ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fans already projecting a title next year

Well, in all honesty, they should be really good. But Duke was supposed to be the great this year, too, and we see how that turned out.

Reactions: MO_Blue
As crazy as it sounds Wichita State may end up being the favorite next year. Return 100% of their team and most of the top teams from this year will be losing a lot. I think this incoming freshman class is a lot like the 2012 and 2015 class, meaning upperclassmen teams should have more of an advantage than usual (think about how experienced the teams in the final four were last year).

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
C7U153KWwAAkoy4.jpg

As crazy as it sounds Wichita State may end up being the favorite next year. Return 100% of their team and most of the top teams from this year will be losing a lot. I think this incoming freshman class is a lot like the 2012 and 2015 class, meaning upperclassmen teams should have more of an advantage than usual (think about how experienced the teams in the final four were last year).
I thought they lost two seniors?

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
1) May get smacked with another year of probation.

2) Donovan Mitchell had been first round in some of the mock drafts . Coach Cal would have him move on, coach P will likely advise him to stay- you know- to work on his "point guard skills" or however he phrases it to guilt his players to come back another year.

But if he did stay- they would certainly be one of the favorites in the acc next year.
Since they only stand to lose a couple non critical personnel I believe.

It's only going to get worse for the Cards.

Mitchell will declare for draft.

NCAA sanctions will come out soon

I even heard Adel was looking into leaving early (like our Briscoe - you shake your head and say why but they just have it in their head).

Wow. Usually this is when they start their annual "We will beat Kentucky next year" talk, but they're really reaching for the stars this year.

Well, in all honesty, they should be really good. But Duke was supposed to be the great this year, too, and we see how that turned out.

I was saying all summer-fall-winter that Duke was not going to be great. Good yes, great no. They had no PG, they had only 2 good defenders, and were slow. They would score, but would not defend.

UL will be really good next year. Possibly #1 pre-season. This year's UL team (unlike most seasons) did not seem to have players that were such punks that they were easy to hate. Now I don't pay as much attention to UL as many UK fans. But even though he was like their 6th or 7th guy, the player I think could be their best guy next year is Mahmoud.

They do a lot of projecting. Truth is they have a really hard time winning outside the Yum center when playing quality opponents. They're O'fer for the ACC tourney.

I thought they lost two seniors?

Yes, but both are walk ons. John Robert Simon averaged 4.2 mins a game and averaged 1.1 point, Zach Bush averaged 2.5 mins a game and .4 points. Neither played in the game today.

So basically they are returning 100% of the team we just played. They should be scary

Lynn Marshall will drink to that, but, let's be honest, apparently she will drink to anything. [roll]

Yes, but both are walk ons. John Robert Simon averaged 4.2 mins a game and averaged 1.1 point, Zach Bush averaged 2.5 mins a game and .4 points. Neither played in the game today.

So basically they are returning 100% of the team we just played. They should be scary
I thought Mathiang was a senior?

Wait, I see above someone says he was granted a 6th year, but speculation is he'll leave anyway.

Point 1, they do appear to be loaded, but if some or all of Mathiang, Mitchell, Adell and Mahmoud leave, things will be different.

Point 2, Pitino has complained all year that this bunch - "although they are great kids" - have two characteristics that prevent them from really being great. First, they don't have much basketball IQ. Second, they don't communicate. Those two things don't typically change with experience.

Mitchell on the news saying he will be back. What's pitino paying those kids?

Mitchell is projected as a 1st round pick. He really needs to jump to the league while he can. Have him ask Grayson Allen. He was a potential Top 15 pick, yet chose to return to Duke. Now he is projected for the middle of the 2nd round. He listened to his coach and it cost him a lot of money.

They should automatically post " wait until next year" every March. Would save then some typing and spell checking

My favorite Cardinal quirk is how they spend the entire recruiting cycle crapping on OADs and praising Pitino's model of developing four-year players ("I just really enjoy getting to know the guys," "I love how X is totally L1C4"), then in the preseason talk up their rank 50-100 incoming freshmen as starters, and then spend the rest of the season complaining when they don't perform like lottery picks, complaining that Pitino is benching them, and complaining that Pitino doesn't recruit well.

How can people simultaneously believe so many contradictory things? Answer: denial.

They're all arguing over if VJ King will transfer, which I find hilarious because when they signed him he was supposed to come in and start at their 3 spot

Didn't Pimptino say "we aren't losing anyone"? Take that Mathiang, Hicks and Levitch. And isn't Adel projected 1st round?

Well they do play in the best basketball conference in the history of sports. It prepares them much better than all the pathetic teams like the SEC has to offer. It's almost a slap in the face to make them play in a tournament setting with peasant teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT