ADVERTISEMENT

LSU kinda robbed

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
They should have hit free throws but the due walked for NC State on that last shot. Also over the back on the previous tip. Bad no calls

Only saw it once but was that last basket touched? Or did he pull his hand back

He pulled the hand back and it was almost a walk, but looked like he didn't travel, and the blame on losing lies at the feet of LSU. Hit half your free throws down the stretch and you win.

Originally posted by canebreak:
They should have hit free throws but the due walked for NC State on that last shot. Also over the back on the previous tip. Bad no calls
No walk or over the back. LSU had inside position but state guy got to the ball up high and tipped it in. Thought it was over the back myself at first but on replay did not see it. Good play. LSU flat choked the game away 0-12 from the field and 0-6 from the line down the stretch.

12/22 free throws - including 0-5 in the last 2 1/2 minutes
dead.r191677.gif

Sorry, OP, but trhat's complete nonsense. The officiating was fine in that game. It was just a total choke job by LSU, they have no excuses or anyone else to blame but themselves.

I wouldn't care if the dude walked the entire length of the court. LSU didn't deserve to win that.

LSU missed their last 6 free throws, right? as well as a 1 foot shot near the end.
The eye test says CHOKE.
The statistical test says CHOKE.

Most obvious choke I have seen in awhile.

Originally posted by UK90:

Sorry, OP, but trhat's complete nonsense. The officiating was fine in that game. It was just a total choke job by LSU, they have no excuses or anyone else to blame but themselves.
LSU missed those free throws so its on them, but what if Cauley-Stein or KAT or Dakari had went up on Mickeys back to tap one in actually two wonder what the call would have been.

Better title for this thread would be LSU kinda choked. Except that would be kind. It was a Big Time CHOKE!! Hell, a decent YMCA team could hit a couple free throws.

Go check The Dagger on Yahoo for frame-by-frame of the final shot (don't know how to post links). Abu hits it on the cylinder. Should have been waved off

Yes, LSU choked, but they were robbed as well

LSU handed NC State the combination to the vault and said, take it all. If you call that being robbed, then they got robbed.

To miss the last 12 shots of the game and the last six foul shots is handing the game to NC State. The only thing they did't do is gift wrap it.

I never feel bad for a team that missed the last 5 freethrows to basically seal the win. You reap what you sow. They blew it

This thread is a good example of how hard it is too referee basketball .Having a comfortable lead and losing rthe game can be attributed to a lot of things. Blaming the coach or refs is just the easiest way to explain it away. Of course missing half of your free throws contribute also.

But we would not have anything to discuss if it was all that cut and dried..lol.
wink.r191677.gif
Its fun isn't it?

They shouldn't have even been in the situation to choke, so no excuses.

Originally posted by AGEE11:
Go check The Dagger on Yahoo for frame-by-frame of the final shot (don't know how to post links). Abu hits it on the cylinder. Should have been waved off
Umm, NO, that Yahoo slow replay above very clearly shows he did NOT touch it.

Amazes me the way fans will always find a way to blame the refs in close losses. Looks to me like the refs did a fantastic job getting the calls right down the stretch of the game, yet here we have folks trying to blame them anyways.

This post was edited on 3/20 11:19 AM by UK90

LSU has no one to blame but themselves but I could swear it looked they could have had an over the back on the final shot rebound.

Originally posted by AGEE11:

Yes, LSU choked, but they were robbed as well
He never touched it in the cylinder. I looked at it frame by frame. His hand got within maybe 3-4 inches of the ball but no closer. He never touched it.

Originally posted by KentuckyWildcat4Life:
No OP, that was a pure choke job there.
Absolutely. Blew chance after chance to put it away.

as an LSU hoops fan, choke job. plain and simple. from jones down to the 7 guys who played. never had a doubt that n.c. state would get back in the game. been that way for that program since dale brown to present.

LSU choked and puked that game.

You are the nation's #1 prospect and you choose to go to play for Johnny Jones??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT