ADVERTISEMENT

Levis hurt his shoulder last night

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Didn't look too bad and they have a bye week so coach decided to keep him on the sideline. The play he got injured on was diving for a first down early in the 1st quarter of Game #4. While I like the spirit and desire, he's more valuable to the team than a pretty meaningless first down that early in the game and in the season. He needs to be smarter about his body. Titans OL is not very good so he's gonna take plenty of hits this year. Can't hurt yourself for very little benefit. His coach should be telling him that every series, too.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
He was on the cusp of being benched anyway, I'm afraid. The possession prior to the injury he had another one of his signature "WTF" interceptions. He was ready to come back in and Callahan chose to keep him on the sideline the rest of the game. His coach has been screaming at him to protect himself better since the preseason. FWIW, he got a terrible spot on that play he hurt his shoulder and should have been given the 1st down.

I guess my point is I'm not sure how valuable the Titans actually think he is to the team right now. Callahan says Levis is still the guy after the bye week, but we will see. I'm not convinced that he won't go ahead and sit Levis and hand the keys to Rudolph at this point.

Reactions: K_TIME
You may be right. The INT was inexcusable. And he seems to have one (or more) like that every game here recently. Not sure the staff trusts Rudolph much, either, though. Threw < 20 times and most were short little tosses. Miami w/out Tua or 2nd stringer was no threat to score much last night but the Titans didn't try much of anything on offense. Probably wouldn't have with Levis, either.

Levis is a smart guy. Had good coaching at the college level. I'm sure he's putting in the necessary work and then some to be better. But, throwing dumb interceptions game after game is mind boggling. Is he so sure of his arm that he takes unnecessary chances? Is he still not processing quickly enough and makes very poor reads? Is he too hyped up and lets his excitement override his brain? A guy can play QB in the NFL for a long time if the mental part is down pat. Looks like Will still has a long way to go before he can confidently state that he's got it. And, he may be out of the league before that happens if he's not careful. Hoping for the best for him.

As I said in the other thread, I think Levis starts if healthy. Beyond this season, idk though. As other posters have said, he really doesn't fit this offensive scheme.

The said scheme has not impressed me to be fair.

Will Livas injured his shoulder

Reaching for the Mayo ? JK but I’ve told you all he isn’t a starting NFL QB . Let alone a top ten pick .

Reactions: Oboro95
I think the Titans are about to give up on the Will Levis experience. Myself, I think sitting the bench and learning while watching will help him. He just does not have a handle on the NFL game. He makes poor decision after poor decision. He has personally cost the Titans 2 losses with them. He is just ready to lead a team, hopefully he can put time in the film room and when he gets on the field make better decisions. he can't try to make hero plays every play, he has to learn discipline and take a sack or throw it away (not to the other team). See Sam Darnold as an example.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Will Livas injured his shoulder

Reaching for the Mayo ? JK but I’ve told you all he isn’t a starting NFL QB . Let alone a top ten pick .
hey man, why don't you take it easy or just sit a few plays out when we're talking about one of our own. Can't imagine gloating about one of our guys struggling.

Reactions: JC-3
1. Levis is playing terrible this year....he was actually better last year with less WR and Oline group.
2. Rudolph played better by simply protecting the football. Now Rudolph threw for 85 yards in 3 quarters....so he was essentially dinking and dunking. (that may easily be the worst football game played in NFL this season....dreadful product to watch)
3. Levis may be a big arm that can't make good decisions QB....who knows. But to bring in Callahan who wants to throw so many passes within 5 yards....the entire defense just sits on 10 yard or less routes.....just go get a Bo Nix if you wnat to dink/dunk your way. Levis has a cannon....so run the ball, play action, use his feet outside of pocket, 15 yard in routes behind Lber, etc....

Levis is going to lose his job IMO and Titans will be drafting high....and probably go QB is how this is panning out.

hey man, why don't you take it easy or just sit a few plays out when we're talking about one of our own. Can't imagine gloating about one of our guys struggling.
Just because someone dons the UK Jersey doesn’t mean we bow down to them . I’ve rooted my guts out for 98-99 % of all Cats but over the course of 50 years a few rub me wrong . Maybe I just need some of his sweat infused body soap or perfume ? Or some Hellmans .
That’s kinda my point Guy has always came across pretentious as heck to me .. and kinda “ fake tough “ yeah tough when the bright lights are on , tough when it earns him praise , but not willing to get dirty . Just an opinion

Last edited:
Just because someone dons the UK Jersey doesn’t mean we bow down to them . I’ve rooted my guts out for 98-99 % of all Cets but over the course of 50 years a few rub me wrong . Maybe I just need some of his sweat infused body soap or perfume ? Or some Hellmans .
That’s kinda my point Guy has always came across pretentious as heck to me .. and kinda “ fake tough “ yeah tough when the bright lights are on , tough when it earns him praise , but not willing to get dirty . Just an opinion
I'm not bowing down to him, but sure I'm a fan. To each their own. Guy that leads the team to only the 2nd 10 win season of my lifetime didn't rub me wrong in any way. We needed his attitude and fire, something we've missed from that position in a lot of ways. I just can't imagine patting myself in the back so publicly just to mock one of our own guys.

Damn you tender today ? I’m not mocking the guy , I don’t care for him , that mean I can’t speak my opinion ? Obviously not , at least in my book .. I don’t like Rondo either . Most do . Ok .

Damn you tender today ? I’m not mocking the guy , I don’t care for him , that mean I can’t speak my opinion ? Obviously not , at least in my book .. I don’t like Rondo either . Most do . Ok .
Nah man, not sensitive about it. The mayo comments and the fake tough guy stuff just don't seem necessary to me. But have at it hoss.

Reactions: BlueTick2
I'm not bowing down to him, but sure I'm a fan. To each their own. Guy that leads the team to only the 2nd 10 win season of my lifetime didn't rub me wrong in any way. We needed his attitude and fire, something we've missed from that position in a lot of ways. I just can't imagine patting myself in the back so publicly just to mock one of our own guys.

The guy went 17 and 7 here. How many other guys have won more games or more importantly have a better win percentage?

Uncle Google failing me but I'd say not many throughout uk history.

Reactions: STL_Cat
The guy went 17 and 7 here. How many other guys have won more games or more importantly have a better win percentage?

Uncle Google failing me but I'd say not many throughout uk history.
L Bowden went 6-2 , and only lost to UT on a last second play . 2019

Levis’s career is in hollywood and tv not the football field. He could be next Jessie Palmer? Tv attendances like good looking ex QB.

Minus the TO's he has looked sharp. But his turnovers are insane. I do hope he gets the time to work it out. He's got that brett Favre quality about him but if brett came through in todays game he would have been thrown away too early. These guys don't have the luxury of sitting behind the starter for a few years to learn before getting the reins.

Will dislocated his finger against his finger against ole miss. Don’t think he missed a play. Hurry his foot and tugged it out the rest of the year. Dude is tuff don’t understand the hate!!

• Wow
Reactions: blubo and STL_Cat
Will dislocated his finger against his finger against ole miss. Don’t think he missed a play. Hurry his foot and tugged it out the rest of the year. Dude is tuff don’t understand the hate!!
That was NASTY looking. Dude popped it back into place and kept going. Fake tough my @ss.

Imo he could've played. Was an easy out to let the staff sit him. Rudolph looked just as ineffective sans the stupid to's. Interesting with Rudolph they played physical football rather than throwing as much.

Playing in a game after dislocating a finger isn’t unheard of .. it happens . That was a display of some type of toughness . I’ll give him that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT