ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical Roster....

May 7, 2020
If we had gotten all the supposed "Number 1" options, which roster would have preferred? I'm guessing on who will start with both and I'm also assuming Jaxson Robinson is on both. Here are the teams:

Team One (Options 1)
Starting:
PG - Deivon Smith
SG - Jeremy Roach
SF - Jaxson Robinson
PF - Great Osobor
C - Andrew Carr

Bench:
G - Travis Perry
G - Colin Chandler
G/F - Koby Brea
G/F - Otega Oweh
C - Amari Williams

Team Two (Options 1a)
Starting:
PG - Lamont Butler
SG - Jaxson Robinson
SF - Koby Brea
PF - Andrew Carr
C - Amari Williams

Bench:
G - Travis Perry
G - Colin Chandler
G - Kerr Kriisa
G/F - Otega Oweh
F/C - Brandon Garrison

I personally prefer team one over team two, but I see what he's going for with both. Regardless of the outcome, I like the ideas behind his roster construction. With a full staff now and an upcoming full recruiting cycle to work with, I'm excited to see what future rosters look like.

We aren’t getting Smith unfortunately

Hopefully we can land Lanier or Richmond though
Oh I know! That's why this is hypothetical. From the information I've seen, team one was the staff's first choices. Just wanna compare what that team would have looked like to what we're probably gonna end up. It definitely makes a difference imo.

Reactions: LXWildcat
I can't answer the question, given I don't know much about all the recruits like many on here do.

I think Pope has done a great job given all the circumstances. But I don't see this team (as it stands today) as being a top 15 team. Maybe top 20. Not sure.

Of course, I hope I'm WAY wrong.

Reactions: ukpence
I can't answer the question, given I don't know much about all the recruits like many on here do.

I think Pope has done a great job given all the circumstances. But I don't see this team (as it stands today) as being a top 15 team. Maybe top 20. Not sure.

Of course, I hope I'm WAY wrong.
I don't think our current roster is a top 25 roster either. Could they by the end of the season? Absolutely! Just not sure I'm sold yet just by the names. I'm keeping hope though! I do however think our initial choices would have easily been a top 25 team. It's why I wanted to compare them.

Last edited:
Oh I know! That's why this is hypothetical. From the information I've seen, team one was the staff's first choices. Just wanna compare what that team would have looked like to what we're probably gonna end up. It definitely makes a difference imo.

Even with option 1a, I'd like to see one addition stretch PF and possible addition of SF Will Riley (who has been mentioned as a possible reclass from 2025 to 2024).

That would fill 12 scholarships... then if someone unexpected comes available late, it's just bonus.

Reactions: ukpence
Even with option 1a, I'd like to see one addition stretch PF and possible addition of SF Will Riley (who has been mentioned as a possible reclass from 2025 to 2024).

That would fill 12 scholarships... then if someone unexpected comes available late, it's just bonus.
I can definitely agree that the second team (options 1a) needs more to make it truly competitive, even with Robinson. I like Will Riley a ton, but would he be willing to come off the bench? If so, then I think that's your stretch four. As you mentioned, I just personally want an elite three man. If we can get that then I feel as though both rosters are close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT