ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky Hank

blubo

All-American
Nov 20, 2014
Being a big fan of better call saul and breaking bad i watched the first episode of bob odenkirk’s (saul) lucky hank, hoping for another great series. hugely disappointed. it seemed like a not so funny tv sitcom. hopefully it will pick up speed and become interesting. i’ll give it a few more looks.

3ufcig.jpg

Being a big fan of better call saul and breaking bad i watched the first episode of bob odenkirk’s (saul) lucky hank, hoping for another great series. hugely disappointed. it seemed like a not so funny tv sitcom. hopefully it will pick up speed and become interesting. i’ll give it a few more looks.a

Agreed. I have it set to record and watched the first one last night. There was a couple scenes I thought were good but overall it had a feel of NBC/ABC/CBS sitcom. Hoping it changes.

Reactions: blubo
Agree, watched 1st episode and didn't grab me. Will give it an episode or 2 more

Was not a fan of the first episode, but I'll give it another chance. If they want to improve the show, they should bring Mike on. He was the best character on Saul. And he was great on Breaking Bad too.

Reactions: blubo
Was not a fan of the first episode, but I'll give it another chance. If they want to improve the show, they should bring Mike on. He was the best character on Saul. And he was great on Breaking Bad too.
Mike does appear in several episodes. So do Fring and hector salamanca. Walt and Jesse make short appearances.

Reactions: ekywildcat
The show basically morphs into BB 2.0 by season 4. It's well written and well acted as you would expect. It's a slow burn early but well worth the watch

Sad to hear this is show is so-so.. BB and BCS were master class television.

Who knows, it might just take time to take off. It is based on a book, right? It's not always easy to put literature to TV. Where as I believe BB and BCS were written for the show it self.

Midway through the first episode.. I love it so far.

Some good dry and sarcastic humor. Several moments had me audibly laugh. Odenkirks character might as well be twin brother of Saul Goodman (or at least a very close relative), good supporting cast, several already had some solid moments.

Surprised to hear people didn't like it. I have no idea if this show has much staying power, as it's not a drama.. but the first episode was very solid IMO. Maybe if they give Odenkirk some superpowers and a cape people will get a boner for it, but I'll take it as is and see where it goes.

Plus I love how this shows the dickish side of teachers and higher education. The whole college he works at is filled with pretentious asses and I feel like all these people could be real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT