ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy, Florida and Auburn are not pushovers

Mar 30, 2024
Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.

Last edited:
No game is a pushover in this conference.

However, we're a lot better than our record. We have one of, if not the best damn defenses in the country. There's not a lot of teams that can hold Ole Miss and UGA under 20 and under 15.

We have a really good running game with 2 QBs who are both good runners, our 2 RBs, and we're about to add the kidd who was essentially supposed to be our starter. That will open up the play book a little for the other two guys to be utilized in different ways. No way you just shelve them, even if Chip T is great. They've been too good and worked too hard. So you get creative and get them looks.

Passing game can only get better, but I'm not sure we need it to improve greatly. Just little things here and there.

Special teams is solid with one of the best kickers in the country.

Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.
Confusing post. And no, after the way we played pre Ole Miss game, MOST of us posters did NOT feel like those three would be easy W's. Quite the opposite. Also, Vandy does NOT have a bye before playing UK. They play Alabama this week. UK has a bye and should be heeled up really good, and Vandy will be a little beat up having to go play Alabama.

Most have described them as “winnable.”

That’s where I’m at.

Vandy frightens me the most. That freak QB from NMS, and his Coach, Jerry Kill might beat our asses. They dismantled Auburn at Auburn , when playing/coaching NM State.
Vandy certainly frightens me the most. Vandy has an ALL Conference level QB. Ihope our team is taking Vandy a lot moreseriouslythan most of our fans. Vandy will put more yards and more points onus Han GA. They are legit. May not be GA, Bama, TX, but they are not a walk over.

I hope to see 3 wins in a row, but I also know the game after a bye is the most dangerous to lose and Vandy is better than what a few people think... AllBarn is no slouch either... Hoping for those 3 wins for sure...

GBB

If UK could win 5 of the next seven that would be a very good season, considering we let one get away with USCjr...

GBB

If we play like we have the last 3 games we should be able to take care of business. I just want to see more improvement from the offense. If the offense can continue to control the line scrimmage we should be trending up.

Reactions: ganner918
If we play like we have the last 3 games we should be able to take care of business. I just want to see more improvement from the offense. If the offense can continue to control the line scrimmage we should be trending up.
Just keep improving every game. Hopefully the taste of the South Carolina debacle is still in their mouth.

Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams.
This!

Your use of "most" and "roll" are curious. How many posts have you seen on here where a majority thinks we would have easy wins over all three? I haven't seen any.

Reactions: entropy13
Is he related to Sonny Collins or Barnabas Collins?

That Barnabas got more tail (and neck) than your average ugly white Englishman. And dude was immortal, if I recall.

Took a road trip to Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg) to watch the Cats in 2017, and I’d swear I saw him working in the Piggly-Wiggly down there. He’d put on
some weight, but had a pretty strong relationship with the female employees.

It all relates to UK Football, in the end!!

Trying to predict wins and losses weeks ahead is a fools errand. Case in point how many football experts or fans predicted preseason that UK would lose to USC and beat Ole Miss? Zero that I'm aware of. And virtually everyone wrote off the Georgia game giving UK "no chance".

The fact is in the SEC you play a good team every week. Kentucky has an elite defense and an improving offense so hypothetically we should be competitive in every game we play from here on out.

Reactions: 3632 and flacat22
What bothers me most is the way stoops teams have played after a bye week and it's vandy too
No it is not Vandy's bye week. They had a bye between the Missouri game and the Alabama game this week. UK is on a bye this week, Vandy plays at home against Bama.

Auburn will be hard to stop, vandy and Florida will be tough too.

I agree with most of the other posters on here.

I have only heard comments about these games being winnable.........NOT that they roll over them.

Auburn was up by multiple scores on Oklahoma who looks to have a great defense, as good as or better than UKs.
Vanderbilt has been in some tight games and almost knocked off a top 10 team in Missouri. Florida on the road won't be an easy trip and look like they are an improving team.

Reactions: Deeeefense
The thinking you described was the leading cause of the loss to South Carolina. We were favored to win by 10. However, only the Kentucky players know if this is true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT