ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk about Nashville food.

Hattie B’s is commercialized mass market schlock. Bolton’s, especially the one on Franklin is the real deal. It might scare some of you “less urban” types though.
Hattie B’s May be commercialized but it blows the others away. Don’t try to be too hipster

Last edited:
Reactions: TIE543
Also if you drive, you can park downtown at the Public Library garage for $8 all day. It is walking distance to Bridgestone Arena and all of Broadway. We always stay near the airport for cheaper rooms and then drive in and park at the library.
Good tip.

And sadly there are those crazy scooters everywhere (Bird, Lime, Uber and Lyft). If like in the past, the sidewalks will be far too congested to use them close to Bridgestone - but might help getting close.

Scooter at your own risk - lol no DUI's for scooter use please...

Last edited:
Me and my buddies always get a steak at each SECT on Sat. night.

For Nashville, we always go to Kayne Prime.

Best steak in town. Start with a bourbon of your choice, then the cotton candy bacon (sounds weird, but an incredible appetizer), then filet mignon.

Two weeks until this meal!

Reactions: golfnvol and YouKay
Me and my buddies always get a steak at each SECT on Sat. night.

For Nashville, we always go to Kayne Prime.

Best steak in town. Start with a bourbon of your choice, then the cotton candy bacon (sounds weird, but an incredible appetizer), then filet mignon.

Two weeks until this meal!

Our Nashville friends love Kayne. I feel like I can get a great steak anywhere, so when I travel I want to eat local specialties. But then I dont live in the South, so I always want BBQ or Southern cooking when I am there!

Pancake Pantry(superb pancakes), Chuy's (Mexican), and Antonio's (Italian), Flemings(steaks). P.F. Chang's(Chinese).

Headed down for the SEC tourney. What are your local favorite food spots? I don’t mind getting off the beaten bath, AKA, Broadway.

I like Fleming’s located next door to the Vanderbilt University Marriott. Another really good restaurant down the street from Fleming’s is Stoney River.

Both are very good. I think both have a West End Ave address

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Stoney River is good but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near Fleming’s or Jeff Ruby’s or any of the other steakhouses. It’s not nearly as expensive as any of those others either.

If you do want Stoney River, drive to franklin. It’s about 15 minutes from Nashville. You won’t have near as long of a wait. But if you’re driving to franklin for steak, try Sperrys in cool springs. It never disappoints.

Stoney River is good but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near Fleming’s or Jeff Ruby’s or any of the other steakhouses. It’s not nearly as expensive as any of those others either.

If you do want Stoney River, drive to franklin. It’s about 15 minutes from Nashville. You won’t have near as long of a wait. But if you’re driving to franklin for steak, try Sperrys in cool springs. It never disappoints.
If you go to Franklin try the Cork and Cow. Best steak in Nashville area. Kayne Prime, Bob’s, and new place in JW Marriott are all outstanding. Peg Leg Porker best BBQ. Arnold’s and Dandgures are excellent meat and 3’s.

Hattie B’s is commercialized mass market schlock. Bolton’s, especially the one on Franklin is the real deal. It might scare some of you “less urban” types though.

maybe, but for a real urban experience, Prince's is the original and the place to go for Hot Chicken if you don't mind a wait.

Reactions: StubbornPenny
Does anyone here like the dive bar food at Pirahnna’s? Specifically the donut hamburger? I thought it was great. It’s around the corner from the main strip. Always catch games there if I’m in town.

I lived there a few years but don't eat out much, so can't give much advice on that front. However, the city of Franklin is absolutely gorgeous, especially downtown. Definitely advise spending an afternoon or evening there if you can make it.
If you come down to my neck of the woods here in Franklin, try Puckett’s, or right next to it is Cork and Cow...across from that is the Red Pony, on Main Street is Grey’s Drug’s (highly recommend...very nice for dinner...have live music upstairs), for breakfast go to Ffothy Monkey or Merridee’s. Hit me up, I’ll show you around!

Demos is good and not very expensive for lunch.
Hamburger steak, baked potato, salad and bread for under $7
Also Arnold’s around 8th is a great meat and vegetable dive

Always like to visit Jacks BBQ across from the Arena for good karma

Jack's is pretty damn good for a tourist trappy place! Cant go wrong with a meal there before the game. Edley's BBQ is better but farther away from the arena. Haven't been to Martin's yet but have heard it is very good too.

I think it’s safe to say there are lots of fantastic culinary options in the Greater Nashville area. For the past several years it has become a culinary hotspot. I said this before but want to make sure you hit Manny’s in the arcade downtown if you are looking for real deal pizza in a classic Italian dive.

Peg leg porker is solid bbq. So many. Thai Phooket near the stadium looks sketchy but great Thai.

Last edited:
I work in the Gulch. Martin's and Edleys BBQ are tops in town. Peg Leg is good, but a notch below those.

Stock & Barrel is a great Bourbon and Burger place. Crazy good bourbon selection and good burgers at decent prices. Love Merchants on Broadway, as much for the people watching as the food.

Prince's is the best hot chicken, but dont go crazy on the heat. I prefer to still taste the chicken. Otaku is great Ramen. Skip the line at Biscuit Love and brunch somewhere nice (especially if we get to Sunday). Nashville is loaded with great brunch options.

After dinner, hit Casa de Montecristo for a cigar and drinks. I happen to know the guy that runs it is a big blue fan .... wink, wink

Burger King.

Upgrade to Chilis and I'm in.

Save your money for the game refreshments.
Stash your pocket with almonds, cashews, and jerky.

Name food spots sell reputation and entertainment, (not worth it)

Nobody goes there anyway, (It's too crowded):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Y Berra.

Headed down for the SEC tourney. What are your local favorite food spots? I don’t mind getting off the beaten bath, AKA, Broadway.
If you like Mexican go to mas tacos por favor it's a shack inexpensive and amazingly good pozole is great and the agua fresca comes in a few varieties

Reactions: UKFAN4L
If you like Mexican go to mas tacos por favor it's a shack inexpensive and amazingly good pozole is great and the agua fresca comes in a few varieties
I’ve been there on a previous trip. Definitely one of my favorites in Nashville. If you time it right, Mas Tacos opens at 10 and The Pharmacy (across street) opens at 11. Nothing like tacos and burgers for a nice base coat!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT