ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville To Face NCAA Appeals Committee Today

2Adulterers

Senior
Aug 11, 2015
This is Lil Brother last chance to save their
2013 Title.If they cannot convince the Appeals board that they are not a rogue program then they most likely get hammered.I think they have 2 chances. None and Slim is on the road out of town.
The latest scandal isn't included in
Today's proceedings that will be handled at another hearing.It must be great to be a uavel fan :chairshot:

This is Lil Brother last chance to save their
2013 Title.If they cannot convince the Appeals board that they are not a rogue program then they most likely get hammered.I think they have 2 chances. None and Slim is on the road out of town.
The latest scandal isn't included in
Today's proceedings that will be handled at another hearing.It must be great to be a uavel fan :chairshot:

The latest scandal isn't included, but, you know it is in the back of the minds of those on the committee.

My prediction is now that they will end up not having to vacate the title or games played. They’re going to go in there and say “Look, we’ve just cleaned house. While in part Pitino and Jurich firings were based on a different situation, we now believe that they had knowledge of things and any penalties should be in the form of show cause orders against those two individuals and not the University because we are committed to changing our course as illustrated by firing these two individuals”. They’re gonna go in there and throw Pitino and Jurich under the bus. They’re gonna cry because their attendance is down and their season tickets are being refunded. I don’t trust the NCAA to do what is right after the whole UNC debacle. I just don’t think the NCAA has the balls to vacate a title. We shall see but that’s my bet.

My prediction is now that they will end up not having to vacate the title or games played. They’re going to go in there and say “Look, we’ve just cleaned house. While in part Pitino and Jurich firings were based on a different situation, we now believe that they had knowledge of things and any penalties should be in the form of show cause orders against those two individuals and not the University because we are committed to changing our course as illustrated by firing these two individuals”. They’re gonna go in there and throw Pitino and Jurich under the bus. They’re gonna cry because their attendance is down and their season tickets are being refunded. I don’t trust the NCAA to do what is right after the whole UNC debacle. I just don’t think the NCAA has the balls to vacate a title. We shall see but that’s my bet.
I predict they get a hefty probation, more reduced schollys and maybe, maybe another post season ban and that's it. whether right or wrong, thats what I think happens.

I think a lot of people here will be disappointed but it is more than UNC cheat even thought about getting.

Don't trust the NCAA either but how do you all of a sudden make those ineligible players eligible? There is no pathway for that to happen.

The strip shows and hookers were extra benefits all the players on the 2013 team were
Ineligible ible The Title will be vacated

I predict they get a hefty probation, more reduced schollys and maybe, maybe another post season ban and that's it. whether right or wrong, thats what I think happens.

I think a lot of people here will be disappointed but it is more than UNC cheat even thought about getting.
My understanding is you cannot add things in an appeals process, only reduce things.

Reactions: awf and tluck88
The strip shows and hookers were extra benefits all the players on the 2013 team were
Ineligible ible The Title will be vacated
If its not vacated, then you will be perma banned?? Care to make a wager?

Actually haven't you already done that before and reneged?

There is no way that will happen, mainly because they didn't change course and clean house until the pay for play scandal happened after this one. They was forced to do this with the FBI being involved and having evidence of coaches being involved with the mess. I believe you will see Louisville get hammered for this and the pay for play scandal. It's about to get really ugly.

Reactions: awf and UKWildcatT
There is no way that will happen, mainly because they didn't change course and clean house until the pay for play scandal happened after this one. They was forced to do this with the FBI being involved and having evidence of coaches being involved with the mess. I believe you will see Louisville get hammered for this and the pay for play scandal. It's about to get really ugly.

Agreed.

They know all about the slime pit down here With apologies to Archie Campbell the Appeal Committee asks the uavel lawyer "haven't you been up before us before?"
He replies "I don't know your Honor When do you get up!"
:chairshot::chairshot:

1441395598_2.png

I hope you are right, but like someone else stated I believe there is going to be a lot of disappointment here come next month when the final ruling is issued.

I also think the pay for play scandal won't be resolved for YEARS. Federal investigations drag on forever....and the NCAA likely won't take it up until the Feds are finished. Then that could drag on and on and on...but I hope you're right.

Reactions: Bobcat94

giphy.gif

Same way you automatically make academic fraud ok if all students are allowed to participate.

Who knows man...its anyone's guess at this point. NCAA rarely makes any sense

One difference: this is appeals, the punishment has already been announced. UNC, as much as I disagree with the result, was not as cut and dry as this one.

Why in the heck does it take so long for decisions to be made ? Everything is dragged out way to long now . You see something that is wrong you correct it. Is it because lawyers are milking their clients for all they can ?

I believe everything will be vacated....except for the title game. Miraculously, everyone was a good person on that Sunday and Monday.

It's difficult to predict what the NCAA will do, but even if they somehow "unvacate" the wins gained with ineligible players, that 2013 title and banner will be a stain on UL for the foreseeable future and a constant reminder of whoregate. And when you consider the other case with a coach caught red-handed on tape funneling money to a recruit and even acknowledging the probation...lil bro isn't getting off the mat for a good while.

Reactions: awf
It's difficult to predict what the NCAA will do, but even if they somehow "unvacate" the wins gained with ineligible players, that 2013 title and banner will be a stain on UL for the foreseeable future and a constant reminder of whoregate. And when you consider the other case with a coach caught red-handed on tape funneling money to a recruit and even acknowledging the probation...lil bro isn't getting off the mat for a good while.

It's loooieville...they could give a rats azz about stains..that would be a victory for them..The money they would have to pay back is the #1 thing they want changed...

the appeal is all about the dollas they would have to re-pay. wins mean squat, they can still gloat about a championship, but take all dat money back, watch em squeal

money-animated-gif-4.gif

Reactions: _Rooster
When you consider all the recent rulings and other issues such as corrupt officiating that the NCAA is willing to ignore or facilitate I really don't care what happens to UL. If they get off lightly then it is just more evidence that the NCAA is unwilling/unable to enforce their rules.If they hammer UL then it is evidence of selective enforcement and makes the NCAA look equally bad.The NCAA has done more damage to college basketball over the past couple of years than can ever be undone in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

The NCAA has no power to do anything anymore. The only power it has is if the school itself decides to take the NCAA ruling seriously. No school wouldn take anything they said seriously at this point because they would obviously lose kore than they would gain

UNC skated because both students and athletes took the fake classes. The only students at the stripper party we're athletes. Banner and wins will be vacated. In the Court of Public Opinion UL is a scumbag, NCAA will not go against Public Opinion.

UNC skated because both students and athletes took the fake classes. The only students at the stripper party we're athletes. Banner and wins will be vacated. In the Court of Public Opinion UL is a scumbag, NCAA will not go against Public Opinion.
lol @ NCAA doesnt go against public opinion.

Agree,the NCAA wants to be on the side of public opinion(see Penn St) but the NCAA is in a no win situation with the portion of the public that is interested in college basketball because of the UNC ruling,they painted themselves into a corner for the sake of UNC. There is no ruling in the UL case that allows the NCAA to save face with the college basketball watching public.

The NCAA is the most corrupt entity in college sports, how they judge anybody is beyond incredible. Who knows what kind of dirty deals they’ve made for or against UL , UNC found the right people to pay but I think UL is low on funds at the moment.

Agree,the NCAA wants to be on the side of public opinion(see Penn St) but the NCAA is in a no win situation with the portion of the public that is interested in college basketball because of the UNC ruling,they painted themselves into a corner for the sake of UNC. There is no ruling in the UL case that allows the NCAA to save face with the college basketball watching public.
I think the NCAA could skate on UNC because most fans really did not know or care about the fake classes. In the UL case most fans know about strippers and whores and find it unexcusable and NCAA will punish accordingly.

I think the NCAA could skate on UNC because most fans really did not know or care about the fake classes. In the UL case most fans know about strippers and whores and find it unexcusable and NCAA will punish accordingly.
They(NCAA) might skate with the public as a whole to some degree on the UNC farce,but the NCAA lost a significant part of the core college basketball fans due to the treatment of UNC both off and on the court last year and with the ruling this year.Even that dirt bag Emmert went on record saying the NCAA was surprised at the blowback from the ruling.They reversed field on the NC St. kid because of public pressure and no matter how the UL ruling comes down they will get more blowback .The question is how much.

When you consider all the recent rulings and other issues such as corrupt officiating that the NCAA is willing to ignore or facilitate I really don't care what happens to UL. If they get off lightly then it is just more evidence that the NCAA is Unwilling/unable to enforce their rules.If the hammer UL then it is evidence of selective enforcement and makes the NCAA look equally bad.The NCAA has done more damage to college basketball over the past couple of years than can ever be undone in the foreseeable future.

You mean the uncaa?

ADVERTISEMENT