ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like today is the Day for McDaniels to Decide

This is a big commitment probably the difference between contend for a final four and being the clear cut favorite to cut the nets down

If we are competing for a final four than we are also more than capable of cutting down the nets as well.

The favorite doesn't always win in the college bball so I'm ok with not being the favorite.

If we have a final four caliber team, I like our chances.

I disagree with this...

I think that McDaniels will struggle quite a bit next season because of his lack of strength and limited motor.

I'd still love to have him, but he won't be a star next year wherever he goes.
Agreed. This committment just cements that Cal is officially and by far back on top of the recruiting game again

Reactions: stenchymouse
aa797dcd4cdc7787914f6864a7422032.png

This tweet won't matter either way once the kid decides. Just the guy likely having some fun/pushback against all the bombarding of people seeking insight/info from him. Whenever/wherever the guy decides to go, wish him well and either time to get work, or onto the next one. This stuff always matters more when in the moment and especially in the Spring/late recruiting cycle where less players are still deciding.

I disagree with this...

I think that McDaniels will struggle quite a bit next season because of his lack of strength and limited motor.

I'd still love to have him, but he won't be a star next year wherever he goes.
Excellent point. There is absolutely no way McDaniels could get stronger on a college monitored nutrition and workout schedule. He will get constantly tossed around just like Davis and Noel.

Agreed. This committment just cements that Cal is officially and by far back on top of the recruiting game again
Calipari has never left the top. Our coaches don’t take improper payments from shoe companies, which is a strength not a weakness. That reduces the pool of players Calipari recruits, ultimately in UK’s best interests. Can you imagine what this board would look like if it was known the FBI had a wiretap of a UK coach discussing improper payments for players?

Heard Archie Miller was spotted in Washington today.

Did Indiana make a late move?

Reactions: TFCats11
He'll have to do it as a wing, because he's going to struggle around the basket.

I don't think that he's nearly as strong or aggressive as Knox was.

If he comes to UK, I hope I'm wrong!

Obviously we'll find out in 6 months.
He has plenty of time to get stronger. Just get to UK like now!

I think all he meant by the tweet was once he decides nobody will care about the trainer anymore. Don’t think he meant only one schools fans will follow him.

Reminds me of Alex Legions Mom

Calipari has never left the top. Our coaches don’t take improper payments from shoe companies, which is a strength not a weakness. That reduces the pool of players Calipari recruits, ultimately in UK’s best interests. Can you imagine what this board would look like if it was known the FBI had a wiretap of a UK coach discussing improper payments for players?
What is an improper payment from a shoe company that a coach can accept?

Best movie ever made.
“Your death therapy cured me you genius.”

"I'm sailing, I'm a sailor"

"Cock-a-doodle-doo"

"There are two types of people. Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't."

"You think he's gone? He's not gone. That's the whole point! He's never gone! "

If we are competing for a final four than we are also more than capable of cutting down the nets as well.

The favorite doesn't always win in the college bball so I'm ok with not being the favorite.

If we have a final four caliber team, I like our chances.
We can be like Indiana and cut the nets down for showing up.

What happened to the thread about McDaniels from earlier today by the first time poster? Deleted by mods? What I found interesting that all responses were 'liked' by wildcatdonf.....??? :sunglasses:

He seriously hasn’t made a decision yet? Jfc

Were you expecting a decision by now? It's only 2pm in Seattle right now.....and they've repeatedly denied there would be any announcement today...so maybe they do it at 12:01 tomorrow morning to mess with people and back up their assurance it wouldn't be today.

Just having some fun....I don't know anything other then what I've read here about this recruitment.

Nothing has to be reported to the media. Everything can happen behind the scenes and he just shows up on campus. He can decide without letting anyone know except the college.
Which if you read about him you would already know this is true. Said he would just show up on campus without any announcement hoopla

He'll have to do it as a wing, because he's going to struggle around the basket.

I don't think that he's nearly as strong or aggressive as Knox was.

If he comes to UK, I hope I'm wrong!

Obviously we'll find out in 6 months.
McDaniels is also at least 30 pounds lighter than Knox was when he came here. That is a big difference, with implications for his game early in his career. These threads about heavily worshipped high school players are always misleading. Inevitably you get posters praising a player’s game like he is the 2nd coming because of his star rating. But seldom have they actually seen the player play! Stenchymouse is mostly right here. McDaniels has great length and excellent athletic tools, but he is skinny and not especially quick for a guy who will have to play on the wing at times. Kevin Knox was a strong player who rebounded, played solid defense, and knocked down tough shots. McDaniels will score from midrange. But until he gets stronger, McDaniels will get pushed around. He is not quick enough to defend on the perimeter in the SEC, but not strong enough to defend in the block. McDaniels is a combo forward with scoring skills who gets fatigued easily, which explains why some observers believe his “level of effort” is inconsistent. If he comes to UK, which is what he will do if he is smart, Calipari will use him right and develop him as a scorer and rim protector. But McDaniels will struggle with the strength and physical skills of other bigs. This is a player that will be night and day better in February than November. Would like to see what Calipari can do with his tools and length.

Reactions: stenchymouse
I'll go ahead and post up the 3 relevant memes to sum up every UK fan's day.

This one reflects our current state:
well-were-waiting-gif-1.gif

This one will be us if McDaniels cometh:
zEGGig4.gif

And of course we'll need this one if he goeth:
tenor.gif

It is actually kinda sad once you realize these three simple gifs basically represent our only emotions for the day. LOL.

He doesn’t have to sign a LOI he can just sign financial papers which don’t have to be by May 15th

Ayfkm?? I’m done caring about this past today if it doesn’t leak out for Christ sakes. If he’s at summer workouts or whatever outstanding time to watch baseball

McDaniels is also at least 30 pounds lighter than Knox was when he came here. That is a big difference, with implications for his game early in his career. These threads about heavily worshipped high school players are always misleading. Inevitably you get posters praising a player’s game like he is the 2nd coming because of his star rating. But seldom have they actually seen the player play! Stenchymouse is mostly right here. McDaniels has great length and excellent athletic tools, but he is skinny and not especially quick for a guy who will have to play on the wing at times. Kevin Knox was a strong player who rebounded, played solid defense, and knocked down tough shots. McDaniels will score from midrange. But until he gets stronger, McDaniels will get pushed around. He is not quick enough to defend on the perimeter in the SEC, but not strong enough to defend in the block. McDaniels is a combo forward with scoring skills who gets fatigued easily, which explains why some observers believe his “level of effort” is inconsistent. If he comes to UK, which is what he will do if he is smart, Calipari will use him right and develop him as a scorer and rim protector. But McDaniels will struggle with the strength and physical skills of other bigs. This is a player that will be night and day better in February than November. Would like to see what Calipari can do with his tools and length.
Good points but I think Knox was average at defense at best.

In the past 3 or or 4 years few if any of these recruits have lived up to the hype that they came in with,some have gone on to be good players in the NBA but they never scratched their potential here(even the ones that stayed 2 years) There hasn't been a Wall, Cousins or Davis since.........Wall,Cousins or Davis.

It is more about capturing the spotlight with your announcements and making a media splash.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT