ADVERTISEMENT

Like our WR room but...

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
LSU and Southern Cal have receivers that are on a whole 'nother level. That game last night featured both WR corps making great catches and big plays and working their way open. Not sure which group was better because they were both outstanding.

We've got some good ones. Not sure any of them would crack the 2-deep on either team. That's how good they are, imo.

LSU and Southern Cal have receivers that are on a whole 'nother level. That game last night featured both WR corps making great catches and big plays and working their way open. Not sure which group was better because they were both outstanding.

We've got some good ones. Not sure any of them would crack the 2-deep on either team. That's how good they are, imo.
Its a shame we don't have any speed or talent in our receiving group. Lol!

Go Big Blue!

We definitely do not. That said neither does hardly anyone else. Thats also why the physical run game has to be important for us.

Its a shame we don't have any speed or talent in our receiving group. Lol!

Go Big Blue!
All I can say is you must not have watched much of the LSU/USC game. Both sides featured WRs who were big, physical, fast and made damn good catches in traffic. Again, not slagging on our guys - we have a very good, deep WR corps, better than most in my lifetime. But, those two teams' WRs are just better and many will be playing in the NFL (hell, LSU puts a stud or two WR into the league every year seemingly). Very few teams have the riches at WR that LSU and USC enjoy (maybe OH St the past year or two). But, our guys are dang good and played very well Saturday. We have nothing to be ashamed of, for sure.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
All I can say is you must not have watched much of the LSU/USC game. Both sides featured WRs who were big, physical, fast and made damn good catches in traffic. Again, not slagging on our guys - we have a very good, deep WR corps, better than most in my lifetime. But, those two teams' WRs are just better and many will be playing in the NFL (hell, LSU puts a stud or two WR into the league every year seemingly). Very few teams have the riches at WR that LSU and USC enjoy (maybe OH St the past year or two). But, our guys are dang good and played very well Saturday. We have nothing to be ashamed of, for sure.
Key is a technician, Brown is a speedster, and Maclin and Brown-Stephens are all purpose athletics. They didn't shine all that bright last Saturday, but they're as talented a crew as we've had since 2007, and we played nobody.

I'm not saying our guys are as good as the others, but we've got four outstanding wide outs. Maybe five. Farrier is growing on me.

I'll be interested to see how our guys perform against a decent SEC opponent.

Everyone has to like what we saw from Maclin.
He's an upgrade over Tavion Robinson IMO.
Tayvion was really good at getting open, just didn’t have someone that could throw him the ball. Do agree that Maclin is a stud, really gonna help us this year.

Key is a technician, Brown is a speedster, and Maclin and Brown-Stephens are all purpose athletics. They didn't shine all that bright last Saturday, but they're as talented a crew as we've had since 2007, and we played nobody.

I'm not saying our guys are as good as the others, but we've got four outstanding wide outs. Maybe five. Farrier is growing on me.

I'll be interested to see how our guys perform against a decent SEC opponent.
Re Farrier, I'll point out a comment made by SECN talking heads Sat: New UAB coach Trent Dilfer mentioned that he hated to lose Farrier saying, "We were going to build our offense around him." Dilfer was a Super Bowl MVP so he isn't exactly chopped liver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT