ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Cards!! 2013 edition

Originally posted by legalbeagle123:

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
If your going to say go cards atleast say St. Louis I despise them. I never thought I'd say this but I hope they beat the pirates tomorrow. Btw card fans how's jack Clark? How dare he accuse pujlos of using peds. Hell have the cards and Oakland a's were juicing under lurossa as manager.
Anybody wanna translate this to English?
confused0024.r191677.gif
Tony LaRussa's World Series Champion teams in Oakland and St. Louis have steroid links. Coincidence?

/translation

Wow, that was one hell of a tough loss. Pirates offense is just really, really bad. 1st and 3rd no outs...no runs. St. Louis has 5 or 6 guys that would be our 2nd best hitter, and a couple that would be our best.

Pitching wins championships, but when you are a weak hitting team you need to be able to come through in the clutch, and the Pirates simply cannot do it. Just hoping this loss doesn't spark yet another epic collapse.

Winning the division is one thing, but the Pirates currently have a 98.6% postseason probability chance. The Cards have a 97% chance and the Reds have a 94.3% chance (according to MLB.com). The division is still very much in play but the postseason looks very likely for all 3 Central teams.

Pirates' fans can probably go ahead and celebrate this season for whatever it ends up being, it's going to be better than the past twenty years.

Originally posted by wildcat1973:

Tony LaRussa's World Series Champion teams in Oakland and St. Louis have steroid links. Coincidence?

/translation
Thanks. Couldn't find a "Borderline Retarded to English" translator online.

3 team race...at least for now. Unfortunately the Cards are not playing nearly as well as the other 2.

I don't know if the addition of Yadi will be nearly enough to give us the boost that it seems like we need.

Crazy how we seem to never hit home runs anymore. May be just my perception, not sure of the stats, but it seems like we have to work awfully hard to score runs because we are playing small ball. Add to that, we don't really have too much team speed and small ball is pretty hard to play as well.

Still time to get it turned around, and although, im not big on hyping one regular season game as huge, getting the win today would sure be helpful.

Let's go Cards!! :)

Nice comeback win today......bullpen still concerns me greatly...Rosenthal has been giving up big runs for the last three weeks after being really good for 3 months.

Another nice comeback win last night. Not really on board with taking Holliday out in the 7th but it all worked out with a nice 2 run rally.

I have always liked Lohse but I hope we can take it to him tonight.

Nice series win vs the BrewCrew. On to the Braves!

Need a little more baseball tonight so flipped it over to DBacks & Reds.

I wonder if all those empty seats will be available when the Cards roll into town?

Aren't they in a pennant race? Sure wouldn't know it from the butts in the seats.

Allen Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what im talkin bout!!!!!

Cool stat if you're a Cardinal fan..

Since the DeWitts purchased the team in 1996 the Cards have won 57 postseason games.

In that same period, 1996 til now, the rest of the division has combined for 14 postseason wins.

Redbirds aint playing around...

If I was a manager of a team against St. Louis I would never pitch to Allen Craig with runners in scoring position.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Well, as much as last nights game sorta sucked, its exacty the reason I love major league baseball over the course of 162.

Going into the series, I looked at the first game as sort of a "throwaway" type game with Tyler Lyons going, and what happens? We win that one.

Going into the finale, while I knew anything could happen, but felt pretty good. After all, we had our ace going, right...and what happens?
10-0

its why you gotta love the journey of 162...the winning streaks, the losing streaks, the days you look like the best team in mlb, the days you get your butts handed to you 10-0.

its also why all 3 teams are still in the hunt for the division title.

Im gonna enjoy these last few weeks & hope like heck we can pull it out, because I don't want to be in that "1game or die" playoff game.

I don't think you have anything to worry abut despite last nights thrashing by the Reds. I'm a big Reds fan and realize that last night was an anomaly and not some trigger that the Reds finally figured out about the Cards. Yeah the Reds get 4 more against them next week in Cincy, but we know how the Cards last trip to Cincy went. What sucked about last night was the fact that I couldn't get comfortable until the lead was 9 runs, and even then I had it in the back of my mind that the Cards still have 7 innings left to get back in this. No lead is safe against the Cards. Cincy has struggled mightily against them all year. St. Louis has probably the easiest road left to the division title. If they get by Pittsburgh this weekend, it should be smooth sailing for them down the stretch, even if the Reds are able to split or win the series in Cincy, which is unlikely.

Cardinals trade a player to be named for John Axford. I thought starting pitching was what we needed right now. I guess this does free up Wacha to start.

Great sweep of the Buccos this weekend. With every team on the schedule below .500, except the Nationals, the last few weeks should be easier. Hopefully the Pirates and Redlegs can beat-up on each other and we can coast to a division title. Still a lot of ball left though, and a 1 and 2 game lead doesn't leave any breathing room.

Yep, gotta love spending the majority of the summer in 1st place, especially for a team picked 3rd behind the Pirates and the....well....you know.

Need a good series against the BrewCrew. Hopefully Miller gets things off on the right track tonight!!

What a great series & a CLUTCH sweep of the Nationals!!

One of the best part, the rookies.

5 pitchers on Wednesday, all rookies. Wacha with 8 & 2thirds of no hit baseball on Tuesday, a rookie.

All 3 saves in the series, by a rookie.

And a big HR on wed by Matt Adams, a rookie.

The future is bright!!

And to think just 2 years ago, in the middle of our World Series season, one of the posters on here, who is still here & stalking :) told me over & over as he trashed the Cards organization that season....."you have no one in your minor league system that any other teams even want!!" Ha, I wonder where all of these guys came from!!!
What a clown...

What a team, what a town, what a time!!

Love the atmosphere of playoff baseball!!

Originally posted by UK_WINS_NCAA:
Suck it Rex
Suck on that Jolly Roger

This post was edited on 10/9 11:57 PM by 3rex

This post was edited on 10/10 11:07 AM by 3rex

Originally posted by 3rex:

Originally posted by UK_WINS_NCAA:
Suck it Rex
Suck on that Jolly Roger

but, yeah, great win in a regular season game in April....really!

This post was edited on 10/9 11:57 PM by 3rex
Great comeback -- since the series went 5 games. Proud of the Bucs and they took the Cards to the wire and could have closed it out in 4. Win with class and lose with class.

24 games between Pitt and StL this year, and it was 12-12, with each team going 8-4 at home. I think StL had a total of 8 more runs scored than Pitt over the 24 games.

Doesn't get much more even than that.

Dodgers definitely scare me. Not looking forward to a series where we see Kershaw twice.

^ Very close. Interesting that for the most part that the games between the two clubs seemed to center around clutch hitting -- which the Cardinals were probably best in the NL this year at -- and starting pitching. Both teams received some outstanding SP across all their series.

Being a Pirates fan, the interesting/frustrating thing for me is that the Cardinals completely owned A.J. Burnett. That took one of the Bucs aces completely out of the mix.

Originally posted by *CatinIL*:
2-0 heading to LA...come on StL, finish it in LA and get ready for the WS!
Wainwright needs to get us up 3-0. Then I'll feel good about this series, really good.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
Originally posted by *CatinIL*:
2-0 heading to LA...come on StL, finish it in LA and get ready for the WS!
Wainwright needs to get us up 3-0. Then I'll feel good about this series, really good.
Yep, and the Redbirds need to get the bats heated up.

Anyone else having mixed feelings watching the Detroit/Boston series? I hate Boston but I feel they would be an easier opponent for either the Cards or Dodgers. (No one will catch me saying FOR THE CARDS until IF and when we win this series).

Our (the cards) offense has been scary bad so far, throughout the playoffs. pitching has been crazy good for all the remaining teams really. but our offense is worrisome to me right now going forward.

Our (the cards) offense has been scary bad so far, throughout the playoffs. pitching has been crazy good for all the remaining teams really. but our offense is worrisome to me right now going forward.

Game 6 baby!! Wacha v Kershaw rematch!! Sure wish I could be there but I was at Game 2 when Wacha won the duel 1-0 & my budget said "uncle" so I'll be watching tonight on the recliner after an afternoon round of golf.

Who knows what will happen, but I love our position. Up 3-2, going back to Busch, Wacha & Wainwright lined up. Gotta love it!!

I think we win tonight. We may close this thing out, we may not. At any rate, gotta love being a Cardinal fan!!

Let's hope we can scratch a run or 4 across early & see what happens!!

...and anxiously awaiting the next "most accurate article" out in the journalistic world of deadspin today while wondering to myself...."does anything say 'mental midget' more than the "most accurate article in a long time" coming from deadspin.com!!??"

:) :)

This post was edited on 10/18 9:48 AM by 3rex

This post was edited on 10/18 9:50 AM by 3rex

Those 18 teams that passed on Wacha have really got to be kicking themselves right about now.

World Series #19...pretty cool.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/cardinal-way-wins-out-over-mickey-way/article_4f7bdc14-c9e9-5ac1-be93-9234150f58af.html

good article by Miklasz in the STLPD.

couple good excerpts:

"Reality-TV America might not have liked it much, but the Cardinals sent Mickey Mouse, the Goofy in right field and the whole Disneyland cast of characters back to Southern California to begin their offseason grooming.

Main Street America is headed back to the World Series."

"The Cardinals continued their amazing run of success that resumed in 1996 when Bill DeWitt Jr. purchased the franchise and opened a prosperous new era of St. Louis baseball. In 18 years under DeWitt the Cardinals have competed in 116 postseason games, winning 64.

The Redbirds have won 16 postseason series, raised four NL pennants and have the opportunity to win a third World Series."

You are living in one of the greatest eras of St. Louis Cardinals baseball.

"I take a lot of pride in it," DeWitt said while standing near the champagne shower in his team's clubhouse. "I love the history and the tradition of this franchise, and to be able to be part of building it and add on to the great legacy with division championships, and pennants and world championships. It's just very rewarding."

Originally posted by 3rex:

World Series #19...pretty cool.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/cardinal-way-wins-out-over-mickey-way/article_4f7bdc14-c9e9-5ac1-be93-9234150f58af.html

good article by Miklasz in the STLPD.

couple good excerpts:

"Reality-TV America might not have liked it much, but the Cardinals sent Mickey Mouse, the Goofy in right field and the whole Disneyland cast of characters back to Southern California to begin their offseason grooming.

Main Street America is headed back to the World Series."

"The Cardinals continued their amazing run of success that resumed in 1996 when Bill DeWitt Jr. purchased the franchise and opened a prosperous new era of St. Louis baseball. In 18 years under DeWitt the Cardinals have competed in 116 postseason games, winning 64.

The Redbirds have won 16 postseason series, raised four NL pennants and have the opportunity to win a third World Series."

You are living in one of the greatest eras of St. Louis Cardinals baseball.

"I take a lot of pride in it," DeWitt said while standing near the champagne shower in his team's clubhouse. "I love the history and the tradition of this franchise, and to be able to be part of building it and add on to the great legacy with division championships, and pennants and world championships. It's just very rewarding."
Thanks for the link....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT