdan in the off season and we will see mass departures through the portal. NIL money will decline and many of us will experience deja vu.

• Love
Reactions: deep3 and law1127

Speak for yourself...its been years, but I've seen him sh1tfaced at Thursday Night Live

This game was like a Cal-team losing when we really could of won.

We did not look in sync and south carolina was the aggressor.

I do admit though, we made south carolina look good.

Which means, they will probably struggle to get bowl eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT