ADVERTISEMENT

Let's guess Top 12. Citrus may have slipped away.

SaguaroCat

All-American
Apr 27, 2008
1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Georgia
5 Ohio State
6 Oklahoma
7 UCF
8 Michigan
9 Florida
10 Washington
11 Washington State
12 Penn State
13 LSU
14 Texas
15 Kentucky

That LSU loss hurt. I think it makes Citrus Bowl 50/50 with Outback being the alternative.

Just hope committee rankings are different. And that Oklahoma beats Texas but does not make the playoffs. Then maybe LSU gets a NYD6 bid.

If Texas loses we move to 14, LSU could move below UK but I doubt it. Just dont see how we get to 12. Maybe if Utah beats the Huskies?

UCF won’t be in top ten. And I don’t see Georgia above Ohio St. Georgia probably gonna lose to Bama. Michigan might take a big drop after that beat down they took.

Citrus has been at every one of our games since the Miss. St win. They want UK. LSU will not bring the fans that we will, the Bowl teams KNOW this.

We have the same record as UF and LSU, so ANY bowl team can justify taking UK, even the Peach, if they want us.

Who do you see UK moving ahead of? Maybe W Va, Wash St, LSU? I'll be surprised if we move ahead of Wash St or LSU. That certainly doesn't get us to 10.
We will definately move ahead of W Va. LSU will be close but I think UK will by one spot.
Wazzou could drop below UK as well. Which would put UK at 12. Then if Ok beats Texas and Utah beats Wash UK could be back in the top 10 and a lock for a NY6 bowl.

I think we move ahead of West Virginia and Washington St...Washington St. lost at home by two scores to a lower ranked team. I think UK moves up to 13..but UK could move up another spot or two after the Conference Championships next week. We need Oklahoma to beat Texas.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
I say we go to 13 praying for a Texas loss and for Georgia to somehow beat bama yet both bama and uga mmaking the final four, it could happen, not likely

I think we move ahead of West Virginia and Washington St...Washington St. lost at home by two scores to a lower ranked team. I think UK moves up to 13..but UK could move up another spot or two after the Conference Championships next week. We need Oklahoma to beat Texas.
Stevie, no shot at UK moving ahead of LSU?

1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Georgia
5 Ohio State
6 Oklahoma
7 UCF
8 Michigan
9 Florida
10 Washington
11 Washington State
12 Penn State
13 LSU
14 Texas
15 Kentucky

That LSU loss hurt. I think it makes Citrus Bowl 50/50 with Outback being the alternative.

Just hope committee rankings are different. And that Oklahoma beats Texas but does not make the playoffs. Then maybe LSU gets a NYD6 bid.

So Mich, Washington St, and LSU loses, and possibly Texas loses to OK.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
A 7 OT loss on the road..I don't think we move in front of them. I actually think they'll be a spot or two in front of us still. Florida being ahead of us is the real crime..they lost to Mizzou by THREE scores at home two or three weeks ago..yet they'll be in the top 10 next week. What a joke.
Plus we beat them in the Swamp by 11 points. Its a travesty but if we had taken care of business in Knoxville all this would be a moot point. That loss is going to cost UK and the SEC millions of dollars.

even the Peach, if they want us.

All NYD6 bowls hands are tied by contract to take the highest ranked Top 12 teams available, unless conference affiliation or the G5 team gets in the way. The Peach has no latitude, and websites discussing it actually say the participants “are selected by the Playoff Committee.”

The Citrus has a LOT of latitude, and can pick whomever they want after the NYD6 Bowls are filled.

I think they take us, given our bowl traveling habits.

Only if West Virginia and WSU and/or LSU take a huge drop, and Oklahoma pounds Texas would we still have a shot at Top 12 status.

Reactions: jauk11 and catben
I’ll say...

1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Georgia
5 Oklahoma
6 Ohio State
7 UCF
8 Michigan
9 Washington
10 Florida
11 LSU
12 Washington State
13 Penn State
14 Texas
15 Kentucky

Texas looked like crap against a horrible Kansas team on the road. We looked great against a horrible Louisville on the road. We should be ahead of them this week without considering the Big 12 game. We definitely will pass WVU. The big questions are will Washington jump up past us and will LSU or WSU drop low enough for us to leapfrog them? I think we move up to 14th at worst and 11th at best (very longshot). Maybe the LSU win by Florida doesn't look as good now and they decide to move us up ahead of them. Doubtful, but I am just looking for every possible scenario that could help us. By the last playoff rankings I am guessing we are sitting at 13th and just out of the NY6.

There is absolutely no chance UK gets a G6 game.

G6:
1. GA
2. Okl
3.Wash or Utah
4. Mich
5. UCF or Boise St (top G5 champ)
6. FLA (no way UK jumps given ranked ahead already)
7. LSU (no way UK jumps given str of their losses and previous ranking.
8. Penn St or Wash St. Can’t be UK as we’d be playing another SEC team.

We still need to root for UGA to beat Bama . That will mean that Florida and LSU are G6 for sure and we get Citrus against Penn State which is best case scenario

I think Tuesday the top 15 will look like this. Then predictions after Conf Championship games

This Week After Conf Champ Games
1. Alabama 1. Alabama
2. Clemson 2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame 3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia 4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma 5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State 6. Georgia
7. Central Florida 7. Michigan
8. Michigan 8.Washington
9. Florida 9.Florida
10. Washington 10.Penn State
11. Penn State 11.LSU
12. LSU 12.Kentucky
13. Texas 13.Wash State
14. Kentucky 14.Miss State
15. Wash State 15. Syracuse

Texas looked like crap against a horrible Kansas team on the road. We looked great against a horrible Louisville on the road. We should be ahead of them this week without considering the Big 12 game. We definitely will pass WVU. The big questions are will Washington jump up past us and will LSU or WSU drop low enough for us to leapfrog them? I think we move up to 14th at worst and 11th at best (very longshot). Maybe the LSU win by Florida doesn't look as good now and they decide to move us up ahead of them. Doubtful, but I am just looking for every possible scenario that could help us. By the last playoff rankings I am guessing we are sitting at 13th and just out of the NY6.
Washington will not jump us the Pac12 is crap. We should be 12 or 13.

Washington will not jump us the Pac12 is crap. We should be 12 or 13.

It doesn't matter if Washington jumps us or not. It doesn't matter if the Huskies win the Pac 12 Title game and finish 7-6 with no ranking, they still get the Rose Bowl slot. The only way we get one of the CFP6 bowls is if:

- LSU and Washington St drop below us in the rankings.
- Oklahoma beats Texas but the committee still takes Ohio State for the #4 playoff spot.

That is it. If both LSU and Washington State stay ahead of us and Oklahoma gets the #4 playoff spot, we are screwed out of the Citrus Bowl.

My percentage guess right now:

- Peach/Fiesta.....5%
- Outback.....25%
- Citrus.....70%

Edit: They are NOT putting an 8-4 Miss State team that we dominated in the Outback Bowl ahead of UK. Sports Illustrated writers are drunk.

We still need to root for UGA to beat Bama . That will mean that Florida and LSU are G6 for sure and we get Citrus against Penn State which is best case scenario
Penn State in the Citrus would be a great matchup for UK. If not then the Outback. I know these matchups are not straightforward because of contracts, agreements, etc but I can’t see a 9-3 UK which was 2nd in the SEC East being sent to Nashville yet again.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It doesn't matter if Washington jumps us or not. It doesn't matter if the Huskies win the Pac 12 Title game and finish 7-6 with no ranking, they still get the Rose Bowl slot. The only way we get one of the CFP6 bowls is if:

- LSU and Washington St drop below us in the rankings.
- Oklahoma beats Texas but the committee still takes Ohio State for the #4 playoff spot.

That is it. If both LSU and Washington State stay ahead of us and Oklahoma gets the #4 playoff spot, we are screwed out of the Citrus Bowl.

My percentage guess right now:

- Peach/Fiesta.....5%
- Outback.....25%
- Citrus.....70%

Edit: They are NOT putting an 8-4 Miss State team that we dominated in the Outback Bowl ahead of UK. Sports Illustrated writers are drunk.
I agree we are getting Citrus or Outback.

You can root all you want but it ain't happening LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT