ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville To Face NCAA Appeals Committee Today

A ruling coming down on the 13th day of the month,just doesn't have a good feel to it.If it were UNC I'm pretty sure they would ask for it to be delayed a day or so and the NCAA would be happy to do that for them.

Maybe the NCAA is so angry with unc they are going to hammer Louisville.

Not sure how it all works but I thought they had asked ul to identify the games were there was participation by ineligible players. Those wins were to be vacated. Seems to be a cut and dried issue.

Just heard (take it for what its worth).. the banner is staying and there may be more scholly reductions and they are now talking about the possibility of another post season ban for UofL.

Here is a link to the live updates

cant imagine trying to defend the fact that they provided prostitutes to minors and coerced them into sexual acts, just repugnant

"Coerced"?! Unless some of those boys was "catchers", I don't see how you can coerce a male to have sex. Maybe "pressured" would be a better term. Or they were catchers.(gotta be inclusive. I don't want to be considered homophobic, or cis-nazi or whatever else dumbass term snowflakes come up with)

Reactions: KYCAT78
Just heard (take it for what its worth).. the banner is staying and there may be more scholly reductions and they are now talking about the possibility of another post season ban for UofL.
This would be a UL fan's wet dream.

I can see this as something the NCAA would do in order stir the water as little as possible.Make some middle ground ruling to try and leave wiggle room for them(NCAA) on both sides of the issue.

I hope that UL,UK and NC St boards make some noise and maybe a few others will pay attention.Dan Kane needs to fire up his computer and write a story on this issue,Maybe Dylan could write a song(like Hurricane) about it:D

Those updates are gold....

40 minute segment....UL team comes out, sips coffee for 10 minutes, goes back in....no idea whats happening.

NCAA must be thinking...why is this guy hanging out in the lobby?

I predict they get a hefty probation, more reduced schollys and maybe, maybe another post season ban and that's it. whether right or wrong, thats what I think happens.

I think a lot of people here will be disappointed but it is more than UNC cheat even thought about getting.
unc cheat got off on a technicality involving academics. there's no comparability here as far as ncaa jurisdiction. ul is pretty much screwed.

Reactions: _Rooster
They(NCAA) might skate with the public as a whole to some degree on the UNC farce,but the NCAA lost a significant part of the core college basketball fans due to the treatment of UNC both off and on the court last year and with the ruling this year.Even that dirt bag Emmert went on record saying the NCAA was surprised at the blowback from the ruling.They reversed field on the NC St. kid because of public pressure and no matter how the UL ruling comes down they will get more blowback .The question is how much.
Replying to LOL at the use of "UL" and "blowback" in the same sentence. Not sure if intentional, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Aren't they just trying to struggle through till the next violation. :) it may never end. "lets get through this so we can get on to the next punishment" haha

It’s understandable why many here fear the NCAA will do nothing to UL. But ineligible players is a pretty clear cut rule, and that’s hard to overcome.
While I agree, Corey Maggette says hello.

I know, he was never officially ruled ineligible by the NCAA***, of course because it was Dook and K. But it illustrates the capricious and indecipherable rulings/non-rulings of that organization.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

you heard wrong
they can not add anything in the appeals

From the Louisville Scout board...

"Take this for what's it worth but I have an employee whose wife works in the President's office at Louisville. She is saying that the banner is safe and games won't be vacated but there may be extra scholarship reductions. That is the good news. The bad news is another post season ban has been discussed."

No I did not. I am.banned from any cardinal board

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
From the Louisville Scout board...

"Take this for what's it worth but I have an employee whose wife works in the President's office at Louisville. She is saying that the banner is safe and games won't be vacated but there may be extra scholarship reductions. That is the good news. The bad news is another post season ban has been discussed."
must be multiple people hearing this ....i guess I wasn't wrong. Doesn't mean I'm right or anyone else is for that matter. I was told by a fellow employee as well...

My question is, who is "leaking" the info? The damned meeting isn't even over yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT