ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Monk: ''Yall gone see me in bud walton''.

He’s from there and grew up and Arkansas fan.

He’s probably kinda messing with the Arkansas fans that treated him like trash and borderline death threats when he committed to UK. Like “yall ready to finally see me in bud Walton?” Since they were mad they didn’t get to watch him play there.

He’s from there and grew up and Arkansas fan.

He’s probably kinda messing with the Arkansas fans that treated him like trash and borderline death threats when he committed to UK. Like “yall ready to finally see me in bud Walton?” Since they were mad they didn’t get to watch him play there.
Yep, he has every right to give Ark fans a hard time considering how they treated him, even though he grew up one of them.

I’m nearly appalled when I read some of the stuff people type on social media.

People that make life changing money and were somehow accepted into higher learning institutions, without any ability to write and communicate.

I feel this when I read a Vince Marrow tweet too.

Oh well. Run fast and jump high I guess.

I mentioned this in another thread days ago. It's been a while since I've seen a UK player actually attempt to represent KY (yes, there are a few, Oscar being one). Players used to stick their chests out and hold the jersey out... Monk was not one of them, as far as I remember. The first few teams with Wall, Boogie, Davis... they were more of a band of brothers. The past 5-10 years, it's been even more like a band of mercenaries. What was a symbiotic relationship at first (you win, Cal will get you to the NBA) had morphed into KY being a stepping stone with no player concerned if they won a single game or not.

And likewise, I barely remember any of the players who have been through here the past few years.

I mentioned this in another thread days ago. It's been a while since I've seen a UK player actually attempt to represent KY (yes, there are a few, Oscar being one). Players used to stick their chests out and hold the jersey out... Monk was not one of them, as far as I remember. The first few teams with Wall, Boogie, Davis... they were more of a band of brothers. The past 5-10 years, it's been even more like a band of mercenaries. What was a symbiotic relationship at first (you win, Cal will get you to the NBA) had morphed into KY being a stepping stone with no player concerned if they won a single game or not.

And likewise, I barely remember any of the players who have been through here the past few years.
The teams shifted to a band of mercs starting with the 2018 team. After that it shifted to me first. The 2009-2017 teams repped UK. 2009-2015 does for sure.

Why does this bother anyone? I mean some of the reactions from ex players and UK fans alike act like Cal is 35 yrs old? He is at the end of the line. This isn't going to last long and as soon as the next coach is hired, you'll not even give a ****.

Old people love to think "change" is going to energize them. When you are old, tired, and don't have the fight to want to work as hard--you seek things you think will motivate you to "get it back". Cal always wins the offseason-the actual season wears his old ass out.

What we're about to see folks is that very few of the players that came through Kentucky under Cal were here for Kentucky. They were here for Calipari and the NBA stepping stone he provided in his "players first" mantra. We all suspected it throughout his 15 years, but where these kids go to "hang out" post-Calipari/Kentucky will just confirm our suspicions.

I want kids to come to us for Kentucky, but also for the coach and their styles. Not just for a "coach" that puts their NBA futures a priority #1 and winning second.

I'm actually surprised more of his players haven't said more than they have.
At the end of the day if they turn on Kentucky and the fan base then that speaks volumes about why more than one team never won sh**.
Only playing for Cal and the name on the back of their jersey.
Good riddance to any ex UK player who doesn't appreciate the fans that made UK the place it is. Without BBN it ain't nothin but an empty trophy case, empty arena and an empty suit named Kalipari.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm actually surprised more of his players haven't said more than they have.
At the end of the day if they turn on Kentucky and the fan base then that speaks volumes about why more than one team never won sh**.
Only playing for Cal and the name on the back of their jersey.
Good riddance to any ex UK player who doesn't appreciate the fans that made UK the place it is. Without BBN it ain't nothin but an empty trophy case, empty arena and an empty suit named Kalipari.
Kyle Wiljter deleted a tweet of him wearing a photoshopped UA ersey lmfao.

I haven't forgotten Malik Monk sitting on the bench laughing during a loss at Florida. Said all I needed to know about his character. He can take his goofy butt out to Arkansas and stay there.

Reactions: TexKat and CROCAT
The teams shifted to a band of mercs starting with the 2018 team. After that it shifted to me first. The 2009-2017 teams repped UK. 2009-2015 does for sure.
Maybe the ones from the past few years are not very proud of their accomplishments!? GO CATS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT