ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville question

Brazarios brazilian steakhouse is also good and all you can eat.Matt winns is also good. But all these listed are good too
The Brazilian steak house at 4th Street Live is good, but strap on a food bag. There is a decent salad bar, but they bring the meat so fast and often and try to get you in and out, it is hard to enjoy all of the good food they have.

I was very disappointed the last 2 visits to Le Moo and in fact recently tried to make a reservation at Jack Frys for some outoftown guests and couldnt get a table. Settled for LeMoo and it was nearly empty and the food was very average. I have had 2 really good recent visits to Stony River. I eat out a lot. Dont sleep on New Albany....
The Stony River in St. Matthew’s was good the last time I ate there but it’s been a few years ago.

They dont offer Soy. Does Starbucks pay well enough these days for you to eat out? Sadly inflation caused by the failed Biden presidency is losing all the wage gains you little people gained under POTUS Trump.
As Biden says about inflation “we’re only getting started Bro.” Oh wait…

The Stony River in St. Matthew’s was good the last time I ate there but it’s been a few years ago.
There’s only 1 stony river in the summit.
The Brazilian steak house at 4th Street Live is good, but strap on a food bag. There is a decent salad bar, but they bring the meat so fast and often and try to get you in and out, it is hard to enjoy all of the good food they have.
that is brazarios. They give you a card that has a green and red side you can flip over at will. Green means keep bringing meat. Red means I’m good for now.

Nothing wrong with working in the service industry. People who talk shit about others’ jobs or salaries are the saddest people in the world.
Actually you don't understand my post or whom it is I am talkin ish about. It is their ideology not their profession. Those who look down at us and call us deplorables and worse. Those who actually work rather than demand handouts.

Actually you don't understand my post or whom it is I am talkin ish about. It is their ideology not their profession. Those who look down at us and call us deplorables and worse. Those who actually work rather than demand handouts.
He understood it just fine. You thought saying I worked at Starbucks was a put down. That’s how you meant it.

He understood it just fine. You thought saying I worked at Starbucks was a put down. That’s how you meant it.
Starbucks has meaning. The activist nincompoops with degrees in gender studies and, if male, wear manbuns and drink soy lattes. They complain about their student loan debt from their worthless degrees and want the rest of us to pay for them. So yes, the newly unionized Starbucks baristas who think they are opressed and need a union like a Ford or Steel worker ....yes Starbucks has meaning and is its own insult.

Too many chain restaurants being mentioned in here. Go local. You can get shitty Ruth Chris in lots of cities.

Not seen anyone mention Repeal. Great steak. And if you like bourbon, they have a great selection as well.

Last edited:
Too many chain restaurants being mentioned in here. Go local. You can get shitty Ruth Chris in lots of cities.

Not seen anyone mention Repeal. Great steak. And if you like bourbon, they have a great selection as well.
That one is new to me. Tell us more.

That one is new to me. Tell us more.
As above poster said, downtown in Hotel Distil.

Strip and Ribeye are great. Wife always goes with a filet and she could cut it with a spoon.

Sides are family style. Whipped potatoes and cream Spanish are my go to's. They are both great

Would highly recommend the Wedge salad as a starter. Big ass thick piece of bacon laid across the top. French onion soup is also really good.

They also bring out bread that is really damn good.

Bread pudding is the move for dessert.

If you don’t like those who don’t work weird that you don’t like people who work at Starbucks for unionizing.

Heading to Louisville, Indiana 😜 next weekend for an AAU tournament and wanting to get a good steak. Looking for some suggestions…
Live there, as many have said Jeff Ruby's has rep for the best(bring your wallet), Pats is an old school place very good and my favorite, Le Moo and Jack Frys.

I agree that Ruth's Chris is nothing special or "local." Same for Morton's or Ruby's. That is why I wouldn't suggest an out of town guest to try those. Le Moo is local but really has gone down hill IMO. And of course the downtown dining scene, prior to Covid and the riots, is a different issue entirely. So I am cautious about NuLu and Whiskey Row until our hapless city leaders get their shit together. So for 'safety' sake I'd go with a solid Jack Fry's...... and Stony River depending on where they are staying.

I also would tell the foodies out there, take a ride across the bridge to New Albany and even to Jeffersonville. Several very nice places such as Brooklyn and the Butcher.

If you don’t like those who don’t work weird that you don’t like people who work at Starbucks for unionizing.
LOL. Unions are for those who actually roll up their sleeves, work hard and build stuff. Not for Theater Arts Majors with purple hair, a chip on their shoulder and desire to be deemed oppressed. So the notion that an entry level job of 16year olds there you pour overpriced hot liquid into an expensive cup and your hardest chore of the day is asking ones pronouns.... No. Unions are for workers, not for snowflakes.

LOL. Unions are for those who actually roll up their sleeves, work hard and build stuff. Not for Theater Arts Majors with purple hair, a chip on their shoulder and desire to be deemed oppressed. So the notion that an entry level job of 16year olds there you pour overpriced hot liquid into an expensive cup and your hardest chore of the day is asking ones pronouns.... No. Unions are for workers, not for snowflakes.
Lol viewing labors issues through the lens of your idiotic culture war obsessions is very 2022. It’s the sign of someone who’s been suckered into the kayfabe of online, performative culture war BS from both sides. Enjoy wasting your time with that junk. It’s designed to get you angry but never end.

It's kinda hilarious when people act like downtown Louisville is such a dangerous and scary place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT