ADVERTISEMENT

Who the hell is even on our roster right now?

Wagner
Ugo
Z
Reed
The new kid from Ky can’t think of his bame

All these guys haven’t declared or gone portal I don’t think

Travis Perry will almost certainly be here.

Wagner, Z, Burks, Ugo, and Sheppard have yet to decide. I have a feeling that all will be gone.

Pope will get his recruiting class (two 3 stars) to come with him alongside some transfers from Bungalow State.

Looking like a Missouri-level team in terms of talent, but coaching makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKCat4Ever
FYI. Pope has signed 0 5 stars, 1 four star.
Dude. Utah St. and BYU. Now he's at the pinnacle and can hopefully sell KENTUCKY and the boosters give up some major NIL.

He just needs to avoid giving 3 and 4-stars $500,000 NIL deals.

My major, MAJOR concern is recruiting. He's been in Utah for 9 years. UTAH. Who the f*ck recruits Utah besides Utah schools and mormon dudes looking for more wives?

Kids don't care about the school anymore. So going and getting an alum isn't going to make kids suddenly want to go to Kentucky. They want two things: NIL cash and a path to the NBA via minutes on the floor.

Dude. Utah St. and BYU. Now he's at the pinnacle and can hopefully sell KENTUCKY and the boosters give up some major NIL.

He just needs to avoid giving 3 and 4-stars $500,000 NIL deals.

My major, MAJOR concern is recruiting. He's been in Utah for 9 years. UTAH. Who the f*ck recruits Utah besides Utah schools and mormon dudes looking for more wives?

Kids don't care about the school anymore. So going and getting an alum isn't going to make kids suddenly want to go to Kentucky. They want two things: NIL cash and a path to the NBA via minutes on the floor.
Booster are mad about the hire according to like 3 people. IDK if it’s true, but if it is that’s a concern. Means less NIL funding.

Wagner
Ugo
Z
Reed
The new kid from Ky can’t think of his bame

All these guys haven’t declared or gone portal I don’t think
I can almost 100% guarantee Wagner will be in the portal come this weekend. Then move right to Arkansas.

Ugo? Portal.

Z? Back to Europe or might stay.

Reed?....man this is a tough prediction.

Perry from KY - he's staying home.

Will Thiero exit the portal and stay?

Looks like Pope has to start working on the portal before he even signs the PDF from UK.

Reactions: Catfan2226
If our boosters don't give him a GOOD amount of NIL he is 100% going to fail, he needs to bring in dudes that relate to the younger guys. IDC about coaching experience, Pope can handle the coaching, bring in some dudes like Derek Anderson (who btw is brilliant if you are his friend on facebook you will understand ), Delk, ANYONE from the previous Cal regime like Wall or whoever else, try to get Ulis to stay, see if you can somehow get Robic to have a role on the team that actually matters. We just gotta be all in boys, we don't have a choice.

I can almost 100% guarantee Wagner will be in the portal come this weekend. Then move right to Arkansas.

Ugo? Portal.

Z? Back to Europe or might stay.

Reed?....man this is a tough prediction.

Perry from KY - he's staying home.

Will Thiero exit the portal and stay?

Looks like Pope has to start working on the portal before he even signs the PDF from UK.
I think pope could be good for z. I’m not so sure about ugo though

Reactions: phunterd
I think pope could be good for z. I’m not so sure about ugo though
Do we really want to hold on to cals 3rd string center on a team that lost in the first round? If Z is our starting center we better hope we schedule some womens teams so he can actually show some post game next year.

Guys like Wagner, Ugo, and Theiro are not good fits because they can’t shoot. Guys like Z, Perry, Shep, etc are perfect.

Do we really want to hold on to cals 3rd string center on a team that lost in the first round? If Z is our starting center we better hope we schedule some womens teams so he can actually show some post game next year.
Pope doesn't run the offense Cal does, his offense is basically Golden State Warriors.

They’re all gone but Perry. And even he may bolt to Ole Miss. Mark Pope doesn’t move the needle.

Not when the boosters pull NIL and Pope has 0 recruiting connections.
I don’t think that’s gonna happen in the long run and Barney knows it. The players will be our soliciting helping build the donor base. Whether pope can survive as an sec bottom feeder I don’t think so. Barney doesn’t understand the mindset of our fan base

Don't care as long as Reed comes back and Travis Perry stays committed.

The rest will handle itself.

Dude we aren’t getting much better than that. The transfer market is weak.m right now. Z would be best case imo

Assistants will absolutely be crucial. Not sure how NIL is going to go, I got to hold out hope once things cool down that the donors will still be here but I'm telling ya, some are shocked.

I'm not rationalizing anything man, I just don't have a choice. I love UK, I supported it while I watched bum ass Cal run it into the ****ing ground, if he fails then we will be back in the coaching market in a couple years. I am not going to shit on Mark though, it's still **** mitch.

I'm not rationalizing anything man, I just don't have a choice. I love UK, I supported it while I watched bum ass Cal run it into the ****ing ground, if he fails then we will be back in the coaching market in a couple years. I am not going to shit on Mark though, it's still **** mitch.
I’m not going to shit on Pope either. I’m mad as hell at Mitch. Pope was years away from being considered. He’s too raw.

That entire list will announce they’re leaving tomorrow
Perry realizing he just became the starting pg for Kentucky.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Reactions: Jakerz
Suffice to say, the names Pope can keep around from this year's team will determine whether he stays for two years or creates a dynasty. I don't feel like that's hyperbole. Having a core of Reed, Z, Adou, Wagner, and Onyenso is the first step to success.

Then it's getting defensive assistants and recruiters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT