ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for 2 tix for Illinois St.

Not looking for great seats.
Have family from out of the country that have adopted BBN as their own. Just want to take 1 of them to a game at Rupp.
They are huge fans and I want to show them the real thing.
giphy.gif

We’re gonna have to start covering up sections with advertising tarps at Rupp, e.g. USC’s Coliseum…especially the student end zone benches. No one wants to sit there anymore.

We’re gonna have to start covering up sections with advertising tarps at Rupp, e.g. USC’s Coliseum…especially the student end zone benches. No one wants to sit there anymore.
The end seats blow anyway. I like Memorial's set up better.

Hard to fill up such a huge stadium for basically no name games. When we are playing a rival or top 10 team, the place is rocking.

In my opinion, season ticket holders should be held to attending so many games with only a percentage being able to be sold. Not fair that there are people waiting and we have “fans” that don’t attend nearly what they should.

We can’t bitch about a lack of attendance when season ticket holders are selling tickets to games they don’t want.

I think I'v e got a friend with 2 in section 215 Row H , if they are still available

Just go to ticketmaster. Plenty of re-sale tickets available. I thought I even saw a couple lower arena for $50 each.
Doubt that. For some odd reason, people think 200 for lowers for a scrub team is worth it.

Hard to fill up such a huge stadium for basically no name games. When we are playing a rival or top 10 team, the place is rocking.

In my opinion, season ticket holders should be held to attending so many games with only a percentage being able to be sold. Not fair that there are people waiting and we have “fans” that don’t attend nearly what they should.

We can’t bitch about a lack of attendance when season ticket holders are selling tickets to games they don’t want.
As a season ticket holder, I have tried to sell my tickets many times for under face value to some of these games simply because I couldn’t go with no interest from people. In fact some games I tried to give away with no luck. Trying to hold season ticket holders responsible for the lack of attendance is ridiculous. Season ticket holders are the only ones that seem to attend the games unless it’s a high profile opponent like Gonzaga. Seems to me the season ticket holders are the fans that can be counted on more often than not to be in the stands. I know I’m fortunate to have my tickets so I take full advantage of using them as often as I can.

Just go to ticketmaster. Plenty of re-sale tickets available. I thought I even saw a couple lower arena for $50 each.
Definitely haven’t seen that and been on Ticketmaster the last couple days pretty regularly.

4x together cheapest at the moment is upper behind the basket for $400 after fees 🤢. Love the CATS but that’s too much for me.

To be bluntly obvious, there's no way to actually schedule a Top 10 game every single time we play at home. It would be nice if Rupp could have a Kansas (16,300) or Duke (9,314) home atmosphere, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Rupp is just too cavernous to be as loud as the smaller arenas. It's the second largest NCAA basketball setup besides Syracuse (34,616). Rupp can get loud and does so on many occasions.

So, just take what we can get, and stop being aggravated by something you nor any of us have the power to change. UK will never move the season ticket holders from courtside.

Enjoy the ride! We are ranked in the Top 10, We have a good team this season that has a great shot at the Final 4, enjoy the season and relax!

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua
To be bluntly obvious, there's no way to actually schedule a Top 10 game every single time we play at home. It would be nice if Rupp could have a Kansas (16,300) or Duke (9,314) home atmosphere, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Rupp is just too cavernous to be as loud as the smaller arenas. It's the second largest NCAA basketball setup besides Syracuse (34,616). Rupp can get loud and does so on many occasions.

So, just take what we can get, and stop being aggravated by something you nor any of us have the power to change. UK will never move the season ticket holders from courtside.

Enjoy the ride! We are ranked in the Top 10, We have a good team this season that has a great shot at the Final 4, enjoy the season and relax!
Isn't Tennessee now larger than us too, after the Rupp remodel? I don't count Syracuse really since they play in a football stadium.

Isn't Tennessee now larger than us too, after the Rupp remodel? I don't count Syracuse really since they play in a football stadium.
Yeah, you're right. The page I was looking at was a bit outdated I am assuming. The Basketball capacity at Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678) They have an additional 1,178 more than Rupp (20,500) after the chairbacks were added reducing seating capacity.

Doubt that. For some odd reason, people think 200 for lowers for a scrub team is worth it.
When I checked there were 2 tics in sec 26 for 50 each. I couldn’t go so I didn’t bother. I’m sure they didn’t last long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT