ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Smith

He's the typical under the radar kid that Vanderbilt usually finds.The ones that can shoot lights out from three land.Izzo also is good at finding under the radar kids that can shoot.

Thanks OP I was about to ask and see if any one knew how the visit went. I read somewhere he is wanting to announce on april 12th Bring em home to the big blue!

Next up is baker! Time to add some players since all we been doing is subtracting this week.

May have already been noted but also saw an article there where Smith was added to the Derby Classic. Think this kid is ours. Was
just waiting on offer. I'm happy about this one.

No matter which guard comes on board, I would bet Cal won't give him many minutes at all. He feeds the five star guys first and the rest take what they can get, whether they play good or not. WE shall see.

Wonder if the offer was a "given" once Cal visited or if they put him through a workout and were impressed enough to offer?

Wonder if the offer was a "given" once Cal visited or if they put him through a workout and were impressed enough to offer?

I have a hard time thinking Cal went to visit him and put him through a workout.

No matter which guard comes on board, I would bet Cal won't give him many minutes at all. He feeds the five star guys first and the rest take what they can get, whether they play good or not. WE shall see.

If you earn minutes, you get minutes. When Willis played good enough to get minutes, he got them.

Did you watch the same Elite 8 game I did? WG and SKJ were on the bench. Humphries played a big role. Willis started over Gabriel a big chunk of the year. Hawkis was the first man off the bench come tournament time. Your agenda is wrong.

If you earn minutes, you get minutes. When Willis played good enough to get minutes, he got them.

Did you watch the same Elite 8 game I did? WG and SKJ were on the bench. Humphries played a big role. Willis started over Gabriel a big chunk of the year. Hawkis was the first man off the bench come tournament time. Your agenda is wrong.

Humphries only got mins because of foul trouble. I don't think he saw the floor the last 10 mins. during the whole year he only played in 1 or 2 min spurts.

Humphries only got mins because of foul trouble. I don't think he saw the floor the last 10 mins. during the whole year he only played in 1 or 2 min spurts.
Humphries was the one who put us up 5 with 4 minutes to go. He was in until the under 4 timeout

OK, what about Willis starting all year over Gabriel and SKJ? Hawkins got more minutes down the stretch than Gabriel and SKJ, what about that?

No agenda my boy. When you learn more about the game and watch how Cal does things you will understand. Just watch. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

No agenda my boy. When you learn more about the game and watch how Cal does things you will understand. Just watch. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

I watched Derek Willlis start over SKH and Gabriel--both 5 stars.
I watched Hawkins and Mulder come in and play. I watched Humphries play. I saw SKJ ride the bench all season.

Why don't you explain those things to me.

Reactions: BBUK and brianpoe
May have already been noted but also saw an article there where Smith was added to the Derby Classic. Think this kid is ours. Was
just waiting on offer. I'm happy about this one.
It was made public at 2pm he was added to the roster.. I'm wondering if Cal was first to visit at noon when the no contact went out of effect? The list of 4 schools visiting him today all had UK first..

I would like to see Kentucky add Baker and Smith, because it would be great to have them both develop and play big roles as sophomores, but one of them would be the 11th guy. How do you develop the #11-13 players on the roster? Not easy.

Smith has size and athleticism, you would think that he should be able to defend at the college level. You have to be able to defend to play for Cal.

I am much more excited about Smith than Baker. Is bigger and has more burst. Just don't think Baker can play at this level. But I've been wrong before.

Baker will be a fine player. Baker appears to be the better shooter, which is something we need.

I agree w this totally in the past. Going forward though with this huge reset year you gotta earn it or other wise we don't want you. There needs to be a culture change away from entitlement. Killed us w the Harrison twins and keeping Booker on the bench. Cal is no fool and I give him that regardless of what people say about him. He learns from experience like most high performing intelligent people do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT