ADVERTISEMENT

scholarships left and who is likely?

I think on the Leach report they taped an interview from yesterday where Pope specifically called out a 3-4 type hybrid that’s a shot maker I think. Don’t quote me verbatim. A guy who can spell Carr and also get minutes at the 3(potentially even start there) makes a lot of sense.

Who that guy is? That’s a little harder to tell but someone like Kriisa came out of nowhere and even to a lesser extent Garrison.

IF available, Robinson is one, the other two or three, It is a guessing game. Lanier is a target, but he has many suitors.

I think Reed Sheppard might come back, I think vj edgecombe is going to follow brooks, i think Jaxson Robinson comes, and I think after all that happens, cooper Flagg ask out of his NLI and signs with UK.
Sheppard got an agent? The only realistic option is Jaxon Robinson. Only way VJ would come here is if he asks out. We can't contact him. Haven't heard that Flagg wants out? He plays like a typical dukie

Reactions: d2atTech
I think Reed Sheppard might come back, I think vj edgecombe is going to follow brooks, i think Jaxson Robinson comes, and I think after all that happens, cooper Flagg ask out of his NLI and signs with UK.

Animated GIF

• Haha
Reactions: wccat2969
Jaxson Robinson likely.
Jaylen Wells would be nice if he leaves the draft.
Lanier would be huge but I kinda not see him coming here.
Richmond I think goes elsewhere.
Poplar would be a good get.
Achor would be quality depth.
Then a large amount of depth pieces to choose from for the last spot.

Koby Brea 11 PPG 3 RPG 49% from 3 point
Lamont Butler 9 PPG 3 APG
Andrew Carr 13 PPG 6.8 RPG 37% from 3 point
Brandon Garrison 7.5 PPG 5.5 RPG 57% from the field
Kerr Kriisa 11 PPG 4.7 APG 42% from 3 point
Otega Oweh 11.4 PPG 3.8 RPG 38% from 3 point
Amari Williams 12.2 PPG 7.8 RPG 52% from the field

I have saw a lot of guys saying this roster just isn't good enough to compete but am I missing something? Based on last years stats we have 5 guys who averaged double figures and a couple averaged 7 rebounds per game. We have several guys who shot 37% or better from 3 and also several who were either defensive player of the year in their conference or at least on the all defense team and some did it multiple times. This also doesn't include any other players who we may add plus 2 freshman that are unknowns on how well they can compete at this level for now. We may not have the big names of some teams like Duke but those are guys who have proven themselves.

Koby Brea 11 PPG 3 RPG 49% from 3 point
Lamont Butler 9 PPG 3 APG
Andrew Carr 13 PPG 6.8 RPG 37% from 3 point
Brandon Garrison 7.5 PPG 5.5 RPG 57% from the field
Kerr Kriisa 11 PPG 4.7 APG 42% from 3 point
Otega Oweh 11.4 PPG 3.8 RPG 38% from 3 point
Amari Williams 12.2 PPG 7.8 RPG 52% from the field

I have saw a lot of guys saying this roster just isn't good enough to compete but am I missing something? Based on last years stats we have 5 guys who averaged double figures and a couple averaged 7 rebounds per game. We have several guys who shot 37% or better from 3 and also several who were either defensive player of the year in their conference or at least on the all defense team and some did it multiple times. This also doesn't include any other players who we may add plus 2 freshman that are unknowns on how well they can compete at this level for now. We may not have the big names of some teams like Duke but those are guys who have proven themselves.
Good enough for what?

To make the NCAA tourney? Maybe

To be a top 25 team, SEC contender? Doubtful

Robinson would be a huge help. I have no idea where any scoring is going to come from other than Brea. On paper this seems like a team that is going to struggle to get to 70

Pope had a massive challenge and I think did a solid job but let’s not act like this is a great roster.

Every very good to great team has at least one to two elite studs. Maybe one of these guys will be that but I’m not sure who it is.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Jaxson Robinson likely.
Robinson and TJ power wouldn’t be bad adds to close out the roster

Good enough for what?

Robinson would be a huge help. I have no idea where any scoring is going to come from other than Brea. On paper this seems like a team that is going to struggle to get to 70

Pope had a massive challenge and I think did a solid job but let’s not act like this is a great roster.

Every very good to great team has at least one to two elite studs. Maybe one of these guys will be that but I’m not sure who it is.
Carr averaged 13 ppg, Oweh averaged 11 ppg, Krisa ppg

Good enough for what?

I don't think as it sits anyone says it is a great roster. I mean anyone who expected a final four contender team to get thrown together this late in the game has to be the fans that the media says we are....unrealistic. I think if this is a team that makes the tournament, gets a favorable draw and wins a game or 2 then it is a success. I think one great player and we easily have that. If you add 2 top transfers then you are looking at a possible final four caliber team with the right draw.

Reactions: chroix
I don't think as it sits anyone says it is a great roster. I mean anyone who expected a final four contender team to get thrown together this late in the game has to be the fans that the media says we are....unrealistic. I think if this is a team that makes the tournament, gets a favorable draw and wins a game or 2 then it is a success. I think one great player and we easily have that. If you add 2 top transfers then you are looking at a possible final four caliber team with the right draw.

I think we’re good as is if it gels right. People are stuck in the must have five stars to win mentality. It’s going to take a while for them to figure out what those five stars are worth in college vs three years later in the NBA.

How I hate NIL. Free scholarships and NIL money. Just make no sense to me. Pretty soon we are going to be able to trade player's mid-season.
You probably are joking to an extent but I'm not so sure that reality isn't in the near future. They will be made employees of the school first though. It's going to be a mess in the next 5-10 years. But good for the players I guess, make that cheddar lol

Achor Isn’t going anywhere to be a quality depth piece. He comes here and he may be the best big in the SEC next season.

Achor is not going anywhere to be a depth piece. If he comes, hes

Achor Isn’t going anywhere to be a quality depth piece. He comes here and he may be the best big in the SEC next season.
Let's hope he comes to UK then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT