ADVERTISEMENT

"Cooper Flagg looks like a new balance man"

Princecal

Freshman
Dec 3, 2020
Apparently he just signed a deal with new balance and someone said:

"He looks like a new balance guy.
Sincerely, a 51 year old man currently wearing New Balance shoes"

I found it funny, it's the slow time of the year on here. Hope at least one other person gets some enjoyment out of it lol

Zoolander Blue Steel GIF

I hope new balance makes a comeback with the younger generation. They feel good on my lower back after the accident, but I’d prefer not being associated as being an old guy yet.

Signed,

An old guy.
They have been. They’ve done a lot of collabs with some of the most popular shoe designers and are very in demand. Salehe, jjjounds, Joe fresh goods, etc. I have received multiple compliments on my shoes from teens/young adults. Now if they are the white new balances or all black ones, no they won’t ever be hip.

My wife just bought me some MyDudes, I’m pretty picky about shoes but they seem to be comfortable for slipper type shoes.

I’m 41 and I wear new balance and have since I was in college. My son is 5 and he wears new balance shoes and apparel. The local high school baseball team wears new balance uniforms and I see high schoolers rocking 574s and 515s all the time. I think the days of new balance being for older folks are long gone.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
While I don't own any currently, the Marine Corp gave me New Balance go-fasters in boot camp and they did their job so I'll never dis them.

Reactions: csrupp
I have a pair of New Balance, which I’m assured by my kids are back in style.

I love Hokas. But I found they are actually too soft for some runs. Like running through sand. I like Brooks around the office or if I'm on my feet for a long day, but not a great fit for me personally while running. I like running in New Balance. For casual wear I'm all about zero drop barefoot shoes with toe splay. I LOVE Lems!! I haven't tried Zero Shoes yet. The Whitin/Hobibears aren't bad for a budget zero shoe. Dudes are pretty great too.

Go try on some Hokas. They are trendy w the young running crowd and they are insanely comfortable
They are like soft fluffy clouds for your feet.
And expensive.
There are 2 things that I have learned that spending the extra money to purchase once will make you realize there is a difference in quality. One is sunglasses and 2 is shoes. Once you buy a good pair of Brooks, Hoka, Saucony, etc then you will realize those $40 pair of Reebox from the Tanger Outlet store are not comfortable at all.

Reactions: EliteBlue
They are like soft fluffy clouds for your feet.

There are 2 things that I have learned that spending the extra money to purchase once will make you realize there is a difference in quality. One is sunglasses and 2 is shoes. Once you buy a good pair of Brooks, Hoka, Saucony, etc then you will realize those $40 pair of Reebox from the Tanger Outlet store are not comfortable at all.

My go-to phrase for this is, if it supports your body, don't go cheap on it: Shoes, Mattress, Tires

I love Hokas. But I found they are actually too soft for some runs. Like running through sand. I like Brooks around the office or if I'm on my feet for a long day, but not a great fit for me personally while running. I like running in New Balance. For casual wear I'm all about zero drop barefoot shoes with toe splay. I LOVE Lems!! I haven't tried Zero Shoes yet. The Whitin/Hobibears aren't bad for a budget zero shoe. Dudes are pretty great too.
Some of the higher end Saucony’s are great for running

Read a story on this with him and New Balance. There is a factory 15 miles from his house. His mom always went to a New Balance tent outlet and bought school shoes. New Balance headquarters is less than an hour from his hometown. He has always been a "New Balance" kid. I think the story was from Complex, but it has been about a week since I read it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT