ADVERTISEMENT

Mark fox

Are we sure about that? I never remember UGA blowing me away with any scheme during his era.
UGA gave UK a number of close games while he was there. I don't think he ever beat UK. The undefeated team went to Athens and got all they wanted before finally winning the game. The guy is a good coach, Georgia has tons of basketball talent but getting it to Athens has never been easy and the studs they did get were never there for long. Difficult to build a team there when basketball is a distant second to the football program.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Fox would’ve landed an elite gig if he held out. Jim Harrick was the last guy who was successful at UGA and he cheated

Reactions: KYExtemper
It's not terrible. Fox is a solid coach. He just had trouble bringing talent to UGA, as most coaches do there.
Dude was last seen being worse than Kenny Payne in Paynes first year at UL, never won anything of note, but is a solid coach. 3-29 is a solid coach. This coming from the people who say Cal is a terrible coach who doesn’t even care about winning.

Some of y’all are so fake.

Reactions: thedahc
Fox is a really good Xs and Os coach. Really good. He also has the personality of a dead man. If his focus is on game prep and strategy then it’s awesome. You just don’t want him recruiting.
That is the current rumor that Fox will take on the non-recruiting, non-coaching post as the NIL Cooridinator/player development guy and won’t be involved in coaching day-to-day.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
He was a good recruiter last I checked.Decent coach so im happy to have him.He recruited good at Georgia.Kentucky is a easier sell.I think he will do great.

Fox is a really good Xs and Os coach. Really good. He also has the personality of a dead man. If his focus is on game prep and strategy then it’s awesome. You just don’t want him recruiting.
Really good X’s and O’s coach who somehow always loses. Really good X’s and O’s, great defensive coach, was last seen being worse than Kenny Payne and going 3-29.

Let’s see if I can sell this same BS with Kenny Payne. Nah, I have more self respect than that.

I always wondered why he vanished as head coach. I thought it was pathetic they removed Fox and got Crean. I'm a huge fan of Fox. I used to gripe and moan about why get rid of Fox. Even though I'm not a Georgia fan. I thought it was plain stupid lol. Glad to have Fox. He is a pretty good defense coach, if I remember right. Great hire!

Mark Fox has infinitely more basketball knowledge than anyone who was on Cals previous staff. Including Cal. Would be a good hire. As long as he’s not recruiting.
Right, he’s been awful but he’s not Cal so it’s a good hire. Who cares if he was fired from his last 2 jobs, can’t recruit and had 4 atrocious losing season in a row including going 3-29 before being fired at his last stop, this is a good hire.

Just be real, this isn’t a good hire, it’s a Bruiser Flint buddies with the head coach hire.

Last edited:
Right, he’s been awful but he’s not Cal so it’s a good hire. Who cares if he was fired from his last 2 jobs, can’t recruit and had 4 atrocious losing season in a row including going 3-29 before being fired at his last stop, this is a good hire.

Just be real, this isn’t a good hire, it’s a Bruiser Flint buddies with the head coach hire.

Fox is the GM/NIL guy. He's not recruiting or coaching as far as we've been told.

Dude was last seen being worse than Kenny Payne in Paynes first year at UL, never won anything of note, but is a solid coach. 3-29 is a solid coach. This coming from the people who say Cal is a terrible coach who doesn’t even care about winning.

Some of y’all are so fake.
Cal also went 9-16 one year, AT UK WITH UK TALENT!!!! I never said Fox was a great recruiter, but the guy does know basketball. Statements like yours show just how little you know about basketball. It takes talent to win, if you don't have it, you're not going to win no matter how good a coach you are. Again, if he's not going to be at UK for recruiting but instead for game planning and strategy, it might work. I don't even understand what your "Some of y'all are so fake" comment means. It doesn't even make sense. I will put my knowledge of hoops up against yours any day of the week Mr 9 messages. I've forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know. Take your fake troll ass somewhere else!

Last edited:
Cal also went 9-16 one year, AT UK WITH UK TALENT!!!! I never said Fox was a great recruiter, but the guy does know basketball. Statements like yours show just how little you know about basketball. It takes talent to win, if you don't have it, you're not going to win no matter how good a coach you are. Again, if he's not going to be at UK for recruiting but instead for game planning and strategy, it might work. I don't even understand what your "Some of y'all are so fake" comment means. It doesn't even make sense. I will put my knowledge of hoops up against yours any day of the week Mr 9 messages. I've forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know. Take you fake troll ass somewhere else!
Always a troll for being real. I’ll sugarcoat it and pretend he didn’t just go 3-29 and 56-103. his last 5 years.

You’re right, he knows basketball and there aren’t many other coaches who could have gone 56-103 over the last 5 years at Georgia and Cal. He was probably the best option at assistant coach and thank God we were able to pull this off before UConn, Duke, UNC, and Kansas started looking at him.

Why is his head coaching record important? He's not going to be the head coach here. He's not going to be tasked with recruiting anyone.

With all due respect, but this is a bad take.

He won 74% of his games as a coach at Nevada. Was mid at Georgia, but still the most successful coach there in quote some time through his tenure there. Completely flopped at Cal.

Some people make decent, good, or great head coaches (he does have a winning record as a HC, so he's not a bum), but some are just more cut out to be assistants. Not many teams have a guy with a winning record as a head coach on their bench in a strictly non-recruiting assistant coaching role.

You also have to consider what his strengths are. Fox is a poor offensive coach, but his teams were always known to play really good defense. That's a good Yin to Feuger/Pope's Yang (offense).

It’s okay to just have no opinion about something because you lack the information needed to form a good one.

Reactions: thedahc
He went 3-29 at Cal. I hope he isn't coaching here.
Most of Cal athletics is a dumpster fire I've read because their Board of Regents legit hates sports. Kind of like the University of Miami. They'd prefer to be known for their academics and the athletics stuff is a sideshow.

With all due respect, but this is a bad take.

He won 74% of his games as a coach at Nevada. Was mid at Georgia, but still the most successful coach there in quote some time through his tenure there. Completely flopped at Cal.

Some people make decent, good, or great head coaches (he does have a winning record as a HC, so he's not a bum), but some are just more cut out to be assistants. Not many teams have a guy with a winning record as a head coach on their bench in a strictly non-recruiting assistant coaching role.

You also have to consider what his strengths are. Fox is a poor offensive coach, but his teams were always known to play really good defense. That's a good Yin to Feuger/Pope's Yang (offense).
He inherited 2 NBA players at Nevada, he made the NCAA Tournament twice in 9 years at Georgia. If you ask a Kentucky fan about Tubby Smith’s tenure at Minnesota not one Kentucky fan would call it good, but they would call Mark Fox’s tenure at Georgia good or solid.

The people who trash our players call this dude a good coach. The guys from last year are failures but Mark Fox isn’t and you better not call him one. It’s just weird.

Bruiser Flint had a winning record as head coach and was in a non recruiting assistant coach role and not one UK fan would sell that as a positive.

You are putting a former head coach in a non coaching, non recruiting, basketball office job that is often held by people who have never coached a day in their lives and people are very upset. It’s strange.

You are putting a former head coach in a non coaching, non recruiting, basketball office job that is often held by people who have never coached a day in their lives and people are very upset. It’s strange.
If I’m understanding correctly, he’s practically replacing someone who’s previous job experience was KSR

Folks on here just want a hall of fame and GOAT coach at every position.

HC-Billy Donovan

Assistants - Jay Wright, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Rick Pitino, Dan Hurley

Support Staff/NIL/Portal - Pat Riley, Doc Rivers, Greg Popovich

Managers/interns who wipe sweat of court - Brad Stephens, Phil Jackson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT