ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Cards!! 2013 edition

3rex

All-American
Nov 3, 2002
Nothing like Opening Day!!

Hoping that Adam W has his stuff going tonight & the offense gets untracked early!!

Excited to see how young guys like John Jay, Allen Craig, Matt Carpenter, Matt Adams, Shelby Miller & Trevor Rosenthal do in the early part of the season!

Always great to be a Cardinals fan!!

Let's go Cards!! :)

Happy opening day, everyone! I hope it is a great day for all.
I'm not sure what to expect today from our 'feast or famine' redbirds since they scored 14 runs yesterday. Hopefully that trend will not carry over from last year. At least Waino gave the bp a good rest yesterday.
It certainly will be bittersweet without Stan the Man there today. I wasn't able to attend opening day this year but I will be there Friday and Saturday. Still, it is hard not to be in downtown St Louis right now.

I'll take a 3-3 road trip against Arizona and SF to start things off. That's 6 games out west already out of the way.

Atmosphere should be very special today with the Stan tributes. Envious of anyone who will be there.

Opening day at Busch is gonna be a great day! Wish I were there...the Clydesdales....the alltime great Cardinals on the field...and this year a tribute to Stan the Man...can't get much better than that.

Hopefullly we can get a "W" but, to be realistic we are playing a "Superteam" so we'll just have to trot our little guys out there & do the best we can. :)

Originally posted by 3rex:

Opening day at Busch is gonna be a great day! Wish I were there...the Clydesdales....the alltime great Cardinals on the field...and this year a tribute to Stan the Man...can't get much better than that.

Hopefullly we can get a "W" but, to be realistic we are playing a "Superteam" so we'll just have to trot our little guys out there & do the best we can. :)

And the count is now up to 42 times you have mentioned SuperTeam. Keep being 3tard, youre good at it. Hell, you cant even post in YOUR OWN TEAMS thread without mentioning the Reds. Its comical. Keep it up though, I enjoy pointing out what an idiot you are, and even your own fans on this board hate you.

Good luck this series, should be a good one!

And I fully expect a beatdown today. Jaime is 6-0 with a 2.11 ERA vs the Reds at Busch. 2-2 with an era around 5 a GABP. Opening Day, Jaime, Cards just beating the crap out of Cain yesterday. Dont like the Reds chances.

Ha, Garcia pitched solid, but the Reds have put up a 9 spot and still counting in the 9th.

I think someone did not hear me correctly when I said I wanted to see a Cardinals beat down tonight I meant the Louisville Cards not the St. Louis Cards.
frown.r191677.gif

Good win by the Reds. I love the Reds fans who show up in a Cards thread (assist) but will be the first to complain if a Cards fan talks any trash in one of theirs.

I haven't been in a Reds thread this season...don't intend to go there. Heck, I won't even comment in the current thread that acts as if the Reds just won the WS.

I will cheer for my Cards from here this season.

was watching the game today on the Reds Fox network because I was in a hospital room in Nashville & they gave an interesting stat...

in the last 27 Reds/Cardinals series in STL....Cards have won 22 or 23, cant remember which...Reds have won 2 or 3...and 2 splits

i liked that stat

nice recovery today, 5-1 win. good game by Lynn. Our bats need to get it going. Off to a slow start, other than Adams, who has hit well when called upon.

Enjoyed the ph home run by Adams that seemed to really get us going.

Hopefully Westbrook can have a good outing today & the dangerous weather forecasted for Stl will not happen.

Good to see the Birds bounce back from that 9th inning blow out in game one. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going.

The birds are playing really well. Hopefully they can keep it up and put some distance between us and the rest of the central.

i think so true.....was hoping we could keep up the scoreless streak for just a couple more innings.

maybe the law of averages just kicked in. :)

I don't think Boggs is a closer, though.

Well, just a couple of weeks in & hated to see the Cards let one slip away yesterday.

But, hey, 7-4. I'll take it right now.

I mean, shucks, for a team picked by USA Today to finish 3rd behind the, well you know, and the Pirates......our little ole guys are scrapping along & not doing to shabby!

Looking forward to the Pittsburgh series starting tonight...

Originally posted by UK_WINS_NCAA:
Suck it Rex
there's always the guy who....

...rushes to the computer after ONE win to thump his chest... (understandable if this were a 16 game NFL season, but downright laughable & embarrassing in a 162 game MLB season.....well, maybe unless your a Pirates fan i guess)

...goes to anothers team's thread to do so because his own team apparently has no fans of their own

too funny...

congrats on that win man!! awesome stuff!!

oh, and this may surpise you, but I actually didn't expect my Cards to go 162-0 this season...

hang in there, though, maybe before the season is over someone may actually want to talk 'buccos baseball' with you...

in the meantime, good luck on actually winning something, ANYTHING, of significance...

This post was edited on 4/18 10:12 AM by 3rex

Found this article today...really good insight...

The premise is that the Reds should really turn their jealousy & hatred of the 11 time WS Champions StL Cardinals....and point it toward......wait for it.....the CUBBIES!! Because they will likely be the next to surpass them....

This is really turning out to be a good day :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reds-country-may-dislike-st-louis-cardinals-catcher-230800057--mlb.html

oh, and heres an interesting stat...

The Cardinals have drawn more total fans to the ballpark in 6 home games than the Reds have drawn in 9....I just thought the Superteam's fans had a tradition of coming to the ballpark dressed as empty seats! :) always seemed like a strange tradition to me...

This post was edited on 4/18 7:38 PM by 3rex

Reading today's Courier Journal...Good quote from, of all people, Dusty Baker, as he talked about his catching situation & splitting time between the two he has..

Question: "Is a two-three split ideal?

Answer: "I don't like to sit either one of them two or three days. Ideally, you'd have a Yadier Molina. That's why he's the best in the game."

Yep, you tell 'em Dusty...

good stuff

yea, hard to believe Boggs went to crap overnight after being so good last season.

we are about where we probably should be, with the schedule we've played so far and the fact that noone in our lineup outside Molina is hitting yet.

as for our bullpen, it is starting to look like the 2011 edition. Mo made a great trade that year and the rest is history, so Im still holding out hope. For a team picked third in the NL, we might just sneak up on some people before the year is over, who knows!

Only my opinion but I hated the bunt in the 7th. Jay reaches 2nd base with nobody out & we use one of our best hitters in M. Carpenter to lay down a sacrifice, giving away one of the 9 outs we have left and apparently playing for 1 run.
I hate that move period, but with our bullpen so shaky at this point, I don't really understand taking yourself out of a potential big inning that way.

Hopefully we bounce back against the Nats, but Ive got a feeling they gonna be ready to take out a little revenge for last years playoffs on us!

This post was edited on 4/22 3:27 PM by 3rex

This post was edited on 4/22 3:36 PM by 3rex

Originally posted by 3rex:

yea, hard to believe Boggs went to crap overnight after being so good last season.

we are about where we probably should be, with the schedule we've played so far and the fact that noone in our lineup outside Molina is hitting yet.

as for our bullpen, it is starting to look like the 2011 edition. Mo made a great trade that year and the rest is history, so Im still holding out hope. For a team picked third in the NL, we might just sneak up on some people before the year is over, who knows!

Only my opinion but I hated the bunt in the 7th. Jay reaches 2nd base with nobody out & we use one of our best hitters in M. Carpenter to lay down a sacrifice, giving away one of the 9 outs we have left and apparently playing for 1 run.
I hate that move period, but with our bullpen so shaky at this point, I don't really understand taking yourself out of a potential big inning that way.

Hopefully we bounce back against the Nats, but Ive got a feeling they gonna be ready to take out a little revenge for last years playoffs on us!

This post was edited on 4/22 3:27 PM by 3rex
This post was edited on 4/22 3:36 PM by 3rex
How about a sweep???

Originally posted by UK_WINS_NCAA:
Lynn hits the same guy twice and doesn't get tossed? WTF?
boo hoo...

maybe he will stop diving over the plate......

Hopefully our bullpen gets untracked soon and our offense as well. We have noone besides Yadi hitting anywhere close to .300 & hopefully its only a matter of time before some of our guys pick it up & start hitting according to form.

The starting pitching is the only real strength as of now.

But, hey, still getting our share of wins! Hopefully we can find a way to scratch out maybe one win in the upcoming series versus the SUPERTEAM....and go from there!!

Its always a good day to be a Cardinals fan!!

well.....its the 6th inning & i have a question...

will we ever score another run? :)

i sure hope so!

Let's go Cards! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT