ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw

westerncat

All-American
Feb 19, 2012
Very disappointed in his playing . Watched him last night and he is not even a 1st round pick IMO. Looks lost and gets pushed around a lot. Can't keep his arms up on defense. He needs to come back for another year but I don't even thank that will happen or if it would help him.

Reactions: bIhawk and catben
I was very unimpressed with him last night watching in person. No shot blocking ability for a guy that tall, tends to be passive on rebounding, and always out of position on defense on the blocks. It was like he was somewhere else other than the game last night. He needs some of that dawg fight Cal always talks about.

Very disappointed in his playing . Watched him last night and he is not even a 1st round pick IMO. Looks lost and gets pushed around a lot. Can't keep his arms up on defense. He needs to come back for another year but I don't even thank that will happen or if it would help him.
Do we really have any Top 15 picks, they all need to return, minus Tre and Reeves. Then we can make a real run for #9

We get all the overrated, overhyped ones for some reason. Except reed. It’s almost like some don’t even give a shit and are just here to make $ and go pro. Hmmmmmmm

Reactions: bIhawk
I (once again) correctly predicted Bradshaw's struggles (like I did others that most of you thought would be great OAD FR: Collins, Boston, Montgomery), he was/is obviously too thin & weak. But I admit, I was wrong on Edwards.

Reactions: bIhawk
Has definitely been a major disappointment. To be honest, kind of shocked as well, seeing as how well he played against Penn and UNC (did a really nice job against Bacot).

I thought for sure, with his length, he would be the rim protector we need.

But geez, it's like the guy can't jump. He plays so small for his size.

Not saying he had to be AD defensively, but AD was a twig the one year he played at UK. AD could actually jump though. Something, apparently, Bradshaw can't do.

He is the worst 7 footer I’ve ever seen at rebounding. He had FREAKIN ZERO last night. That is pathetic.

If Cal is going to continue to bring in these Klutch kids, at least make sure they can ACTUALLY play the game at a high level. What sucks is seeing how deficient Bradshaw and Edwards have been when they were blown up to be game changers for a year!!!

Ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
I understand it takes time to get used to the college game and what not. My disappointment stems from Bradshaw seemingly not getting a lot of lift when he jumps and he’s a poor rebounder for someone his size.

But he won't.

Reactions: westerncat
That's complete nonsense. Every one of these guys are trying hard. They are Freshman and Bradshaw and Edwards were overrated.
I’m of the belief that their coach isn’t utilizing them properly or putting them in the best positions to succeed. Also has instilled a belief that the name on the back of the jersey is the only thing that matters.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Z should be getting bradshaws minutes at this stage. We know what we have with Bradshaw which isn’t much, if anything at all. Not a single rebound last night in 9 minutes. Z is already on par with Bradshaw and probably better. Didn’t do anything eye popping last night but he is still adjusting and IMO when the light comes on for him he may just explode and be the difference maker this team will need in March. That’s not happening with Bradshaw. Z has to get around 15 minutes per game over these next 5 games and see where he stands after that. Not playing him at all in the 2nd half last night was just coaching malfeasance but that is really all we get these days with the $9M man.

He played 9 minutes because Ugonna was a beast. But typically, since UMass guys played 39 minutes a game, we don't rest guys for crunch time. It's cost us over and over and over again.

Reactions: jof2
This song and dance about how many minutes his UMASS players played is getting old. These players need more in-game rest.

Apparently, the entire "monster class" was completely overrated. What's the chance of that?
I don’t think anyone expected Edwards to give us next to nothing, but other than that, the scouting reports have been there since at least this time last year that this is a weak recruiting/draft year overall and that having the top class may not be a guarantee to dominate everyone. If you go back and look at some of the old threads, guys like Wagner and Bradshaw haven’t played too differently from how they were scouted. Some fans just didn’t look past the “top 10 player” label and placed outsized expectations on them.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Bradshaw kind of reminds me of Nick Richards, his freshman year. It took Nick three years to become the player he was for Kentucky. You could see the talent that Nick had. He just wasn’t able to put it together yet. To say Bradshaw is not talented is a farce. The kid is talented. He’s just not ready for this level basketball yet. I really doubt he stays around like Nick did but if he did, I believe that in time we would see his talent.

Not even a 2nd round pick

This is what frustrates me about our current system. We don't retain many guys. Cal recruits these top guys, and a lot of them just aren't as good as they appear once they get into college - and it isn't that they can't one day be really good, it's that they're gone after a single season, so we never get to see the development pay off for UK. We really haven't gotten a battle ready freshman in some time now.

Last edited:
Everyone of these freshmen need one to two more years minimum. But that’s not how it works at our NBA farm league program.

I was very unimpressed with him last night watching in person. No shot blocking ability for a guy that tall, tends to be passive on rebounding, and always out of position on defense on the blocks. It was like he was somewhere else other than the game last night. He needs some of that dawg fight Cal always talks about.
I have said for a while he is not real coordinated and his timing is really bad when defending/rebounding or going to block a shot.

He is tall and has great length but" not being mean at all" he is not a basketball player at all,

Edwards has basketball skills and its clear but he is extremely soft, that is his biggest issue imo

Reactions: westerncat
Take 1 or 2 proven scores from High School and the rest should be portal guys
We should have Knect from UT or Clayton from Florida
Get older guys who’ve proven themselves in college
What are we doing taking 18 yr old kids when we can buy the best team out there
They make straight cash at UK if they play hoops
What is Cal doing recruiting 6 high school kids ?

• Love
Reactions: qwesley and catben
Take 1 or 2 proven scores from High School and the rest should be portal guys
We should have Knect from UT or Clayton from Florida
Get older guys who’ve proven themselves in college
What are we doing taking 18 yr old kids when we can buy the best team out there
They make straight cash at UK if they play hoops
What is Cal doing recruiting 6 high school kids ?
spooot on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT