ADVERTISEMENT

Letcher Co shooting

After not being on the Paddock for months, I made the mistake of reading through this thread. What a bunch of easily swayed by rumor, ignorant, mouth breathers. No wonder Trump is the KY messiah.
Maybe try leaving for YEARS if you hated so much. I do not think ANYONE believes the rumors, just stated them. Great idea by you, just develop tunnel vision, it was a senseless murder, and call it a day. Nothing like the rumors tossed around have ever happened before. LOL. A lot more crazier shit has happened in this effed up world, it CAN be true, but as of now, only a "rumor".

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Anyone know if there will be a livestream of the preliminary hearing?

Im curious too. Was told today the lawyer hired was bartley from out of town. I know him but hes in somerset and from what i know he never practiced in letcher.

Curious if that means there is already a decision on change of venue or its expected to have mostly zoom bearings because thats a healthy drive to letcher if that has to be made very many times.

Is his wife his law partner? A Jeremy and Kerri Bartley entered their joint appearance on Friday.

Interesting.

Yes. I was unaware there was an entry of appearance but glad its out there.

Interesting for sure. Long way away both geographically and culturally (as weird as that might sound in rural ky, its true). Will help the prosecutor and presumably circuit judge will neither be local.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Maybe try leaving for YEARS if you hated so much. I do not think ANYONE believes the rumors, just stated them. Great idea by you, just develop tunnel vision, it was a senseless murder, and call it a day. Nothing like the rumors tossed around have ever happened before. LOL. A lot more crazier shit has happened in this effed up world, it CAN be true, but as of now, only a "rumor".
Stating rumors is spreading rumors. About a man who was murdered.

And everyone's welcome to developing tunnel vision, because no one in this thread is in charge of solving this. There's much, much smarter people than your dumb ass whose job that is. They have access to witnesses and evidence instead of ”what I heard on duh Internet”. Just shut the f up

Reactions: entropy13
Yes. I was unaware there was an entry of appearance but glad its out there.

Interesting for sure. Long way away both geographically and culturally (as weird as that might sound in rural ky, its true). Will help the prosecutor and presumably circuit judge will neither be local.
Yes, that's a long way from Letcher County. The preliminary hearing (in Morgan County, I think) is scheduled for today at 1:00 pm. Thought it would be waived but it hasn't yet been waived. Will be interesting to see if it takes place and what comes from it if it does.

As a sheriff and bailiff Stines undoubtedly knows a lot of attorneys. I'm not surprised that he either didn't want to retain or was unable to retain a Letcher County attorney, given the circumstances, but thought it would be an attorney or firm from the general area.

Yes, that's a long way from Letcher County. The preliminary hearing (in Morgan County, I think) is scheduled for today at 1:00 pm. Thought it would be waived but it hasn't yet been waived. Will be interesting to see if it takes place and what comes from it if it does.

As a sheriff and bailiff Stines undoubtedly knows a lot of attorneys. I'm not surprised that he either didn't want to retain or was unable to retain a Letcher County attorney, given the circumstances, but thought it would be an attorney or firm from the general area.

Agree. I suspect the circumstances made it difficult to hire someone local although noone in letcher could really handle this.

Im torn on the waiving. I always used it as early discovery but I dont think you get any discovery value from one here whereas the prosecution gets to put out motive etc further tainting any potential jury pool you have.

Plus you start the clock running in the very unlikely event they cant convene a grand jury to indict in time. Even if that happens, its just a dismissal without prejudice. That will still get the defendant temporarily out of jail. Irrelevant because they arent letting that date slip

At the same time, that publicity will help you as the attorney and is presumably one reason you take this case for a presumably discounted rate. That publicity wont effect your client because everyone already knows this case and its going to be pretty impossible to seat a jury anywhere that didn't hear about it.

And everyone's welcome to developing tunnel vision, because no one in this thread is in charge of solving this. There's much, much smarter people than your dumb ass whose job that is. They have access to witnesses and evidence instead of ”what I heard on duh Internet”. Just shut the f up

WTF are you to come on here and try to dictate what people can and can't post ? If only you was as smart as you think you are. No one is spreading rumors, I said IF. You know IF the rumors are true. IF< IF< IF< IF, meaning I am not saying it is fact. But this is a message board, not a court of law. GFY and try not to think too much of yourself. I guess message boards need to be by the book, no discussing or having an opinion on anything, it all has to be posted as is, after the fact so nobody won't post something that isn't 100%. Waiting until everything or anything is over and done before discussing, kind of takes message boards whole purpose away, no ?

Discussing something does not mean spreading rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT