ADVERTISEMENT

LOVE the technical foul on Richards

Didn’t see the first part of the game. Can someone tell me which ref called the technical?

I missed the start of the game like many did and did not see the T on Richards

Video of Richards' technical over at KSR.

I checked out KSR and didn't see the full exchange. But I did go back and watched the early part of the game on ESPN 3 replay. (It occurs early in the game with 19:02 left in the 1st half.) They show a close-up on Richards woofing while the whistle is blown so it doesn't show exactly which ref called the tech. But Bilas during the replay says that "Robert Baker" made the call.

Presumably he meant Robert Felder, who is a ref who this is his first UK game. (If someone who was at the game can confirm that would be great.)

Robert Felder UK Page

FWIW, I don't have an issue with the call. I think the woofing was excessive and deserved a T. I was just wanting to know who called it for my records.

I checked out KSR and didn't see the full exchange. But I did go back and watched the early part of the game on ESPN 3 replay. (It occurs early in the game with 19:02 left in the 1st half.) They show a close-up on Richards woofing while the whistle is blown so it doesn't show exactly which ref called the tech. But Bilas during the replay says that "Robert Baker" made the call.

Presumably he meant Robert Felder, who is a ref who this is his first UK game. (If someone who was at the game can confirm that would be great.)

Robert Felder UK Page

FWIW, I don't have an issue with the call. I think the woofing was excessive and deserved a T. I was just wanting to know who called it for my records.

No good camera angle. Not at game. It was called from near half court. Where Felder was manning.

Last edited:
Cal and the whole bench were yelling about a bad call so I guess they just gave the T to all of them.
Knox went in for a close in shot and no foul was called although it looked like a mugging to me. Almost immediately the ref t'd up the bench. Prolly mostly Cal and some others were yelling about the call..

Last edited:
Cal and the whole bench were yelling about a bad call so I guess they just gave the T to all of them.

The technical is assigned to the bench in the official records, regardless of whether it was aimed at the coach or someone else. Typically it's called because of what the coach said. If it's someone else it's usually clear who it was.

The technical is assigned to the bench in the official records, regardless of whether it was aimed at the coach or someone else. Typically it's called because of what the coach said. If it's someone else it's usually clear who it was.

Whatever...

He cant afford to do that in the ncaa tournament. He shows how passionate he is about dunking....and that is welcome but remember Humphries bouncing the ball.........and got t'd...

I was at the game Carl Hess called the one Richards.

Thanks. It just seems really strange to me that Bilas would say “Robert Baker” on-air as he certainly knows who Karl Hess is, but then looking back one of the Harvard player’s names is Robert Baker so must have been talking about him?

I liked it because it showed fire. Richards looks like someone who's probably very quiet off the court, like Poythress. Body of super elite big man with a mentality on the court not quite as big. That dunk in traffic over a defender and then letting said defender no about it 30 seconds into the game tells me he's coming out of his shell in a big way.

Richards is the only big man in college basketball that could take Marvin Bagley. Richards reminds me alot of Jamal Magloire with his attitude and play, can not wait until he finally gets to where he can play 30 mins a game..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT