ADVERTISEMENT

London

This is an on-going crisis in this state. Please keep all the political stuff in the political thread.

I'd like this to be actually treated as a crisis. Instead we have a backwoods mayor apparently lying about what occurred, a shooter on the loose, and I am not sure where the hell the Feds or Homeland Security are. Is KSP equipped at all for this scenario?

Meanwhile we have MAGA Freddy blaming illegals, some weird guy blaming me for making fun of them and a whole lot of sanctimonious bullshit.

Basically, the entire shenanigan is a great example of how ****ed up this society is.

Reactions: UK-BILL
You came to a UK sports site to learn the latest about a manhunt in Kentucky?

THAT is weird.

I was just interested in the thread. Maybe seeing if anyone heard anything new or interesting considering someone from the area could post here given that mostly Kentuckians likely post here.

Instead I find a bunch of papaws crying about immigration because a white guy shot some people. Makes zero sense.

If you want to bitch about immigration, there’s a very sane, very reasonable 16000 page thread at the top of the Paddock.

Reactions: UK-BILL
I just wonder how long they are willing to keep the schools closed. The search could end tonight or it could take months/years.

I do know there are a lot of people who are concerned with them going back before he is caught.

I was just interested in the thread. Maybe seeing if anyone heard anything new or interesting considering someone from the area could post here given that mostly Kentuckians likely post here.

Instead I find a bunch of papaws crying about immigration because a white guy shot some people. Makes zero sense.

If you want to bitch about immigration, there’s a very sane, very reasonable 16000 page thread at the top of the Paddock.

Are you crying because the thread did not go as you predicted or wanted? Always a good image. 😝

On the first page there are multiple posts about how we should have sensible gun control. I brought up the invasion of our Southern border as to why I don't want gun control. And I mentioned it in the context of an occasional wacko shooting innocent people is probably going to be the price we pay for that. I'd feel differently if we cared about not being invaded.

Yeah, I read through most of the thread solely because Mega was butching about white old guys and realized that I too have been contemplating a firearm due to the events in our country.

To me, illegal immigrants flowing across our country, the flow of fentanyl that comes with, the crime (yeah any crime from illegals is arguably crime that should have been stopped at the border), and the costs of illegal immigration should not be a political discussion. The fact it is just that is as scary as the border problem.

Defending criminal behavior has become commonplace today.

Yeah, I read through most of the thread solely because Mega was butching about white old guys and realized that I too have been contemplating a firearm due to the events in our country.

To me, illegal immigrants flowing across our country, the flow of fentanyl that comes with, the crime (yeah any crime from illegals is arguably crime that should have been stopped at the border), and the costs of illegal immigration should not be a political discussion. The fact it is just that is as scary as the border problem.

Defending criminal behavior has become commonplace today.

Whether or not some of you are too dense to understand my sarcasm, this post is a good example of why mass shootings in this country have become a parody, especially on the internet. No discussion of victims. No discussion of actual root causes. Hell, in this case, we have almost zero information on motive or victims. So where does the attention go?

The first thing the pundits do is ask what the race of the shooter was or their political leanings. Not as an attempt to triage the problem, but to use it as political propaganda. Within a few posts of this thread, the attention was moved to illegal immigrants. How mad were some of you when the shooter turned out to be white?

Think about how ****ed up that question is.

You all want the truth about mass shootings? Nothing is ever going to be done. Our country is neutered from any type of pragmatic realism. I think it was JD Vance who said that mass shootings should be accepted in the same way natural disasters are accepted.

Sadly, I agree with him. It's never going to change. We just wait for the next sacrificial lambs to be slaughtered and that's the reality we have.

Whether or not some of you are too dense to understand my sarcasm, this is why mass shootings in this country have become a parody, especially on the internet. No discussion of victims. No discussion of actual root causes. Hell, in this case, we have almost zero information on motive or victims. So where does the attention go?

The first thing the pundits do is ask what the race of the shooter was or their political leanings. Not as an attempt to triage the problem, but to use it as political propaganda. Within a few posts of this thread, the attention was moved to illegal immigrants. How mad were some of you when the shooter turned out to be white?

Think about how ****ed up that question is.

You all want the truth about mass shootings? Nothing is ever going to be done. Our country is neutered from any type of pragmatic realism.

(1) I did not read your post, sarcasm or not.

(2) I have not read every post, but it seems race was injected by the pissies who got upset the thread did not go their way.

(3) there was not a lot of information, even you posted in the other thread a misinformation evidently promoted by the mayor. A sniper in the woods shot drivers. What motive do we know to discuss, chief?

(4) The immigrant problem (a real thing to most people) was raised as a reason why some poster wants his guns in light of the ever popular call to outlaw or hyper regulate firearms when some whacked person does something with a firearm. Pull your panties out of your political crack and get over it.

(1) I did not read your post, sarcasm or not.

(2) I have not read every post, but it seems race was injected by the pissies who got upset the thread did not go their way.

(3) there was not a lot of information, even you posted in the other thread a misinformation evidently promoted by the mayor. A sniper in the woods shot drivers. What motive do we know to discuss, chief?

(4) The immigrant problem (a real thing to most people) was raised as a reason why some poster wants his guns in light of the ever popular call to outlaw or hyper regulate firearms when some whacked person does something with a firearm. Pull your panties out of your political crack and get over it.

Your first three points have no substance.

On four, in other words, immigration was brought up as a distraction because like all other mass shootings, the topic of gun control will be brought up and illegal immigration was intended as a distraction from that subject. Stop giving excuses.

But, here's the sad thing. Illegal immigration is about has relevant as the actual proposed solutions because the actual solutions to mass shootings are actually that far from reality. So, I guess in that way, we may as well talk about baseball.

On the first page there are multiple posts about how we should have sensible gun control. I brought up the invasion of our Southern border as to why I don't want gun control. And I mentioned it in the context of an occasional wacko shooting innocent people is probably going to be the price we pay for that. I'd feel differently if we cared about not being invaded.

You don’t want any sensible gun control laws because there are illegal immigrants in this country?

Are you crying because the thread did not go as you predicted or wanted? Always a good image. 😝
You’re reaching. I don’t care. I just think it’s funny that any discussion here eventually turns into politics and it’s the same 6-8 people hijacking everything.

And, you’re being an obtuse asshole again. Very un-Christlike, holy man.

Reactions: assistbyhawkins
You’re reaching. I don’t care. I just think it’s funny that any discussion here eventually turns into politics and it’s the same 6-8 people hijacking everything.

And, you’re being an obtuse asshole again. Very un-Christlike, holy man.

I think your attack on my faith demonstrates your lack of sincerity with regard to your politically biased rant. Others engaged in a discussion with which you politically disapprove and you went on the goofy race/age attack.

Good to know that in less than 4 pages of a discussion of an active shooter on 75 hiding from the law in Eastern KY like a literal movie, you political posters can manage to turn it into yet another predictable political masturbation session where you each make the same points you've been making to each other (without a lick of success, mind you) for at least a decade, some more.

You all may find that fascinating. It is literally repellant to other posters.

🤮

Last edited:
Could be wrong but I'm another one in the camp that Couch probably killed himself in the woods. From his warped pov, he had one goal in mind which was to kill random people Saturday evening. He failed. I'm not suddenly buying he's John J. Rambo in the wilderness, living off the land and making weapons out of branches.

IDK if this search is just excruciatingly slow because of the terrain or if this nutjob has Eric Rudolph elusiveness but there isn't shit about shit being updated on it.

This article details the various difficulties that the authorities are facing:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/10/us/joseph-couch-kentucky-search-difficulties/index.html

Craig Caudill, a wilderness education expert and director of Nature Reliance School, a Kentucky-based program located less than 80 miles from the area where law enforcement is searching for Couch, said that in this part of the state, Couch could also encounter black bears and venomous snakes.

Initially I'd hoped that he'd shot himself, but after reading the above article, I'm hoping that he ended up as a tasty treat for a black bear. Yeah, I know that it's debatable as to whether or not the black bear's the best bear -- there are basically two schools of thought -- but at this point I'd be content if he met a grizzly end of any kind.

FACT.

o6u9115qmmm71.jpg

Good to know that in less than 4 pages of a discussion of an active shooter on 75 hiding from the law in Eastern KY like a literal movie, you political posters can manage to turn it into yet another predictable political masturbation session where you each make the same points you've been making to each other (without a lick of success, mind you) for at least a decade, some more.

You all may find that fascinating. It is literally repellant to other posters.

🤮
You’re welcome.

I personally like the superintendent of Pulaski County Schools, but I think he (as well as the Somerset and Science Hill school districts and Somerset Community College) made a mistake in not calling off classes yesterday. A lot of parents are irritated, and I get why.
I get people are nervous, but why would you shut down schools but leave everything else open? Seems like this guy has it out for adults and not children.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
I think the play is to keep the school open but give a blanket excuse to any parent who wants to keep their kid home for the week.

Could be wrong but I'm another one in the camp that Couch probably killed himself in the woods. From his warped pov, he had one goal in mind which was to kill random people Saturday evening. He failed. I'm not suddenly buying he's John J. Rambo in the wilderness, living off the land and making weapons out of branches.
While that's the likeliest outcome, imo, I don't think it is certain.

I'd like to know how impulsive this act truly was. I would not discount the possibility of him trying to make it look like he flew off the handle as a ruse. We don't know much about this guy -- just that he was in the Army reserves and that he had terroristic threatening charges that were dismissed because the witness stopped cooperating (which could mean a lot of things).

Without knowing more, it is hard to even form a rough portrait of what he might do.

Edit: if you listen to the clip above, the KSP trooper says they have found items of his that make them believe he is likely to be hiding out in the woods, thus that's why they are focusing the search there.

Last edited:
Have travelled that part of 75 all the time. When I found out where the shooting had happened, first thing I thought was that those were some serious woods. If he is dead someplace, it may take a very long time to find him. But you never know, he might be a Rambo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT