ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Cards!! 2013 edition

Something has to be done about the bullpen. The starters are doing an amazing job, and every game the bullpen nearly blows the game or does blow the game. Boggs is still horrific.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/joe-strauss/strauss-chris-carpenter-hopes-to-become-a-bullpen-fix/article_e081c722-425b-5565-8b0a-9c672ca99e4b.html

interesting article on 1 of the all time toughest Cardinals, Chris Carpenter. It seems he is working through what was thought to be a career ending injury in an attempt to get back soon & help the Redbirds bullpen.
Awesome stuff from an all-time great Cardinal. Here's wishing him all the luck!

Gotta love where the Cards stand....picked 3rd in the division behind Pittsburgh and the, well......... you know. Lost Carpenter, the ace of our staff. Lost our closer. 2 more key members of the bullpen now in AAA. Freese & Jay battling until recently just to get their batting averages above .200. No home runs yet from our cleanup hitter, Allen Craig....and yet we're hanging around! :)

Let's go Cards!! :)

This post was edited on 5/4 11:02 AM by 3rex

This post was edited on 5/4 1:32 PM by 3rex

I'm assuming we don't blow a 10-1 lead today against Milwaukee.....playing extremely well...Milwaukee had just won nine in a row, so to sweep them 4 straight at their place is huge....hopefully we keep the bats going in Chicago.....

Bullpen may finally be getting sorted out...starting pitchers have been fantastic....

GO CARDS!!!

4 game sweeps dont happen real often anymore...especially on the road. I think the BrewCrew were riding a 6 game winning streak when we came to town also.

Pretty cool...

Hopefully the offense keeps coming around. Loved watching C Martinez so far as well!

I have been a Cardinals fan for over 40 years. I have never seen this much starting pitching depth. Maness is with the big club. Martinez is up with the big club. Still have John Gast cooling his heels in Memphis and Wacha is mowing 'em down. I can see the club moving Kelly...some body is going to be odd man out, and Gast is a lefty. Shelby Miller is proving he was one of the best prospects in the minors. I can see Rosenthal staying in the pen, he has that big arm that can go to the well.

double post...my bad!

This post was edited on 5/9 3:55 PM by 3rex

All I can say is, Shelby Miller is a BEAST! Cards are playing fantastic ball right now. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Good win yesterday to cap off a nice homestand. The deal with Kyle Lohse was a little crazy, though. Barking at Oquendo & Molina because apparently he didn't appreciate the pitcher squaring to bunt then pulling the bat back as if to hit.

Gotta wonder if he is realizing that instead of accepting a $13 million dollar offer & staying with the Cards for another season, he is on a team going nowhere and frustruation is coming out a bit.

Looking forward to the West Coast! Although, with now 60% of our opening day starting rotation on the DL (Carp, Garcia & Westbrook).....and Johnny High Spikes coming back for the....well.... you know.... its likely to get tough.

Let's see what happens tonight against the Padres!!

This post was edited on 5/20 12:35 PM by 3rex

164985_461482753936216_924379715_n.jpg

that's what im talkin about....

Great win yesterday, coming back from 3-0 against Kershaw. Now on to KC to face Shields tonight.

Not sure how long the Cards can keep this up....Gast goes down with tightness in shoulder & heads to the DL, joining Carp, Westbrook, Garcia & Motte.
Not sure its reasonable to expect the Redbirds to keep calling up pitchers from the minors & see them perform at a major league level. But, who knows.

One things for sure, it sure is fun right now.

Maybe we end up where we were picked prior to the season, in 3rd behind the Pirates and the...well...you know. :)

For now, Im ready to watch tonight if the storms move out of KC!

Rain Delay tonight, hopefully they can find a way to get in at least 6 innings tonight for Wacha. I'm not expecting a ton from him yet but man it would be crazy for another Cardinal rookie to come in and get a win.

Please ship Boggs back to Memphis or trade him for future considerations he sucks.

Originally posted by kyfan606:

Please ship Boggs back to Memphis or trade him for future considerations he sucks.
yea, Im not a "blast the manager" guy, but I honestly thought it had to be a joke when they said on FSMW that he was coming in to pitch the 9th. Just a major, head scratching decision by MM. But, hopefully, they bounce back. Hate to see Wacha not get his first ML win after pitching brilliantly.
I expect Boggs to get sent back down. I didn't actually understand why he was brought back up since he struggled in AAA as well.

With all the Cards pitching troubles, 2 expected bullpen guys in the minors, 3 starters & the closer on the DL, its truly amazing where they stand.

Hopefully they put this one behind them & start another winning streak today.

Nice start to June. The world wonders where all this offense was against the Satanic Giants last October though.

Love it....Thom Brennamen, or whatever his name is, struggling to contain his giddiness as the Reds appear in position to win this one, starts to dog the Cards rookie relievers... "well, they've been good so far, but THIS series is primetime..." as if to imply that they would fold up....

then consecutive K's of Votto & Bruce by the rookie.... great call moron!

and the Votto K was sweet after his "hot dog" unnecessary behind the back play at first base...

still time for a comeback!

This post was edited on 6/8 9:47 PM by 3rex

Question... Does the home plate umpire or Bruce get the rbi's on that double? I know Bruce hit it, but the umpire blew the called third strike.

Originally posted by UKs#1fan:
Question... Does the home plate umpire or Bruce get the rbi's on that double? I know Bruce hit it, but the umpire blew the called third strike.
Yep, cuzzi is not doing us any favors this weekend between that & the blown call at the end last night.

Just tweeted by...

Buster Olney þBuster_ESPN 2h

"Bumped into a longtime scout over the weekend who had this observation: "Right now, Yadier Molina is the league MVP, hands down."

Very averaging looking team lately.

Also looking like the young guns' early success was fool's gold.

Hey Cards, and Pirates, fans!! See the advertisement below... The Reds have to beg people just to come to their games, apparently even against their "division rivals." Not surprising but it could be your gain!! If you live in the Cincy area, looks like a pretty cheap way to go cheer for the Pirates or Redbirds!!

division_rivals_pit_stl.jpg

This post was edited on 7/12 10:43 PM by 3rex

Originally posted by 3rex:
Hey Cards, and Pirates, fans!! See the advertisement below... The Reds have to beg people just to come to their games, apparently even against their "division rivals." Not surprising but it could be your gain!! If you live in the Cincy area, looks like a pretty cheap way to go cheer for the Pirates or Redbirds!!

division_rivals_pit_stl.jpg

This post was edited on 7/12 10:43 PM by 3rex
The Reds are well ahead of setting an all-time attendance record this year, so Im not sure of your point, 3tard. Ive never once claimed that Reds fans outdraw Cards fans.

But you enjoy posting about meaningless stuff. I especially got a kick out of your links about Yadi being the MVP again this year. LOL

welcome back to the St. Louis Cardinals thread assist :)

So apparently a mod took down my Reds thread, highlighting how half their fans are giving up, and the other half think they're shoo-ins for the WS...

That's just hilarious.

Bet I know which one it was.......

This post was edited on 7/26 11:50 AM by UNIVKY

Originally posted by UNIVKY:
So apparently a mod took down my Reds thread, highlighting how half their fans are giving up, and the other half think they're shoo-ins for the WS...

That's just hilarious.

Bet I know which one it was.......

This post was edited on 7/26 11:50 AM by UNIVKY
Half their fans??? LOL ok. Two people posted something, and that is half their fans. You sound like 3rex. Good one.

Two fans.....one posted one thing and the other posted another....that's half....i mean c'mon Assist, 2 fans.....that is the total Reds fan base...

wink.r191677.gif

I see my little stalker still can't get me out of his mind. :) Pretty funny stuff.

Was at the game last night. Lynn had men on pretty much every inning in the 1st half of the game, but was able to work his way out of it. And one good inning was all it took to get the sweep. Add to that, Beltran got the night off & some rest, and Holliday is set to come back this weekend, and Im looking forward to the final third of the season.

Hopefully we can continue to hang in there.

Good to see the Redbirds bounce back from the 7 straight losses with 2 good wins. Back to even in the loss column with the Pirates.

Right now, we control our own destiny & that's all you can ask at this point in the season.

Hopefully we can continue to get a few wins & hang on until Yadi returns.

No matter what happens, you gotta love the journey!!

If your going to say go cards atleast say St. Louis I despise them. I never thought I'd say this but I hope they beat the pirates tomorrow. Btw card fans how's jack Clark? How dare he accuse pujlos of using peds. Hell have the cards and Oakland a's were juicing under lurossa as manager.

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
If your going to say go cards atleast say St. Louis I despise them. I never thought I'd say this but I hope they beat the pirates tomorrow. Btw card fans how's jack Clark? How dare he accuse pujlos of using peds. Hell have the cards and Oakland a's were juicing under lurossa as manager.

Is it really that hard for you to identify/understand who "Cards" refer to on the Baseball Board?

Why would a Cards fan give a care what Jack Clark says? Personally, I don't. Pujols may have been on PED's. He may not have, I don't know. I have my opinion as Im sure do others. But Jack Clark throwing it out on the radio doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Reds are heating up, Pirates are staying the course, and the Cards have cooled significantly. Not a good combination for a Redbirds fan.

Here's hoping they can start to right the ship vs the Pirates! I plan to be there Thursday for the day game so I hope its a good day & maybe a series win.

Anybody wanna translate this to English?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Originally posted by legalbeagle123:

Anybody wanna translate this to English?
confused0024.r191677.gif
:)

If I understand correctly he wants me to change the thread title to "St. Louis I despise them." Seems like a crazy name for a thread supporting the Cardinals, but who am I to judge?

First off what the hell does legalbeagle mean anyways? Seriously, the cards thing was a joke. By all means root for your beloved cards. Personally, I don't care. I was simply stating that its ironic how many players were juicing under big Tony's watch. There is your damn translation but you may have to pull your head out of yadi's ass (sp? Do not care) to understand why I'm saying btw what the what the hell is an illegal beagle. Don't worry the cards will still choke again this yr worse than the reds give it time. Especially with your boy yadi being hurt with sand in his vagina.

Love getting that win, even if Marte somewhat giftwrapped it for us. It didn't look like we were able to take advantage of it even though we were threatening to in almost every extra inning.
Both teams down to 2 players & Chambers comes through.

Big difference in being down 2 or 4, with games against the buccos the next two days!!

Either way, ya gotta enjoy the ride, cause its always a fun one being a Redbirds fan!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT